Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #155
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
they were pintos. dont get so mad.
im not bad in the least bit. Why are you mad that the mustang shared platforms and was succesful in those dreadful years and has continued its incredible run? Why do you feel the need to negate its success?
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #156
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Quite frankly, it's because it's nobody's business what I drive. I've owned three different vehicles since I signed up on this forum and nothing has changed in what I post, has it?

Here's the thing. If I were to post up that I drive a Chrysler, then some portion of the members would assume I was some Mopar fan only here to stir things up. Likewise if I were to say my ride was a Mustang or a BMW. What I currently drive gas no bearing at all on the opinions and/ or facts I post. I am "car" person and do not have allegiance to any particular manufacturer. I've owned various GM, Chrysler and Ford products, including Camaro's and Mustang's. Growing up, my family and friends were big Mopar fans, but never once did I feel pushed into buying only Chrysler products or belittled if I did not. (Ribbed from time to time, sure, but all in fun.)

What purpose would it serve for me to tell you what my current car of choice is?
That's the answer I was expecting from you, Just BS excuses. What you drive DOES have a bearing on your opinion BECAUSE its your opinion that bought the vehicle and thus represents to some degree what you believe in. People do judge you on vehicles, But just to clue you in on something, THIS IS A CAMARO FORUM, people appreciate other people MORE that have the same vehicle from the same manufacturer.

We are all here to seek approval and validation in certain regards. It's very noble on your part that you choose not to follow the pattern but your going to catch heck for it too. Fbodfather himself stated that he was weary of those people on this forum who did not list their vehicles and where they lived and it makes perfect sense.

You fit the mold of those weary people, that's why you get crap about it. I've seen others get on you about being a troll too because of that because they do not know where you stand. So I say yes, It is important to list your vehicle to let others know what you drive and what part of the country you live in. If you don't you got something to hide, thus you lose a little thing called credibility. Comprendez?

And 3 cars in three years? that's rough but you should always list your current one. Look at mine see, I'm not afraid to post what I got, And nobody has said boo about it, ya know why? Nobody's ever accused me of trolling (at least not yet)

OOOOhh, ok, I just caught something in your post...you do not have allegiance to any manufacturer, aaahhhh, there lies your problem, you don't know which side of the fence you belong on.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-24-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #157
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMAN! View Post
I would say it is definitely on par in the quarter mile.
Not with the 11.9 pass that currently is the record. That would put the ZL1 at #33 on the stock C6 Z06 fast list on CF. Also the 11.9 pass is surrounded by controversy. If it was done on drag radials it would be tied for last on the non-stock tire fast list.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #158
BOOSTEDV6

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Not with the 11.9 pass that currently is the record. That would put the ZL1 at #33 on the stock C6 Z06 fast list on CF. Also the 11.9 pass is surrounded by controversy. If it was done on drag radials it would be tied for last on the non-stock tire fast list.
He didn't say the ZL1 was on par with the Z06. He was referring to the new Shelby. You may want to read through posts a little more thoroughly before blindly replying.
BOOSTEDV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #159
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Quote:
I thought we were talking about the Shelby?.
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #160
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
That's the answer I was expecting from you, Just BS excuses. What you drive DOES have a bearing on your opinion BECAUSE its your opinion that bought the vehicle and thus represents to some degree what you believe in. People do judge you on vehicles, But just to clue you in on something, THIS IS A CAMARO FORUM, people appreciate other people MORE that have the same vehicle from the same manufacturer.

We are all here to seek approval and validation in certain regards. It's very noble on your part that you choose not to follow the pattern but your going to catch heck for it too. Fbodfather himself stated that he was weary of those people on this forum who did not list their vehicles and where they lived and it makes perfect sense.

You fit the mold of those weary people, that's why you get crap about it. I've seen others get on you about being a troll too because of that because they do not know where you stand. So I say yes, It is important to list your vehicle to let others know what you drive and what part of the country you live in. If you don't you got something to hide, thus you lose a little thing called credibility. Comprendez?

And 3 cars in three years? that's rough but you should always list your current one. Look at mine see, I'm not afraid to post what I got, And nobody has said boo about it, ya know why? Nobody's ever accused me of trolling (at least not yet)

OOOOhh, ok, I just caught something in your post...you do not have allegiance to any manufacturer, aaahhhh, there lies your problem, you don't know which side of the fence you belong on.
I know your post wasn't directed to me ,but I have to ask.
Which car out of my 20 some cars should I list that will make people want to communicate with me? I own all three US makes young and old ,and frankly I don't think it would matter which one of them I post as driving.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #161
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
My bad, I got lost. I still believe it won't be on par with the Z06. It will still be a few tenths behind in a straight line. The Z06 has proven to be a beats on the strip. I could see low 11's out of the GT500 on a tires, Z06 has done 10.70's.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #162
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Quote:
My bad, I got lost. I still believe it won't be on par with the Z06. It will still be a few tenths behind in a straight line. The Z06 has proven to be a beats on the strip. I could see low 11's out of the GT500 on a tires, Z06 has done 10.70's.
I honestly don't pay that much attention to there times. What is the average on stock tires?
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #163
Paco
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet's, Ford's and one Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
True, Its certainly not a direct competitor for a vette. The GT500 is made to be "king" of muscle cars. The vette is made to be America's "super car". Two totally different things. despite numbers.
Exactly my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #164
JimmyDeanSausage
Banned

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
GM offers a better power train warranty than Ford does.

ZL1 5yr/100k miles
GT500 5yr/60k miles
How many people are driving their ZL1 20,000 miles a year?

Quote:
And GM covers track days.
The Z06 guys thought that as well, and I believe they've been proven to be mistaken. The proof is in the pudding, but we haven't seen that pudding yet, and all a dealer has to do is say "you abused it on a track day" and you're left with the option of either paying for it yourself or taking them to court.
JimmyDeanSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #165
JimmyDeanSausage
Banned

Quote:
What tires? If you're talking DRs I'd say you're right about the GT500, if you're talking slicks or ET Streets, it'll almost certainly be faster than low 11s.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #166
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeanSausage View Post
How many people are driving their ZL1 20,000 miles a year?

How many are going to drive their GT500s 200 MPH? And we have drivers putting more miles than that on a year.

The Z06 guys thought that as well, and I believe they've been proven to be mistaken. The proof is in the pudding, but we haven't seen that pudding yet, and all a dealer has to do is say "you abused it on a track day" and you're left with the option of either paying for it yourself or taking them to court.
You should visit a few more areas of the site. We've had drivers covered that had mechanical issues on track days. Absolutely!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #167
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
What's up with GM?

I will tell you, they are trying to MAKE MONEY, not produce niche cars that will only sell a few units.

Lets just wait and see how many GT500s and ZL1s are sold in the next few years as gas prices rise and CAFE standards start getting tougher and tougher to comply with.

Are you really that unhappy with a 580HP car with 100,000 mile warranty?
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #168
JimmyDeanSausage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
You should visit a few more areas of the site. We've had drivers covered that had mechanical issues on track days. Absolutely!
Lol, which ZL1 already has 20,000 miles on it?

Every car HAS had mechanical track day issues covered on it, it depends on the issue and the dealership. The question is if it will always be covered (it won't) or if it'll be covered more frequently than the competition (who knows, but I wouldn't count on it).