Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #85
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
To follow up I don't tune the static ve tables. There are there soley as a backup to the maf which is why your car won't die if your maf fails. In my experience they produce less power b/c they are a reference table and there no need to bother cause the ltg uses maf almost exclusivey except for the first 20 seconds of warmup while the sensor come to heat and when the air flow is too volitile. In any event its not while under any type of normal demand for power.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #86
BlacknRed1990

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0t A8
Well, apparently Jerry DID reply 2 days ago on the ticket with a new tune calibration that "should resolve it", I just didn't get an email notification like I normally do. Will give that a shot next I guess and will post here how that goes.
Current mods: GM performance catback exhaust - JMS PEDALMAX throttle controller - K&N Drop In Air Filter - ZZP Intake Tube - ZZP catted downpipe - ZZP Larger (67mm) throttle body - BNR recirculator valve - Mishimoto intercooler pipes - Mishimoto intercooler - PTP turbo blanket - ZZP flex fuel kit - ZZP big wheel turbo - RX billet stall converter

Flex fuel tuned by ZZP

Tires: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/20
Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II RunonFlat 245/50/18
BlacknRed1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #87
BlacknRed1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Curious to know. How are you seeing a lean condition. I am guessing the efi app? Are you looking at commanded lambda vs sensor, and/or trim tables? And what is the indication saying. Or is there some code? Part of tuning would be to calibrate the maf for the air flow. It's actually one of the most basic parts and to do it properly requires some temporary overrides to isolate out the things that can do affect fuel mix during the measurement run. Which you can do in your driveway, btw. The tuning school provides a separate dedicated how-to on this. I've seen vids of guys taking a journey to fill the maf error table you just don't need to do that. Some of the ancient info to ignore.
I'm not 100% sure that I'm running lean, only that the symptoms I was having were those of a car that's running lean. (Pops in the exhaust and hesitation when accelerating as well as a misfire)
Current mods: GM performance catback exhaust - JMS PEDALMAX throttle controller - K&N Drop In Air Filter - ZZP Intake Tube - ZZP catted downpipe - ZZP Larger (67mm) throttle body - BNR recirculator valve - Mishimoto intercooler pipes - Mishimoto intercooler - PTP turbo blanket - ZZP flex fuel kit - ZZP big wheel turbo - RX billet stall converter

Flex fuel tuned by ZZP

Old 09-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #88
BlacknRed1990

Suppose I should end this thread with....DO NOT GO BNR! Dangerously aggressive tune and incredibly slow service. I have since switched to ZZP and so far have been MUCH more satisfied with their service. I am still getting the exhaust pops and hesitation but it's not running any worse than it was prior to ZZP tune.

I've already done a couple scans and sent to Matt @ ZZP and the only odd thing he's noticed is my ECM voltage drops by ~3 after 10-15 minutes of driving; not sure if that could be related at all to my current issues. Only electrical issue I've noticed is my dash cam started shutting off after 5-10 minutes of driving a few weeks ago. Had my battery tested and it's fine, possibly alternator issue?

Other than that I've made some new discoveries trying to diagnose my main issue; it seems more related to how hot the engine is rather than how fast I'm going. It only does it when there's a sudden spike in fuel demand AKA punching it, if I slowly ease in to WOT it's fine.

I've tried seafoam recently and will be trying Gumout for GDI engines next for the hell of it. My usual dealership refuses to look at it unless there's DTC's (there are none) so I'll try a different dealership if this Gumout doesn't work.

Flex fuel tuned by ZZP

Old 09-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #89
wookwook

Good news, and I am glad ZZP was able to sort you a little further. The voltage drop may explain the pops, it may be quasi tied in and messing with with DFCO causing pops and/or delayed spark by means of weak spark, as the root source, yeah the computer is that smart(?), a stretch but possible. Maybe some ideas for the batt. drain will pop up somewhere. There is a reason ZZP logged it it and there has to be something there. It might be a good idea to look around for a local garage to do a diag.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 09-03-2020, 09:52 PM   #90
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
wishing ppl would just go with with hp tuners. so its twice the $outlay but you could have people looking on to help TS. for this amount aggravation you can save a lot of headaches. a base tune just isn't all that special of a secret, you can simply buy a great canned tune and see what is going on for your self. shops can stick to more advance setups like fuel mods and still make their money doing shop level stuff.

I will get blow back, but open source simply works.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I got your back in this one Wookwook HPTuners or Bust.

Agree 100%. Even if you don’t tune your car yourself, you’ll start to understand why your tuner did what he did. If something is not right, you can fix that too, not to mention make other basic changes that dragging in your tuner would be overkill for (tire size, cooling fan temps, shift points, etc). There is just no downside to owning HP Tuners and having control of your situation.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #91
BlacknRed1990

Just a late final update regarding my misfire issues...IT WAS THE IGNITION COILS! I don't know if it was 1 of them, some of them, or all of them but after I replaced them with the MSD blaster coils the misfires are nonexistent and she runs like a dream now. I had a list of parts I was gonna "Upgrade" to fix the issue and the coils were first, thankfully that's what fixed it because after that I was gonna do the fuel pump, injectors, cams. If none of those fixed it then I truly would have been stumped.

Flex fuel tuned by ZZP

Old 12-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #92
wookwook

Good work and taking your time to logically thinking it through.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106