#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #4103
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Regal FWD/AWD and Regal Tour X AWD with 2.0T and 8/9 speed transmissions confirmed through CARB testing.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #4104
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Regal FWD/AWD and Regal Tour X AWD with 2.0T and 8/9 speed transmissions confirmed through CARB testing.
Ugh, that sound like the wagon is gone be some lame jacked up one like a Subaru...

Odd they are using both an 8 and 9 speed though?
Old 03-18-2017, 05:42 AM   #4105
hockeylover86

Drives: Buick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Waiting for their new designed Edsel, the Flop.
I will say one thing Ford has done well, somehow they have convinced people that paying $60k+ for a 1/2 ton pickup and $70k+ for a 3/4 ton pickup is acceptable.

The GM's are expensive but the Ford's are ridiculous.
hockeylover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #4106
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover86 View Post
I will say one thing Ford has done well, somehow they have convinced people that paying $60k+ for a 1/2 ton pickup and $70k+ for a 3/4 ton pickup is acceptable.

You're not kidding! I was amazed though with the deal I got on my 15 Explorer Sport from the dealer, without even stepping foot on the floor all via emails. The MSRP may be one thing, but reality sets in when it's time to sell and they have to eat and pay the bills.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #4107
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Ugh, that sound like the wagon is gone be some lame jacked up one like a Subaru...

Odd they are using both an 8 and 9 speed though?
I hope GM resists doing this and offers it like a true European wagon. My wife and I really learn to appreciate them when we live in Germany and ended up with a Honda Crosstour when we returned because it was the most similar to that layout. I would seriously look at this for my wife's next car
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #4108
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I hope GM resists doing this and offers it like a true European wagon.
I think that's the problem. The Europeans love them. Americans? Not so much.

Personally i've always wanted to get my hands on a CTS-V Wagon.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #4109
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover86 View Post

You can just as easily make a Silverado or Sierra cross 60K as you can a Ford
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #4110
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
If we do get a "lifted" Insignia with plastic cladding, it'll be a product of the American market's disdain towards traditional wagons. GM can market it as a "crossover" or something.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #4111
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
If we do get a "lifted" Insignia with plastic cladding, it'll be a product of the American market's disdain towards traditional wagons. GM can market it as a "crossover" or something.
Its funny because my wife refuses to buy a minivan. I think they are awesome. She calls them soccer mom cars. She loves the Tahoe, which is ironic as hell because here in mormonland the Tahoe is quite literally the soccer mom car.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #4112
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Its funny because my wife refuses to buy a minivan. I think they are awesome. She calls them soccer mom cars. She loves the Tahoe, which is ironic as hell because here in mormonland the Tahoe is quite literally the soccer mom car.
Minivans do get a bad rap, but the amount of crap you can pack into them and still be comfortable is insane.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #4113
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I refuse to buy any vehicle that I won't use for its intended purpose on a regular basis.

That includes a 3 row anything if I'm only ever going to have 3 or 4 passengers in it. Or any giant box on wheels, when anything that I can't fit in my trunk can get delivered. Or anything with extra ground clearance when its never going off road. Or anything with an open bed when I'm not going to be hauling bulk or oversized things.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #4114
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I refuse to buy any vehicle that I won't use for its intended purpose on a regular basis.

That includes a 3 row anything if I'm only ever going to have 3 or 4 passengers in it. Or any giant box on wheels, when anything that I can't fit in my trunk can get delivered. Or anything with extra ground clearance when its never going off road. Or anything with an open bed when I'm not going to be hauling bulk or oversized things.
You probably wouldn't like my garage then haha. 15 Silverado, DD only pulls trailers in the summer, only goes offroad while camping. 83 Silvarado, only hauls crap around in the bed once in a great while. 11 Camaro SS, sits inside the garage 6 months a year and then only goes out on weekends. 14 Cruze, actually used for it's intent as a long distance commuter.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #4115
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

That makes a lot of sense...BUT My family is just me and my wife right now. She drives a 16 Explorer. I can't tell you how many times its extra size and room has come in handy lol.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #4116
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
You probably wouldn't like my garage then haha. 15 Silverado, DD only pulls trailers in the summer, only goes offroad while camping. 83 Silvarado, only hauls crap around in the bed once in a great while. 11 Camaro SS, sits inside the garage 6 months a year and then only goes out on weekends. 14 Cruze, actually used for it's intent as a long distance commuter.
Well, so long as the Camaro sees a track every now and then. Or at the very least, some nice back roads
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions