Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
1le.matt

Drives: 19" 1LE 2.0T
Single Exhaust Extravaganza!

Hey everyone, was interested to see if anyone has experimented with going single exhaust on the 2.0T. In my never ending quest of pretending i have a "race car" i was thinking to myself that i could drop weight going single. Kinda bothers me that it splits at the back. Another thought was, is it tuned for dual just for the look? Could it be better single? Anyway, then this article pops up on my radar, https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...r-cylinder-ca/ , where these GM employees are running a single. The tuning to this car has been extensive thus outweighing the factory tune on the dual but i cannot shake the thought. Anyone out there try anything like this? Thanks!
1le.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I'm sure it has zero effect on actual performance gains. Slight weight savings probably wont do much either. I can tell you, it looks really strange.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #3
pumalex

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro
you can see ours in this thread, not on the car because it is in pieces right now but it can give you an idea

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584986
pumalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
clyde

Drives: broken
I had a buddy fab up a cat back single exhaust for my 2.0 based on an 18" Borla. Stock exhaust was 55 lbs and the Borla was 25 lbs. The car was used for competition in SCCA autocross.

Dropping weight is always good, but I also wanted to be able to hear it better in video recording our runs. With the stock setup, we couldn't hear any exhaust over windnoise and the Borla was loud enough.

In the car, the Borla is louder, but not too loud and I didn't have any droning issues.
Attached Images

clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:15 PM   #5
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
I just watched a motor trend tv show last night where they experimented with a ford 351 and shorty headers on the dyno, switching between 2.5 inch dual exhaust and a 3 inch single exhaust. They also switched between a baffle type muffler and straight thru performance type. Between all the set ups with the same engine on the same dyno, a single 3 inch exhaust with performance muffler produced the most horsepower, even more than a 2.5 inch dual exhaust with the same muffler. The area under the dyno curve was also interesting. The biggest gains of the 3 inch exhaust were at lower rpm which would be even more beneficial for a street set up.
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote