Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2019, 02:52 AM   #1
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
How loud is secondary cat delete in stealth?

Anybody have the secondary cat delete (specifically w borla x pipe) on m6 that can give me rough idea how loud it is in stealth? Is it like stock track mode or anywhere close?
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #2
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
I've got Kooks LTH with high flow cats and obviously secondary cat delete. It's remarkably quiet in stealth mode, seriously. I was shocked how quiet it was.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
DD goat

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs510 View Post
Anybody have the secondary cat delete (specifically w borla x pipe) on m6 that can give me rough idea how loud it is in stealth? Is it like stock track mode or anywhere close?
I've got exactly what your asking for, but the car's in storage for another month, and no video. It isn't as loud as stock track mode, but it is a nice yet subtle increase. I'd say 20% louder than stock.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
Caspeyy

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
I didnt have the same exhaust setup as you, but with full stock npp exhaust, i did the secondary cat delete and it was pretty noticeable. If the stock exhaust was a 5/10, id say with the secondary delete it made it a 7/10 with a bit more noise and a bit better sound.

Edit: just saw u meant stealth, my bad. Stealth didnt change much at all for me, very very little difference.
Caspeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
Dvs510

Thanks for the help.. I’ve watched a million YouTube videos but of course u can’t realy get that good of an idea how actualy loud it is and also nobody throws it in stealth mode with stock npp
Old 03-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #6
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
I have all stock expext Borla 60606. I will say Touring mode is pretty much Sports mode without delete. I go to work at mid night and we have pretty quiet neighborhood, its pretty acceptable in cold start with touring mode with deleted.

Even normal driving, its not loud at all. I honestly cant tell much. I think if i add headers with hfc, it would be perfect.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:05 PM   #7
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I did a 2ndary delete after my s/c install this winter and had to do some pulls for my tuner a couple of weeks ago (even though it was below 0) but I would say at idle there is little change of sound in stealth / tour (maybe a touch "deeper"), but under load it is louder in all modes. Definitely a little more "raspy", like the factory Challenger exhausts, but manageable.

My car is all stock exhaust with NPP other than the secondary delete

I do have a video of it idling if needed
Old 03-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

If you have not already bought the 60606 and want to you better get a move on. borla discontinued production months ago and whatever is left out there is all there is going to be. everywhere i looked except a few places were all sold out and i called complete street performance and they told me there supplier only showed 3 left. this was last tuesday. i bought mine and it was at my door in 2 days. gitty up!
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #9
Buckscamaro

Drives: 2016 ss camaro
Quote:
thats exactly my set up! its not loud at all and sounds great. track mode is loud but nothing crazy.

i don't have a clip on this computer but if you check out my instagram Boogieman_racing there's a few videos of my car making passes and revs

Instagram: boogieman_racing
Buckscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #10
Buckscamaro

Drives: 2016 ss camaro
fast forward to 7 min. i do have shorty headers but they are basically identical to stock manifolds lol

https://youtu.be/uEIwJ-p2MuU

Instagram: boogieman_racing
Buckscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:38 AM   #11
Dvs510

Thanks for the info... I thought about doing just the 60663 cat only section but it just looks probly a lil more difficult to get full seal. For that reason I’d rather go w the full 60606. Only down side to that is I know it will b even louder w the x pipe... fn California !
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #12
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
The only real difference in this mod is just the extra fuel overrun popping. It's not really louder with stock NPP.
Change the muffler however and it allows the fuel burning in the pipes to sound throatier.

Still it's worth it imo.
Only factory NPP setups have that fuel overrun tuned in also.
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #13
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Dvs if your wondering if the neighbors are gonna get mad at cold start-up, I gotta tell you IMHO the 60606 combined with NPP gives a somewhat louder amount of sound than stock even in Stealth. But once the idle settles in, you can drive away with light throttle and no one will be the wiser.

Out in traffic and in Track mode it is considerably stronger and could even draw a bit too much attention- but it is nice when you're at light throttle and the NPP keeps things very civil even in Track mode.

I give this combo a with all but the most picky neighbors.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote