Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Ben69

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Personally Insulted by Salesmans text at Munday Chevrolet

Ive had my camaro for over 3 years now, being that I liked how Chevy built their vehicles I decided to buy a Silverado about a month ago. First of all, salesman asked me for a deposit to get me the exact vehicle I wanted and since I wanted to fender flares on the truck I asked him to throw them in as part of the sale. He said to sign a paper saying I would buy the truck as described and all I would have to put is 200 dllrs out of pocket and that the dealership would cover the rest. When I came back for the truck, yes it was as described but he said he couldnt honor his word because they were going to be more expensive that he initially thought. I decided to buy the truck anyways being that I wasnt going to let a small factor inbetween the vehicle and I. I also purchased the Lojack system which up to this point has not been installed who knows for what reason. This was a 1500 dllr option that they said would be on the truck no later than a week from closing. I gave them an honest review when asked on how I was treated and honestly I feel like they hustled me out of those 1500 dllrs because no one has even contacted me about the installation and I have been calling almost on a daily basis to see whats going on.

This morning he sent a very insulting text message to my father(he signed for the truck) in spanish basically saying we Screwed him over and that we were pendejos. In spanish that is a fowl word used to describe a less than intelligent person in a very insulting way.

I left a voicemail to his manager to call me back to explain the situation. I have his cell, txt, and he even sent me a picture of his report of survey.

What can I do, I was quite offended by his reaction. He works for Chevrolet. and they should know what kind of employees they hire.
THank you for hearing me out.

2015 Chevy Silverado Midnight Ed. 6.2 1500 LTZ Z71

Last edited by Ben69; 07-15-2015 at 03:38 PM. Reason: edited title
Ben69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Just to be clear, he does not work for Chevrolet.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben69 View Post
What can I do, I was quite offended by his reaction. He works for Chevrolet. and they should know what kind of employees they hire.

No, he works for the dealership, not General Motors or Chevrolet...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Contact Chevy. Dealerships are rated and if they have too many complaints, Chevy will limit their inventory. Meaning they will have less inventory to sell, therefore, not making as much money. Look for some sort of contact or complaint department directly to Chevrolet.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
Cam_Cam

Also, go to the dealership and speak with someone in person. Demand to see a manager. Dealership managers rarely call people back unless it's going to result in a sale.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Ive had my camaro for over 3 years now, being that I liked how Chevy built their vehicles I decided to buy a Silverado about a month ago. First of all, salesman asked me for a deposit to get me the exact vehicle I wanted and since I wanted to fender flares on the truck I asked him to throw them in as part of the sale. He said to sign a paper saying I would buy the truck as described and all I would have to put is 200 dllrs out of pocket and that the dealership would cover the rest. When I came back for the truck, yes it was as described but he said he couldnt honor his word because they were going to be more expensive that he initially thought. I decided to buy the truck anyways being that I wasnt going to let a small factor inbetween the vehicle and I. I also purchased the Lojack system which up to this point has not been installed who knows for what reason. This was a 1500 dllr option that they said would be on the truck no later than a week from closing. I gave them an honest review when asked on how I was treated and honestly I feel like they hustled me out of those 1500 dllrs because no one has even contacted me about the installation and I have been calling almost on a daily basis to see whats going on.

This morning he sent a very insulting text message to my father(he signed for the truck) in spanish basically saying we Screwed him over and that we were pendejos. In spanish that is a fowl word used to describe a less than intelligent person in a very insulting way.

I left a voicemail to his manager to call me back to explain the situation. I have his cell, txt, and he even sent me a picture of his report of survey.

It sounds like you have already taken ownership of the truck? If so, that was your 1st mistake. If there are issues not resolved, you should have told them that you would walk because they did not meet their end of the agreement. Now that you have already taken the vehicle, it will be a little tougher to get it accomplished. If it was in the purchase agreement to have that installed, ask to see the Manager, and if you get nowhere there, ask to see the owner.
Your going to have to push them.. I bought a used 2006 Monte Carlo from a dealership, and when I was looking through it and asking questions, I asked the salesman (who was new to the game), if it had XM installed. He flipped through a few buttons, and said "Yes, it is". I made sure he wrong that on the sales agreement. Once I took ownership, I went to them and told them that they had to install XM because it was not available, and their salesman said it was. Long story short, they got it installed on their dime to do it.

I had to push people real hard, but an agreement is an agreement, and if it is in writing, then there can be no mistake.

Oh, and save the text message, as that may be used as a bargaining chip during the process....

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 07-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
Ben69

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Honestly the fender flares I dont care about. I knew once I took the truck they were long gone, my issue here is the insulting text to my father. What kind of salesman insults a customer after he just sold him a 47k truck.

2015 Chevy Silverado Midnight Ed. 6.2 1500 LTZ Z71
Ben69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #8
Cam_Cam

Quote:
Honestly the fender flares I dont care about. I knew once I took the truck they were long gone, my issue here is the insulting text to my father. What kind of salesman insults a customer after he just sold him a 47k truck.
The kind that already has his commission from your bank account....
Old 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #9
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Sounds like your salesman is a big, fat pendejo.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Ask to talk to the Sales Manager or the owner of the dealer. Show them the insulting text messages. He will be terminated (if it's a stand-up dealer).

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #11
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
If you are replying about my comment, I was talking about the LoJack that has not been installed... That is where I would be venting my frustration... And also use the text as another bargaining chip...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 07-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
When I bought my Camaro, following the sale, my salesman asked me to make sure I gave him an excellent review. He told me his commission percentage was determined by how I responded to the survey.

Hopefully, your honest remarks have killed this guy's commission on your purchase. It doesn't sound like he deserves one. By not installing your lojack, technically, they've broken your contract. You can start off by telling them you want a full refund and to return the truck. That'll get them hopping..
Old 07-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #13
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
What dealership is this? Give us the name
Old 07-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #14
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I would contact the dealer before GM or Chevrolet. In fact I would have contacted them before the poor survey. I still think they will take care of you.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote