Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #1
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Getting a P015B code after installing CAI

Like the title says. Never came on the first time installing, but after installing it for the second time it came on.

I just cleaned the MAF sensor so I’ll see how it turns out after a bit of driving.

I did notice the PCV valve hose isn’t snug. When I pull up on it it moves and when I push down it goes down, even though it’s clicked in. I’m thinking that might be the issue?
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
You have upset the balance of the universe and twisted the fabric of space time. intake air lean to rich rate is out of parameters according to the ecu because the air intake rate is changed. But is it a real problem? I cannot say. The limits of acceptable air rate deltas are programmed in the ecu, and the ecu has very tight tolerances. Is it a "real" problem 200k miles down the road? I don't know. Can you live with the cel, or go to a custom tune to hush the cel? up to you. That's all I got.

If you read (past tense) the forums its a common issue. I have a K&N drop in and its good. no cel. Hear the turbo etc.. all good. CAI is a waste of money IHMO. sell it and get a Race Chip.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
wookwook

plus your car is KRYPTON Green.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
You have upset the balance of the universe and twisted the fabric of space time. intake air lean to rich rate is out of parameters according to the ecu because the air intake rate is changed. But is it a real problem? I cannot say. The limits of acceptable air rate deltas are programmed in the ecu, and the ecu has very tight tolerances. Is it a "real" problem 200k miles down the road? I don't know. Can you live with the cel, or go to a custom tune to hush the cel? up to you. That's all I got.

If you read (past tense) the forums its a common issue. I have a K&N drop in and its good. no cel. Hear the turbo etc.. all good. CAI is a waste of money IHMO. sell it and get a Race Chip.
Haha. I don’t think it’d cause harm in the long run but I don’t know. I’d rather have the CEL off and have no code but it’s whatever. I didn’t know the drop in filter let you hear the turbo, cause that’s all I wanted the intake for haha. I got it for a very good price though so I’m not too worried about that. They advertised 22 whp and 18 lb of torque but I’m skeptical...
Old 05-16-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
wookwook

the stock box is ram intake. just follow the little funnel to the grill. I am glad you liked my sense of humpr, I love the green. But it seems the bolt-ons are not really bolt-on ready. The only thing that seems to give you bang for the buck if your not gonna go full on track ready is Race Chip. Its the only plug and play solution there is without defeating codes.

With my set up I hear a lot of intake and because of the added boost you get obvious the blow-off noise at higher revs. Like a fire breathing dragon. Also probably the exhausts are plug-ons too. I put a borla resonator on my stock exhaust and to me its more closer to a refined sport coupe now. I'm looking for the set of wheels it deserves and probably tinker around but not much else you can do w/o a major investment in time and money.

A lot of us are here are tuners and that is fine if that's what you want to do. Probably better final results even, after tuning testing and tweaking. It just depends on what you want to do. But CEL free options are few and far between.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Happened to my mishimoto one took that crap off lol
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:16 AM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
What CAI did you buy? Aside from Mishimoto I've not seen any of them cause a CEL unless an install issue occured yours not being snug on the clip is an issue. Wookwook makes some good points it purely depends on what your build aspirations are going forward. I'm more a fan of proper tuning then the RaceChip solution myself but apples to oranges and all that.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
So this is common but everyone just removes the intake puts the stock back on. However all it is.. post maf leak. I had the same issue when I did my catch can install I fought codes left and right p015b last code. Vacuum leak after maf
Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Not sure why everyone is having this issue. I've removed and installed my CAI many times pre and post-tune. Zero issues i think maybe people are installing shit wrong.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #10
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
^ I have had two different intakes, the ebay air dynamics one and the mishimoto one. On and off several times, and never had a single cel for them. Even had pcv hose broke at one point because its a 17 and the clips are a nightmare and never got one lol.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #11
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not sure why everyone is having this issue. I've removed and installed my CAI many times pre and post-tune. Zero issues i think maybe people are installing shit wrong.
I’ve legit installed it the same way as I ddi the first time. Funny thing is, the first time we put the clamps on wrong and had no CEL, but the second time with everything in its proper place the light came on. It’s weird.

I did realize the PCV hose is kind of loose, like if I jerk it up it moves about 1-2 cm and I’m thinking that’s the issue. May need a new hose or some shit I don’t know.

Apart from that I can’t think of any other reason why the light came on. It’s the Mishimoto one.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #12
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Has to do with the the maf reading too much air, mishimoto has the information online but basically when you take boost and let off the throttle fast the extra boost get push back towards the maf and it reads too much air(lean) has to do with some sort of turbulence, they supposedly fixed that issue as they ran into it in prototypes by making the intake tube have a slight bend but yet it still comes on for me. Only thing I can think of is try to adjust tube so that the air don’t go back. Every time I removed it and reinstalled it’ll go away for a few miles and come back, ended up taking it all off
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:48 AM   #13
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post

New here and to car mods, mostly had stunter superbikes and trucks that I didn't performance mod.

Your k&n filter is the flat square looking one? Is the turbo louder than stock with it? I'm not looking for huge gains, but it seems like a good fit for me if it gives a little more turbo noise.

Thanks!
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #14
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Has to do with the the maf reading too much air, mishimoto has the information online but basically when you take boost and let off the throttle fast the extra boost get push back towards the maf and it reads too much air(lean) has to do with some sort of turbulence, they supposedly fixed that issue as they ran into it in prototypes by making the intake tube have a slight bend but yet it still comes on for me. Only thing I can think of is try to adjust tube so that the air don’t go back. Every time I removed it and reinstalled it’ll go away for a few miles and come back, ended up taking it all off
Would it be an issue in the long run? For the engine, etc.