Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Help please with battery vent tube

So I called around today to get a new AGM battery and I got a quote of $350 installed at Firestone. Advance sells an AGM Die Hard for $199 less 20% online discount. However they will not install on a Camaro. So I looked at you tubes and figured I could do it. The only big issue was that big plastic cover on the positive cables would not come off even after lifting the 2 tabs on each side and pulling up a plastic clip on the side but I got it off eventually. My question is when I removed the old battery the vent tube came out of its position on the side of the trunk compartment. The only place I an see it would go back in is the oval shaped grommet next to the negative side of the battery. I fed it through there but not sure that is where it should go. Anyone know for sure if that is where it vents? BTW what a PITA to replace a battery in these cars.

Never mind. I was putting the vent on the wrong side. There is a hole in the bottom of the trunk on the Positive side of the battery. The battery I got has a vent on both sides so I used the wrong side of the battery. BTW you are supposed to plug the vent on the battery you don't use.Tube on bottom right of the pic.

Last edited by craigss50; 09-10-2020 at 07:15 PM.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote