Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I did mod the dash bar. I cut off a bunch of brackets that held stuff I removed, also the top portion going to windshield to support hvac module/heatercore, and the painted it all black since it was bare so it doesnt rust. I also modified it around the gauge cluster since the dash held the cluster. I welded some tabs drilled and bow cluster screwed to ip bar directly (those two black screws at bottom). Dang man you took me down memory lane, my little guy was 3 when we cut up the front beam in pictures he turned seven last October!!! Man, going on 8 years with my 1LE and she ages like fine wine. Everytime I walk in the garage seeing my cars just makes me drool.... that 1LE is just mmmmmmm.... cAnt wait for 3350ish lbs. fYI I have a braille 21, 3 years now zero issues. On trickle whenever not in use. i am sure my gut job helps with the draw lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Mgizzle; 01-27-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #30
MaverickLS7

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I would like to go half cage in the rear but not sure I’m ready for that just yet. I would eventually like to hand the car down to my granddaughter in about 13 years provided it makes it that far.
A pre-made 4pt roll bar bolt-in or weld-in would suffice (drag type for drag) (road course type "diagonal bar" for road course), but I would use it just for that "a roll over bar". I would use all factory safety equipment "factory seat, airbags, and seat belts". Unless you plan on using a solid back racing seat then the roll bar will be used with a harness. If using factory seats etc, then no harness etc, that would lead to death. Also I would stay away from just a "harness bar" the one that just runs across holding just the harness straps.

I almost decided on keeping interior and just going with a roll bar setup, seat and harness. But I plan on having a hardcore lifestyle with this car so my safety equipment plan changed to the extreme.
MaverickLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #31
MaverickLS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I did mod the dash bar. I cut off a bunch of brackets that held stuff I removed, also the top portion going to windshield to support hvac module/heatercore, and the painted it all black since it was bare so it doesnt rust. I also modified it around the gauge cluster since the dash held the cluster. I welded aome tabs drilled and bow cluster screwed to ip bar directly.
Hell yeah that's awesome! Why aren't we friends. Did you keep the TC button to switch between modes? See man if ya had a build thread I wouldn't have all these questions lol.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #32
Mgizzle

Lol... dude you have no idea the stuff I tried its scattered all over forum last 8 years. I went all out on brakes last year but z/28 CCbs are mega man. I had the TC button but upgraded to z/28 EBCM so that killed the button. Now all i have is abs which is fine all I need. The z/28 module was to fix abs with CCM brakes and now I have full race brembos all around which are also way higher torque. So TC button is leaving lol useless.

Proven wicked steering adapter and aftermarket wheel too man. Proven wicked is awesome, bad ass part and instant support. Still have a horn too.0
Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #33
MaverickLS7

Quote:
Lol... dude you have no idea the stuff I tried its scattered all over forum last 8 years. I went all out on brakes last year but z/28 CCbs are mega man. I had the TC button but upgraded to z/28 EBCM so that killed the button. Now all i have is abs which is fine all I need. The z/28 module was to fix abs with CCM brakes and now I have full race brembos all around which are also way higher torque. So TC button is leaving lol useless.

Proven wicked steering adapter and aftermarket wheel too man. Proven wicked is awesome, bad ass part and instant support. Still have a horn too.0
I bet they're bad ass! I've been thinking on the CC brakes heavy lately, but I have to get everything else done before I get any more goodies like that.

Nice, which wheel? I have the quick release NRG adapter with Sparco wheel. I'd post pics of what's going on but they show up blurry with photbucket logo.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #34
Mgizzle

I have a sabelt wheel, sabelt seat. Sabelt belts. Kept it one theme plus their seat met all I wanted. Sw-490 350mm wheel. Seats are GT200 (actually only one seat after a passenger decided to decorate it with his insides about 2yrs ago).
Old 01-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #35
MaverickLS7

Updated*

Quote:
I have a sabelt wheel, sabelt seat. Sabelt belts. Kept it one theme plus their seat met all I wanted. Sw-490 350mm wheel. Seats are GT200 (actually only one seat after a passenger decided to decorate it with his insides about 2yrs ago).
Nice, I feel ya about the theme. Mine is all Sparco. HA clean up fee!
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 PM   #36
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Quote:

Do you have the part number for the Z28 EBCM?

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:46 PM   #37
MaverickLS7

Updated*
Old 01-31-2020, 09:07 PM   #38
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Damn those recaros are heavy, wonder what the weight of the leather 2ss seats weigh lol the corbeau F1x pros weigh I think 17lbs each without sliders
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #39
MaverickLS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
Damn those recaros are heavy, wonder what the weight of the leather 2ss seats weigh lol the corbeau F1x pros weigh I think 17lbs each without sliders
Yeah no joke, I believe the 2SS seats weight 54lbs each.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #40
Mgizzle

Forgot to mention, all you need is the ECU of the brake module not the full hydraulic unit. I this way you dont have to break into lines either since hydraulics are totally the same. I have to go dig for PN but here, you can see PN on the top Of the ECU (its either the first eight or last 8 digits):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Z28-Ca...ry!48085!US!-1

Last edited by Mgizzle; 02-01-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #41
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What do the COPO engine mounts look like? An where did you get them???

Went to their site an the parts don’t have very good descriptions an I found what looks to be a rear seat delete but just says trim panels.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.

Last edited by olblue75; 02-04-2020 at 12:21 PM.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #42
MaverickLS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
What do the COPO engine mounts look like? An where did you get them???

Went to their site an the parts don’t have very good descriptions an I found what looks to be a rear seat delete but just says trim panels.
Actual COPO build center in MI. I can’t post pics.