Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #337
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
I am going to go ahead and assume the plant runs a production week for all zl1's for Canada once they have the correct allotment.

So lets say the plant can build 2 cars a day for the week, they wait until all 10 slots for the week are filled before running production.

Maybe they had full intentions of running the build weeks for some of you guys earlier, but didn't fill all the slots so they pushed it back.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that my car was declined due to colour choices and I had to re-pick a different colour. Perhaps that happened to a few people they had to wait to clear up those orders and now they are trying to slot them in again.

Unfortunately for you guys maybe that dropped off the slots filled for the week and the plant did not deem it worth to switch over production from US spec to Canadian spec for the week intended?

The whole process is shit I know, but these are niche halo cars that not many people outside of us (and a few not on this forum likely) are buying, Chevrolet is a business and they have to make money, so at the end of the day they are going to do what they can to make the ones they do sell profitable, they don't care you have to wait 2-3 more weeks for your car so they can save 500 bucks, as far as they are concerned we are lucky we can even buy these cars.

Just my thoughts, no real world experience here so I could be way off base.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #338
Rommel

Drives: 19 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
It actually pains me to say that as I’ve been a devoted GM guy all my life.
All my life.
I get a chance to make a dream come true and order this car and feel like I’ve been left in the dark. The dealer was great with me but they know nothing.
I hope this doesn’t turn out like the experience my old next door neighbor had.
He was able to order a brand new Chevy truck. Turned out to be a terrible experience and the truck was a lemon. He sold it out east with 2 years of owning it. And he’s a diehard GM guy. But that soured him.
Can’t blame him.
Funny you speak of that buddy...
Ive had old timers mention to me .....can you go to the factory and see it coming out? They say in their day one could do that...
Im like not a chance they dont even know when thsy are building it.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #339
Sibze

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
My wife worked inside a car plant. A US car, Canadian car and a Mexican car all come down the line at the same time.

They don't make a certain run or destination cars at once.

A Mexican Rav4 would come down the line and have no airbags lol
Sibze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #340
Rommel

I was wondering if they all came down at once or separate the runs. Interesting
Old 04-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #341
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
I am going to go ahead and assume the plant runs a production week for all zl1's for Canada once they have the correct allotment.

So lets say the plant can build 2 cars a day for the week, they wait until all 10 slots for the week are filled before running production.

Maybe they had full intentions of running the build weeks for some of you guys earlier, but didn't fill all the slots so they pushed it back.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that my car was declined due to colour choices and I had to re-pick a different colour. Perhaps that happened to a few people they had to wait to clear up those orders and now they are trying to slot them in again.

Unfortunately for you guys maybe that dropped off the slots filled for the week and the plant did not deem it worth to switch over production from US spec to Canadian spec for the week intended?

The whole process is shit I know, but these are niche halo cars that not many people outside of us (and a few not on this forum likely) are buying, Chevrolet is a business and they have to make money, so at the end of the day they are going to do what they can to make the ones they do sell profitable, they don't care you have to wait 2-3 more weeks for your car so they can save 500 bucks, as far as they are concerned we are lucky we can even buy these cars.

Just my thoughts, no real world experience here so I could be way off base.
Having worked in a car plant where there were niche vehicles (Ford Lightning)
You may have a very valid point.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #342
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
They’re either way behind trying to produce all models of Camaros or there is a backorder on some form of ZL1 or 1LE specific parts causing delays. Once it’s built I was told 2 weeks till she’s in my hands, I’m about to C-Section this bitch out of GMs womb
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #343
Rommel

Hell ya lol
Old 04-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #344
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
My wife worked inside a car plant. A US car, Canadian car and a Mexican car all come down the line at the same time.

They don't make a certain run or destination cars at once.

A Mexican Rav4 would come down the line and have no airbags lol
Lol I hope mine comes with airbags haha.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #345
Michael52

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1, 1977 Yellow 308GTB
I doubt very much it has to do with filling production slots. The total allocation for Canada is given to the selected dealers up front and judging by the waiting lists at dealerships, the allocations for Canada are most definitely sold.I don't see why GM would be waiting to fill production slots when they know how many cars they are making for Canada and that they are almost certainly all sold well in advance. i have no clue what the problem is on GM's end, but as for the dealers , be careful who you trust.
Michael52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #346
Moniker

Drives: ZL1
FWIW. I’m in the Ottawa area. I looked at a used 2018 ZL1 at a local dealer. I decided against that car and asked about ordering a 2019 they said it was too much trouble and that the customer gets mad at the dealer but they have no control over when they actually get the car. Apparently they ordered the 2018 new for the customer with a March build date. They didn’t get the car until mid June and the customer was mad at them so they declined a 2019 allocation. A local dealer and a couple of very large dealers in Toronto told me in Nov/Dec 18 they could order a new ZL1 for me but that the car wouldn’t arrive until June or maybe even later. I’m sure you’ll receive your cars.
Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #347
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael52 View Post
I doubt very much it has to do with filling production slots. The total allocation for Canada is given to the selected dealers up front and judging by the waiting lists at dealerships, the allocations for Canada are most definitely sold.I don't see why GM would be waiting to fill production slots when they know how many cars they are making for Canada and that they are almost certainly all sold well in advance. i have no clue what the problem is on GM's end, but as for the dealers , be careful who you trust.
My dealer has one Allocation left for a ZL1. I gobbled up the 1LE.
My dealer did not know if they could get one. They really didn’t seem to know what the car was.
I’m pretty positive there are a lot of dealers that don’t know they may have Allocation for cars like these. Or can get Allocation.
I know it sounds weird but.
There is another member here who was lied to by his original dealer as the dealer had NO Allocation .
He put an ad on Kijiji and another dealer replied. This member now has an order in for a ZL1 1LE
Old 04-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #348
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

So if you guys know anyone looking to by a ZL1 my dealer still has one Allocation 👍
Old 04-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #349
Sibze

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
For us in Ontario, see the news that it looks like Ontario is cutting the front license plate. We should know more in the budget on April 11!!

I wasnt going to run one anyway but it's nice to be legal rather than illegal lol
Sibze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #350
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
For us in Ontario, see the news that it looks like Ontario is cutting the front license plate. We should know more in the budget on April 11!!

I wasnt going to run one anyway but it's nice to be legal rather than illegal lol

That would be awesome