Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Should the Camaro get 4 doors like the mustang???

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/fo...our-door-sedan
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Old 11-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Old 11-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
They might as well bring back the SS sedan / Impala if so. I think the Camaro should stay as a 2 door coupe.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
No, but they should fix the A8 transmission
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Um.... no.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Not no, but HELL no. If you want a four door Camaro bring back the SS or release the Holden Caprice to civilian sales. Had one of those as a patrol car for a while. Would eat a Chargers lunch.

Last edited by ChickenPoop; 11-06-2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Can't spell.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
I guess Ford decided that dumping all its slow-selling 4-door sedans was a mistake. And I agree with the idea of a separate Chevy SS model sedan - but maybe the size of a Malibu.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
We're all for reasonable head space and more acceisble back seats. Porsche sells more panamera than 911.. just saying!

Just dont call it a trim level... errrr SS

Chevy Camaro SS... Super Sedan.

Going crazy here... make it hatchback ! the 4 door camaro/corvette.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Misleading title. No announcement or even basic evidence of a 4 door mustang in the article.

So here we are on Camaro6 starting a thread... about an article on C&D... about an article on Mustang6G... that came from a user in their forums... who claims to know a guy who went to a dealer event. With no other evidence, leaked photos, documents, etc.

Ok, buddy.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #11
Doin It For Dale

Drives: Bald Eagle,
I think that the Chevelle needs to come back as a Charger competitor. Let's consider some things:

Dodge is laughing all the way to the bank with the Charger and Challenger. They're on outdated platforms with old technology and low-tech engines. They put next to nothing into developing the chassis and haven't changed much mechanically since they returned. The Challenger and Charger are the only things keeping Dodge alive right now. They've created a badass brand image and everyone wants in on it. They have a massive market share in the police interceptor business with the Charger, and it's still doing well in rental sales.

Chevy has a history of muscle cars dating back to the original muscle car, and its sister company, Pontiac, created the muscle car with the GTO. The Camaro, Chevelle, Impala, and Nova were all around in the late 60's, all with powerful V8's. There was a V8-powered Chevy for everyone. Fast forward to 2014 and the Impala is a fwd v6 rental car while the Nova and Chevelle don't exist. In Comes the Chevy SS to save the day with its LS3, optional 6-speed, and sleeper looks, right? Well, it was an amazing car, but the SS was a sales failure. It came fully loaded with safety features, a dual mode exhuast, magnetic ride control, technology like a heads-up display, and it was imported from Australia. That meant that the base price matched that of a Charger Daytona 392. The only options were exterior paints, the automatic transmission, a sunroof, and floor mats. There were very few people who knew about the SS because its only marketing campaign was its use as the Chevy NASCAR Cup Series racercar from 2013-2017. Out of the people who knew about the SS, few were willing to pay for it.

So, what was the SS like? It was regarded by many as one of the best handling and most fun sedans of all time. Its chassis, engines, and transmissions, as well as many of its performance features such as MRC and NPP, were shared with the 5th gen Camaro. It was heavy for a car of that size, but is handled its weight well. Here's a German car enthusiast's take on it: https://youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM

I think the the debut of the next generation Camaro would be the perfect oppourtunity to debut a new four-door rwd Chevy sedan, and that it should be called the Chevelle.
The Alpha chassis has proven itself as one of the greatest chassis on the market, and the Alpha II is on its way with the next Camaro and two new Cadillac sedans. GM has developed new DOHC V8's to replace the Gen V small-blocks, and they'll bring new levels of performance, efficiency, and refinement to many GM products. The 10-speed transmission is fantastic could be the answer to the issues that have plagued GM 8-speeds for years. GM has come a long way in weight reduction technology since the creation of the SS/Commodore, and has found materials that reduce weight, increase rigidity, and reduce overall costs. I believe that GM can effectively utilize all of their current technology, knowledge, and hardware to create a sports sedan that can hang with cars like the new BMW 3-series across all trims in all performance measures. It shouldn't be hard to make such a car weigh as much as the current Camaros with similar engines. It wouldn't cost much more than a next-gen Camaro either. Of course, they'd need to have Camaro-like trim levels and I think that there should be ZL1 and 1LE versions of it. This Chevelle could be the successor the the Caprice Interceptor as well.

The world needs one last manual V8 sedan before they're gone for good, and Chevy is the perfect candidate for the job. Just don't call it a Camaro.
Doin It For Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #12
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I think we can all agree that this rendering is FUGLY AS HELL haha but keep in mind that's all this is. The Ford guys do know how to make a decent looking car so trust me when I say that if this is actually happening it will definitely look a lot better than this monstrosity lol not that it will look GOOD... but better than this.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
No
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:37 PM   #14
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Uh....

Name:  2C3A3358-E198-4AB0-9434-91A3A256500C.jpeg
Views: 414