Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #170
Rommel

Drives: 19 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
For some of us
Yes indeed lol

Maybe they will finish off the canadian production run with this build coming up. So soon for the rest of yous....
They built some canadian cars late last fall so...... maybe this will be the rest of the Canadian run production for the 2019s. The Americans are getting ready to order their 2020's.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #171
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Yes indeed lol

Maybe they will finish off the canadian production run with this build coming up. So soon for the rest of yous....
They built some canadian cars late last fall so...... maybe this will be the rest of the Canadian run production for the 2019s. The Americans are getting ready to order their 2020's.
Well the 2020 isn’t even listed on the American site so can’t be too close when you don’t know the changes / options you can pick lol
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #172
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Well folks. It’s been an interesting few weeks.

A little background: So I have had a down payment and order in for a 1LE with my local dealership since last April. I was assured last year that I am first on the list and I will definitely be getting one this year.

So then I see all you guys getting your TPW notices etc so I call my guy up and am told that, yes, I am still first on the list. I tell him about when you folks are saying, and how the allotments were sent out last fall to the dealers and if he had an allotment he would have known by now. This came as a surprise to him.

So here we are, it’s springtime and I’m looking at waiting another year for a car. so i start making some calls and checking around and even put up a Kijiji add looking for one. So i get a late evening reply last Saturday evening telling me that a gentleman walked away from his order and it’s up for grabs if I want it....

So the good, if not great news is that we still managed to change the colour for the order from red to blue, and add on some of my extras I want on the car. He says that production should be right in line what what everyone here is saying..

So now we wait....And the moral of the story is.....sometimes the internet is helpful. So thanks to all you guys on here sharing your info and helping out.
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #173
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post

A little background: So I have had a down payment and order in for a 1LE with my local dealership since last April. I was assured last year that I am first on the list and I will definitely be getting one this year.

So then I see all you guys getting your TPW notices etc so I call my guy up and am told that, yes, I am still first on the list. I tell him about when you folks are saying, and how the allotments were sent out last fall to the dealers and if he had an allotment he would have known by now. This came as a surprise to him.

So here we are, it’s springtime and I’m looking at waiting another year for a car. so i start making some calls and checking around and even put up a Kijiji add looking for one. So i get a late evening reply last Saturday evening telling me that a gentleman walked away from his order and it’s up for grabs if I want it....

So the good, if not great news is that we still managed to change the colour for the order from red to blue, and add on some of my extras I want on the car. He says that production should be right in line what what everyone here is saying..

So now we wait....And the moral of the story is.....sometimes the internet is helpful. So thanks to all you guys on here sharing your info and helping out.
That's great news buddy.... without the sh&t at start.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #174
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Awesome brother. Great news!!!
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #175
Sibze

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Still waiting on a production date for mine. I'm assuming now, best case is the very end of April but how long this is taking I'm just hoping May...
Sibze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #176
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
I was just told today by my dealership (and this is for western canada mind you) that in the past the earliest production week they saw was March 25 ish

Was also told that their zl1 1le landed 3rd week of May last year.

So to expect around the same but my status is still 1100
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #177
Sibze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
I was just told today by my dealership (and this is for western canada mind you) that in the past the earliest production week they saw was March 25 ish

Was also told that their zl1 1le landed 3rd week of May last year.

So to expect around the same but my status is still 1100
I've heard this too as the dont like shipping them in cold weather BUT there are people in here with TPD's so... not sure what to think...

Also, my dealer has two allocations, the first one, a convertible has a TPD
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #178
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
I've heard this too as the dont like shipping them in cold weather BUT there are people in here with TPD's so... not sure what to think...

Also, my dealer has two allocations, the first one, a convertible has a TPD
He said Eastern Canada was going in first so I would assume you will get something soon.

Realistically roads wont be clean here for 4-6 more weeks so I can wait.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #179
Sibze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
He said Eastern Canada was going in first so I would assume you will get something soon.

Realistically roads wont be clean here for 4-6 more weeks so I can wait.
It's true for sure about the roads..

The waiting just sucks and with some of the horror stories in here it cant help but make you nervous
Old 03-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #180
Michael52

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1, 1977 Yellow 308GTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post

Exactly what I have been saying since last year. Force the dealer to show you he has allotment, otherwise he's just holding your deposit and you sit and wait for a car that will never arrive. Good on you for taking action and I hope you get your car this spring. We get very few of these cars in Canada so ask a lot of questions and ask for proof.
Michael52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #181
Rommel

Going to be burning some rubber soon.
Boil em lol
Old 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #182
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
The one constant that I have been hearing from folks buying this car up here is that “WE” seem to know more about the car, the car allotments, and ordering process etc. than most of the dealers.

This isn’t just a car, or even muscle car...this is something closer to a once in a lifetime purchase by car enthusiasts who have spend more than just a littletime researching this thing before coming anywhere close to a dealership. Most of the dealers seem to think this is just a Camaro that u oder...”case closed what’s the problem”.

I will admit ignorance on my part when I started this and it almost cost me another year of waiting. But so be it...

As for now, my guy has been tremendous and forthright with info and seems to be on my side and “gets it”. We had a little chuckle when he told me somebody in the office wanted me to sign some sort of document stating I would not sell this thing out of country to try and turn a profit. We just ignored it and had a little laugh.
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote