#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #155

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Why is a 1LE thead in the ZL1 section?
...Maybe it's not a 1LE....maybe it's a Z/28....maybe there won't even be a 1LE..

Maybe it will be like the 5thGen after all.....ZL1 first, then a 1LE option for the SS, then a Z/28...who knows....

Maybe we're all getting too far ahead of ourselves with these videos...I hope we hear something "official" pretty soon....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #156
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Maybe it's not a 1LE....maybe it's a Z/28....maybe there won't even be a 1LE..

Maybe it will be like the 5thGen after all.....ZL1 first, then a 1LE option for the SS, then a Z/28...who knows....

Maybe we're all getting too far ahead of ourselves with these videos...I hope we hear something "official" pretty soon....
True.

Maybe this section needs a new name then...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #157

Quote:
True.

Maybe this section needs a new name then...
I think it's a pretty safe bet there will be a ZL-1 at some point, so it now has a forum...The other models, still a "mystery",...maybe pre-mature to create any other model forums...
Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #158
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:

I guess you and I are the only two that think the same thing:

as far as the argument going about there not being a 1LE for this gen, I believe that to be correct too, A LOT of people would have been just fine and happy to have the Z/28 be the SS w/1LE package and the LT7...GM went waaayyy overboard and did everything else to it and put it in the 75K range and lost a lot of sales due to the price tag. Its not like they really wanted to sell that many Z/28's anyway, that would have jacked with their CAFE #'s...so all in all I am saying, this is the Z/28 and there will be no reason for a 1LE package with this gen because with the performance of the SS, there really is no need for it.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
I guess you and I are the only two that think the same thing:

as far as the argument going about there not being a 1LE for this gen, I believe that to be correct too, A LOT of people would have been just fine and happy to have the Z/28 be the SS w/1LE package and the LT7...GM went waaayyy overboard and did everything else to it and put it in the 75K range and lost a lot of sales due to the price tag. Its not like they really wanted to sell that many Z/28's anyway, that would have jacked with their CAFE #'s...so all in all I am saying, this is the Z/28 and there will be no reason for a 1LE package with this gen because with the performance of the SS, there really is no need for it.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see the Z/28 built bare-bones and hi-priced like the 5thGen....It will likely be a model that has SS like creature comforts....and would be too similar to what a 1L-E would be with a unique engine....

The SS will turn out to be a track beast by itself and with the several, and probably more to come, options available, it's already 1L-Enough...lol...
Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #160
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Yeah, I doubt we'll see the Z/28 built bare-bones and hi-priced like the 5thGen....It will likely be a model that has SS like creature comforts....and would be too similar to what a 1L-E would be with a unique engine....

The SS will turn out to be a track beast by itself and with the several, and probably more to come, options available, it's already 1L-Enough...lol...
I'm almost wondering if they will call this one the Z28 and they have another boosted motor for a Zr1 down the road that will end up in 6th Gen Zl1. Aka kitty eater.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #161
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
FYI the 8-speed shifts quicker then the PDK...

You need to leave it in D. Manual mode slows it down.
The only place the auto might be faster is full throttle up-shifts in sport mode. It's slower everywhere else, especially in down-shifts, arguably the most crucial thing on a track. And leaving it in auto will keep the revs too high, leading to over-heating on the track in the Z06. It's just not cut out for hard running track work.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I'm almost wondering if they will call this one the Z28 and they have another boosted motor for a Zr1 down the road that will end up in 6th Gen Zl1. Aka kitty eater.
Who knows....I tend to look at GM's attempt at a N/A engine above the LS7 to use in their Z06 Corvette....They couldn't pull it off and had to go with FI...It went against "tradition" and what they would have preferred, but I think the writing is on the wall that any engines with high hp that will pass emissions, etc., will be either turbo or S/C...

A new S/C ZL-1 with a LT-4 seems plausible enough....that engine already exists....It's still a big mystery/question what will be used for a Z/28 if they build one this Gen....Maybe the LT-1 still has some up-grades on the table for a Z/28....we will see....

(I wish they would just come out and say what they are going to build and when, even if it's just general terms and approximate time-frames....so we could all stop guessing...The only real "proof" we have so far are the thread titles...lol...)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #163
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
If you guys had to guess a price for the upcoming ZL1, what would you guess it would cost? mid 60's with some options? Or do you think it'll be hitting 70k+?
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #164
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
If you guys had to guess a price for the upcoming ZL1, what would you guess it would cost? mid 60's with some options? Or do you think it'll be hitting 70k+?
most people were priced out of the Z28 at $75K. Many more out of the ZL1 at $55-65K....if they have the ZL1 anywhere near the $70K range, they will not make people happy.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 AM   #165
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't see any reason whatsoever why a supercharged version of the 2SS (yes I know...there is more than just a supercharged engine!) should cost over 20K more than the 42K 2SS. So I say certainly no more than low 60s. My estimated ange on price would be 58 to 62 grand.

If they offer different "tiers" ala GT350, then I say mid 50s, all the way up to a mid to upper 60s "R" version.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #166
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Who knows....I tend to look at GM's attempt at a N/A engine above the LS7 to use in their Z06 Corvette....They couldn't pull it off and had to go with FI...It went against "tradition" and what they would have preferred, but I think the writing is on the wall that any engines with high hp that will pass emissions, etc., will be either turbo or S/C...

A new S/C ZL-1 with a LT-4 seems plausible enough....that engine already exists....It's still a big mystery/question what will be used for a Z/28 if they build one this Gen....Maybe the LT-1 still has some up-grades on the table for a Z/28....we will see....

(I wish they would just come out and say what they are going to build and when, even if it's just general terms and approximate time-frames....so we could all stop guessing...The only real "proof" we have so far are the thread titles...lol...)

But again, as stated several times, what was the goal of that motor? Does it need to be as high HP for a Camaro as for a Corvette? Also, that was at least a year ago. Have they found a way since then? Does a Z/28 need a 600+ Hp motor like they probably planned for the Z06? Or can the NA motor get to 550 Hp safely, and cleanly, and provide the addition power a Z/28 needs?

In other words, in a world of assumptions, assuming they completely scrapped the motor and it will never return doesn't make sense. Al O already said he sees the next Z/28 as a NA small displacement high RPM powered car. And as much as they fought against FI the last go round, I could see them waiting to use the Z/28 name for a fitting NA car.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #167
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
The only place the auto might be faster is full throttle up-shifts in sport mode. It's slower everywhere else, especially in down-shifts, arguably the most crucial thing on a track. And leaving it in auto will keep the revs too high, leading to over-heating on the track in the Z06. It's just not cut out for hard running track work.
Going to agree with this. For the drag strip, by all means, leave it in auto-mode. If you're road racing then you'll want to paddle shift.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #168
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
For low 60's, an LT4 powered 6th gen camaro would be an incredible deal. I would imagine it would out perform the C7 Stingray in that case while costing about the same.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote