Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
dlct3

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Fire Extinguisher Install -Thoughts? Pics attached

So talk about last minute...just found out earlier today I needed a BC rated 2.5lb min fire extinguisher be mounted within reach on quick release. I'm headed to an event that requires later this week with no other time to tackle, order a better quality mount, etc. So thought I'd share where I mounted and hard ware used. I'd considered "The Bracketeer", but my issue is that the seat won't slide up enough once installed with kids, always using the backseat, etc it was going to be an issue and of course no time to order and get it in.

I tried O'Reilly's, but ended up at AutoZone with this model as it came with a metal mounting bracket and nice strap that wasn't cheap plastic. For mounting I used 1/8" x 1 1/4" wide aluminum to go between the rear passenger seat mounting bolts and 1/8" x 1" to go back and locate the bracket next to the "heel" area of the rear seat foot well. With the passenger seat slid up about up 4-6" I can safely reach. With a passenger riding and seat slid all the way back it wouldn't.

So share your thoughts, feedback, and what other areas I'm missing to mount without permanent damage to the interior once I have more time. Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by dlct3; 05-27-2018 at 11:27 PM.
dlct3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Seems like a good solution
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:11 AM   #3
Larrio Andretti

Drives: Really Fast
Pretty slick!
Larrio Andretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Michael52

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1, 1977 Yellow 308GTB
As long as it's accessible , great solution. In my 308, it,s attached to the front of the seat. Not intrusive for passenger and may be more accessible.
Michael52 is offline   Reply With Quote