Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Or my BMW for that matter. I look at this interior and I see C7...And that is a very good thing.
How about 67-68 Camaro?
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #44
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Those fat C pillars remind me of a Dodge Charger and the tail lamps seem to have been discovered by GM after they'd fallen off a parts bin truck destined for a Toyota plant. I get that they are making a reference to the Stingray, but the execution is so sloppy. Also, that badge placement is so bad that I would rather debadge my car than keep it in place to let other know what trim my car is.

Also... electronic e brake?!?!

Thanks, but no thanks.

The only company making a real American muscle car right now is Dodge with the Challenger. Ford and Chevy have lost their way in pursuit of the European luxury sportscar market. It works fantastically for the Corvette, but that's always been positioned as a sports car from day 1 rather than muscle.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my '11 Camaro when I did and have no plans to trade it in. Can the new cars outrun me to 60 by half a second or more? Sure. Do I care? No. To each their own, but I feel the Gen 5 will be remembered as more iconic over time.
Really?? Have you seen a new charger or challenger interior? That cluster is the exact same layout. And dodge gives every option in the parts bin. All those same electronic nannies. Maybe dodge builds a traditional muscle car. You know crappy brakes, boat like handling, good only for stoplight racing.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #45
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How about 67-68 Camaro?
Yes you can tell it's a Camaro, just enough so it has a different feel compared to the C7. I think they hit a homerun here. The vents do seem strange in the center. Just will be different getting air blown up at you.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #46
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Exterior I'd have to see in person, but it does look better than I thought it would. The interior however looks AMAZING!!
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:43 PM   #47
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
The only company making a real American muscle car right now is Dodge with the Challenger. Ford and Chevy have lost their way in pursuit of the European luxury sportscar market. It works fantastically for the Corvette, but that's always been positioned as a sports car from day 1 rather than muscle.
Just for reference ... the Camaro has never been positioned as a muscle car
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #48
kissmyss03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Here is my drone footage. Not much since they shut me down pretty quick

Old 05-16-2015, 10:55 PM   #49
danman_s

Drives: 2009 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Those fat C pillars remind me of a Dodge Charger and the tail lamps seem to have been discovered by GM after they'd fallen off a parts bin truck destined for a Toyota plant. I get that they are making a reference to the Stingray, but the execution is so sloppy. Also, that badge placement is so bad that I would rather debadge my car than keep it in place to let other know what trim my car is.

Also... electronic e brake?!?!

Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my '11 Camaro when I did and have no plans to trade it in. Can the new cars outrun me to 60 by half a second or more? Sure. Do I care? No. To each their own, but I feel the Gen 5 will be remembered as more iconic over time.
Considering how the Mustang and Camaro are dominating the Challenger in sales, I think it's working just fine for them. Truthfully, the Challenger is a fat pig. If you want fantastic driving dynamics, the Mustang and Camaro are excellent options.
danman_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #50
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
..... Does TAG fit in the trunk???

Old 05-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #51
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Just for reference ... the Camaro has never been positioned as a muscle car

Oh, the confusion that statement will make for!!! Lol

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #52
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
First off, to me this is a stellar car and GM got everything right. The trunk may be completely useless but who gives a turkey? You buy this car to drive, enjoy, and have fun with. Even as a daily driver. If you need to pack many suitcases and people often I'm sure this car isn't on your shopping list.

My impressions:

- Love the new front and rear ends. The Corvette Stingray influence can be seen, especially with the tail lights. My Mom has an order in for a 2016 Corvette Stingray. I just might be joining her for a 2016 Camaro SS!

- The air vents look like Mercedes Benz. That is a good thing, because:

- The interior is lightyears ahead of the 5th gen. Very modern and won't bore you to death after 5 minutes of looking at it like the 5th gen did.

- Two glaring issues on the technology front with the 5th gen that were fixed on the 6th gen: keyless ignition and dual zone climate control. I can kind of see the 5th gen not having keyless ignition for the first year or two, but the fact that it had single zone manual HVAC on a $40,000 car, even in 2009, was completely inexcusable. That was actually a deal killer for me. One of the main reasons I did NOT buy a 5th gen Camaro. I knew it would be fixed for the 6th gen so I waited.

- I'm a pure manual transmission guy and will never own an automatic. But the fact that the automatic gear shift looks like a manual, and does not have long throws between selectors, is a great improvement. Kudos to the designers for making the automatic gearbox selector look and probably feel right for a sports car.

- The airbag imprint label on the lower seat trim by the power seat switches - is that just where they chose to put the torso airbag label, or does that mean in addition to the torso airbags in the side of the seat, there are also thigh airbags on the bottom of the seat? That would be a new level of safety if it had lower thigh airbags too! Also, do we know if it now has knee airbags?

- Will the moonroof slide open on top of the roof, or, since this is on the same chassis as the ATS, will it finally slide INTO the roof?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #53
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Long live Camaro! Brilliant!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:35 AM   #54
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks Tran!

Any shots under the hood of the SS?
They did not open the hood on the SS but media day is Sunday and I'm quite sure they will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
..... Does TAG fit in the trunk???

LOL... yes, I think we can make that happen.

The trunk opening is actually deeper front to back now and looks to have about the same space as before.

Name:  trunk.JPG
Views: 2116
Size:  72.4 KB
Old 05-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #55
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
They did not open the hood on the SS but media day is Sunday and I'm quite sure they will

LOL... yes, I think we can make that happen.

The trunk opening is actually deeper front to back now and looks to have about the same space as before.

Attachment 717106
When I first saw the trunk pics, one of my immediate* reactions was 'Hey, where's the Shunt Release?'

Ah, the days gone by of an internet car forum.

*the other one being, 'don't tell me they made the opening even smaller ... '
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:45 AM   #56
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
One of the things I love about GM is their sense of humor.

You see, for about the entire first year of it's existence, the biggest complaint over on the Corvette Forum was the "Camaro" tail lights, as they called them. It was a big deal, and members got in fights and some got banned over it.

Well, GM just turns around and says, "Here, take this you b#tches! Now, what have you got to say?".

No really, they did a nice job with this car. It's a true upgrade. There's a couple of things I wish they did differently, but nothing that I can't get over pretty quickly. The shape of the hood is strange, and the rear bumper seems pretty tame for this car. Also the Cadillac seats just seem a little out of place, at least from here.

However, the "fastback" look and the lower, longer hood, not to mention the added rake from front to rear, really make this thing stand out and look really aggressive from the profile. I also really like the way the treated the wheel flares.

The interior upgrades, from push button start, to climate control is way over due for this car. The interior looks solid. Sophisticated with out being gaudy or snooty. Not to mention finally giving us something better than just hard plastic to touch.

I like it better than the 5th Gen by a bit. However, it removes any notion of wanting a Mustang or Challenger.

Give me the LT1 with 6 spd rev match please! Nice work GM.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote