Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #29
~Jb

Drives: 2018 ZLE
If dealers want to get rid of the 18's they will take what they can get when they are ready. My local dealer has a 18' that they have been sitting on as well as a brand new 19'. They can hype it up as much as they want, fact is the ZLE is an extremely niche vehicle. Don't believe a word the dealers are saying about selling quickly or there is no room to negotiate, hell the sales guy I am talking to is convinced the ZLE has Mag Ride.

To most dealers, it's just another Camaro and another unit to sell to in order to make numbers. I'm with you though OP, they get down to $64k or less ($10k under sticker) and I will probably pull the trigger.
~Jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #30
Hungry Hippo

Drives: Fast and Loud
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Technically they can still sell it to you as a "new" car because it has not yet been registered.

IMO you should avoid it. You'll get differing opinions on the necessity of break-in, though I'm of the mindset that break-in really affects longevity.

So if you plan on keeping the car beyond the warranty (or plan on modding it) don't buy it unless they mark the price down enough that its worth your headaches.

If it were me, I'd not pay above 60k and have them throw in an extended warranty minimum. Try to squeeze them for new tires too
I do not follow break in holistically, but I do follow it somewhat. When I picked up my 2018 M5 this year on my drive home from Chicago I gave it some gas a lot of times. I don’t go to redline though, I just vary RPM to help everything deal. But as the owner of a dealer and it having 700ish miles and the fact he lives relatively close I’m assuming it was driven hard.
Hungry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #31
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Hippo View Post
I do not follow break in holistically, but I do follow it somewhat. When I picked up my 2018 M5 this year on my drive home from Chicago I gave it some gas a lot of times. I don’t go to redline though, I just vary RPM to help everything deal. But as the owner of a dealer and it having 700ish miles and the fact he lives relatively close I’m assuming it was driven hard.
I'm the same. I actually think its a good idea to give it a few moderate blips during break-in. I typically keep it under 4k like most manuals recommend and try to avoid hard launches, but other than that I still drive it somewhat aggressively and hit 5k from time to time but never beyond that.

I guarantee you the owner of the dealership didn't give a single thought to the next owner. Probably roasted tires to show off. What's worse than burnouts on a new engine is he probably didn't know what he was doing and likely bucked the engine, stalled it, maybe even ran the snot out of it while the car was still learning to remap for the fuel -- who knows what knocking occurred (as it does early on while learning -- which is part of why we baby it in the beginning).

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #32
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Just recently got mine, and it was 7.5k off sticker. They’d had it since march and actually declined multiple offers from me for a bit more than i ended up paying in October lol.

I really wanted that new gray color, but it was not worth the 7.5k extra I’d pay, and i needed to take what they were giving me for the GT350 in a bad way!

Garnet red is beautiful, so it may be hard to say no to!
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #33
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
So paraphrasing,, their good people did a bunch of leg work to help you find what you were looking for...then you went and bought somewhere else and now you're blanket ranking them with the bottom dealerships across the Country in your opinion. Glad you're happy with your dealership as I live right near them and like them too, but the market changes and your deal isn't always going to be there for others.

BeckyD has done more work for others that don't even buy from her, you included, and you now come in and say something like this. Pretty low blow if you ask me. Her service is second to none.
I gave everyone an equal chance to give me there best price there's wasn't.. I guess that's how I should of stated it.

Nothing wrong with them and sometimes paying more is worth better service. But, saving the most so you can staying away from a 1000.00+ payment was the most important to me.. as far as service I live far away so they wasn't a question.

It's simple these cars usually have the same options so when your quoted a price its not rocket science to see which is the best price.

Sounds Harsh but its the truth... If I was looking for Car number 1 or 2 build or series change then they would be the one to go to.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #34
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
I ordered my ZL1 1LE and paid Invoice minus $4k (which included a $2k regional incentive and a $2k conquest incentive), plus tax.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #35
Hungry Hippo

Drives: Fast and Loud
This is my first American car, maybe I’m use to BMW dealers, but the salesman I’ve talked to at the Chevy dealers flat out suck. One salesman, saw I was looking at the ZL1 1LE came over and before even saying hello or how are you just asked me “can you do anything today?”. I said “no” and he just walked away. So I’m just going to order a 2019 from
BeckyD.
Hungry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #36
Gbrownzl1

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
This is my first American car, maybe I’m use to BMW dealers, but the salesman I’ve talked to at the Chevy dealers flat out suck. One salesman, saw I was looking at the ZL1 1LE came over and before even saying hello or how are you just asked me “can you do anything today?”. I said “no” and he just walked away. So I’m just going to order a 2019 from
BeckyD.
That's so sad the way he acted. Im in the market to and almost definitely will be buying out of state cause California dealers want way more for the cars.
Gbrownzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #37
angryBits

Quote:
BeckyD.
I buy a new car just about every year, whether it's for me or for my wife.
I believe my count is now over 40 cars in my life.

I've had my share of foreign and domestic from just about every (non-exotic) manufacturer.

One thing I can say with a fair amount of confidence is that there is no relationship between a dealership's personal skills and the brand they sell. It's truly just a matter of ownership.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, even Porsche -- All hit and miss. Some sales guys are complete douchebags and some seem honest. Some times you get treated like family, offered free food, a nice cozy area to lounge -- sometimes its dirty and cold and an empty coffee pot.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, same thing.

However my best buying experience to date was probably Abel Chevrolet where I bought my Z06. Not the snazziest place, but honest friendly people, low-pressure sales and no-bs finance.

My $0.02

EDIT: I should mention, sales guys are unimportant, they're just the guy you have to put up with while you test drive. Tell them what they want to hear. The real metric is the ongoing service. How do they treat you when you bring your car in? Do they give you a ride home and pick you up? Good communication? Will they look the other way when they discover mods?

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
Old 11-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #38
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I buy a new car just about every year, whether it's for me or for my wife.
I believe my count is now over 40 cars in my life.

I've had my share of foreign and domestic from just about every (non-exotic) manufacturer.

One thing I can say with a fair amount of confidence is that there is no relationship between a dealership's personal skills and the brand they sell. It's truly just a matter of ownership.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, even Porsche -- All hit and miss. Some sales guys are complete douchebags and some seem honest. Some times you get treated like family, offered free food, a nice cozy area to lounge -- sometimes its dirty and cold and an empty coffee pot.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, same thing.

However my best buying experience to date was probably Abel Chevrolet where I bought my Z06. Not the snazziest place, but honest friendly people, low-pressure sales and no-bs finance.

My $0.02

EDIT: I should mention, sales guys are unimportant, they're just the guy you have to put up with while you test drive. Tell them what they want to hear. The real metric is the ongoing service. How do they treat you when you bring your car in? Do they give you a ride home and pick you up? Good communication? Will they look the other way when they discover mods?
I have not bought 40 cars, but close to it. When I am completely ready and I am walking out the door with one, I wear the crappiest clothes and see which salesman approaches me. I bought my M3 in crummy tennis shoes, shorts and a T-shirt.

One time I walked in and said, "who hasn't sold a car today?" and no one even hardly looked at me. Someone called out to an older hispanic man and I drove out with a $30k truck and he had smile on his face and all the other ones were pissed.....haha.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #39
~Jb

Drives: 2018 ZLE
OP:

I just heard from my dealer again and they are now up to $8,700 off. Which would put the ZLE selling price at exactly $65,000. For now, they are stuck there with the ole' "best we can do" attitude, but seeing as there will likely be snow falling here again by the end of this week, I will probably make them sweat a bit.

That said, I'd pull the trigger at $64,000.
~Jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:37 AM   #40
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1
"who hasn't sold a car today?"
hahaha I like that, I might borrow that tactic for my next purchase

Old 11-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #41
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Unsure the story on this one, but appears to have only 6 miles on it for 62k

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3337/overview/
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #42
01cbr929

Drives: Which one?
Numbers game of course, but I believe I paid in the low 60's including a 2k conquest from a firebird in the garage.
01cbr929 is offline   Reply With Quote