Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Z/28 Emblem Help (Measurements)

Hi All,

I am hoping someone is really bored in these times and could potentially help me. I don't have a Z/28 but instead a 1/LE lol.

I am trying to replicate the look of the Z/28 emblem layout but instead with 1/LE emblems. (i.e. Plan on buying the Z/28 grille/flowtie here this month)

I am just looking for measurements to understand generally how the 1LE emblems I have compare.

First question would be is the Grille Emblem smaller than the Fender emblem.

Second question is the Rear Emblem different than the Fender emblems.

Third question would anyone be willing enough to get me some basic measurements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jared
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
When I get home later if no one else has, I can do it.

If you're using any sort of imaging software, etc then a picture with a ruler or other graduated scale in the shot may be more helpful to you (then you can calculate every measurement for whatever you want).
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
Saw this post and I said what the heck...Let's help out a fellow sophomore Camaro owner. I think this is what you wanted, hope this help. If you want location measurements or better day light pictures, PM me.

Side and back are the same size.
Attached Images

pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:42 PM   #4
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
This is how I did mine when I had a 2015 1LE
Attached Images

Last edited by RaycinSS; 04-16-2020 at 12:18 AM.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:19 AM   #5
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
Saw this post and I said what the heck...Let's help out a fellow sophomore Camaro owner. I think this is what you wanted, hope this help. If you want location measurements or better day light pictures, PM me.

Thank you for posting those.

I got home after all my appointments last night and was just BLAH, forgot about everything but just laying down.

These are what I was going to do, having the measurements in the picture is the real key.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #6
96SS390

Quote:

I almost got a Z but yes I am a sophmore. Was looking at a few of the higher mileage ones in the low $30ks but chose the 1LE as I plan to Whipple and be OTD under $30k. It just better suites what I will use the car for mostly.

Was wondering if you could get a vertical measurement on the Grille Emblem. From what I can tell the grille emblem is substantially smaller than the others.

Based on your ruler it looks like the Deck Lid and Fender emblems are the same emblem.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #7
96SS390

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
This is how I did mine when I had a 2015 1LE
Any more pictures of the Rear of your car. I am 100% getting a Z28 diffuser (i.e. where did you get yours from) but not sold I like the decklid with an emblem in the corner.

I am currently 100% badgeless but bought a set of 4 unicorn badges now I am not sure I want to use them lol.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
pzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SS390 View Post
I almost got a Z but yes I am a sophmore. Was looking at a few of the higher mileage ones in the low $30ks but chose the 1LE as I plan to Whipple and be OTD under $30k. It just better suites what I will use the car for mostly.

Was wondering if you could get a vertical measurement on the Grille Emblem. From what I can tell the grille emblem is substantially smaller than the others.

Based on your ruler it looks like the Deck Lid and Fender emblems are the same emblem.
If you order emblem for 2014 or 2015 shouldn't they come standard. What's all the measurement for, unless you're going to custom make them?

Here you go front and side (2 sides and back are the same)

NOTE: front logo, my ruler didn't fit so I started at 1" mark not at 0" mark.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
Yessa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
With all due respect-why advertise for Chevrolet .... their actions in the last 5-10 years clearly indicates they prefer profits over people .... just sayin' because it's a little sad ... I was a die hard Chevy guy going way back to the 70s when Dad had his GMC Jimmy. Heartbreaking to see what has happened in recent years. My two cent opinion.
Yessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #10
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
So with all due respect as well.
If you find the right person, you’d be willing to greatly discount or give your Z28 away? Because people come before your profit on your sale. I don’t condone any particular business practice but there’s enough greed to go around. So to dump on others about having bowties or such might not be a good idea. Rocks and glass houses don’t mix well.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #11
96SS390

Quote:
If you order emblem for 2014 or 2015 shouldn't they come standard. What's all the measurement for, unless you're going to custom make them?

Here you go front and side (2 sides and back are the same)

NOTE: front logo, my ruler didn't fit so I started at 1" mark not at 0" mark.
I wanted to confirm the (2) fender and decklid were the same size and compare that size to the 1/LE emblems I have.

The bigger issue was I thought just by appearance the Grille emblem was smaller of which you confirmed. So the plan would be to have a 1LE emblem custom made to similar measurements to fit on a Z28 grille.

Still on the fence whether I like all the badges on the decklid though.

Really appreciate your help! May need some help deciphering the numbers on that ruler when I get into things again more so on the Grille emblem. (i.e. about 5 inches long x .5 Tall??)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #12
96SS390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessa View Post
With all due respect-why advertise for Chevrolet .... their actions in the last 5-10 years clearly indicates they prefer profits over people .... just sayin' because it's a little sad ... I was a die hard Chevy guy going way back to the 70s when Dad had his GMC Jimmy. Heartbreaking to see what has happened in recent years. My two cent opinion.
I mean I am not a brand guy nor do I really concern myself with the politics behind vehicles. It is just a car to me so I am striclty just trying to get the visual appearance that I find most appealing.

That being said my car is actually currently "badgeless". It looks as though you have a Z28 and based on your opinions I would assume you are badgeless too? Do you have any pictures if so. I am still on the fence as I originally planned to replicate the Z28 badge layout with 1/LE emblems and blackbow ties but now not sure if I just might keep it badgeless.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #13
pzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessa View Post
So you want me to pull off the emblems off my Z/28? You know anything about business? I understand how you feel, but when a company goes public they have to please the board and its investors. Hence the words "Profit over people" as you are referring to.

With all due respect than why are you on Chevy Camaro Forum. Go support small mom and pop auto maker. I mean I get it, I'm with you, but there isn't any mom and pop auto makers here anymore.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #14
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Looks as though someone’s Z28 is not badgeless. But would rather give grief to those that are not. What did I say about rocks and glass houses. Go give your Z28 to a charity for PPE’s or such and then come back to trash on people for not being badgeless.
With all due respect.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote