Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Nightowl can create a white light but you have to fine tune it on the color wheel
It's nearly impossible to get a perfect white for most controllers, and this eliminates any confusion for cops. My sister got a ticket for her halos being too blue on her charger.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Are the RGBW kits from gen5diy out yet? I can't find them on their site.
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I am very good friends with Joe (owner/creator of NightOwl) and my car was one of his beta testing cars. I have become very familiar with his kit and everything behind the scenes. Joe is extremely passionate about his kits and yes while everything in life is about turning a profit, Joe is more focused on delivering a exceptionally high quality product that is the best on the market. I can without a doubt say that this is true. The level of customer service you get with Joe is bar none and he is always there if you have an issue. If you shoot him an email, I guarantee you'll have an email back within an hour.

Like the saying always goes, "If you're gonna do something right, do it right the first time." Well this definitely applies here in that buy his kit from the start and never look back. Your options will be endless as you can expand on this kit and control multiple lighting options.

It would be a waste of money to buy someone else's kit just to know you are going to upgrade to the NightOwl later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePhantomSS View Post
ok so if i buy the gen5 kit first and want to upgrade to the nightowl everything will still be a go? ive been following nightowl posts and they been working on the android app for months. im a really big android person and dont want anything to do with apple
What a lot of people have done with this issue is they buy an old/used iPod touch that can be upgraded to at least iOS 6 (I think you can get one for around $75 bucks) and use that until the android app releases. Once it releases you can then resell the iPod touch and recoup a lot if not all of your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
Can the RGB LEDs in the halo kit from Night Owl not create white light?
Absolutely they can! I just tried to take a picture with my iPad but the light was too over powering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Nightowl can create a white light but you have to fine tune it on the color wheel
Yes you can do that and once you have your white selected you can go into settings and mess around with the "color correction" setting to fine tune each LED to produce the best white that looks exactly the same in each individual halo!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Hello everyone, this is a really good thread already and I'd like to stay out of the way and let end-users discuss the benefits of each system. We were camaro owners first, and purchased some of these systems ourselves first, and it left us wanting much more control. We manufacture all of our own products which is one thing that sets us apart. We have a premium product, and un-matched functionality. Purchasing one or more products that you are not happy with will cost more in the end.

We thought about doing an rgbw solution, but the benefit for the additional cost would not be worth it. The last I spoke with Ofer, he wasn't going to pursue it further, but I don't know if that had changed. With our system, you have extremely fine control over white. I use white as my main color. If it wasn't a perfect white, I'd be looking for something better. I am a perfectionist, and perfect white is important. I just recently switched my DRLs from 6000K to 5000K and I was able to change them to match both. We have both a color wheel as well as RGB sliders with super-fine control.

Our halo kit is more expensive than the other systems. We are here to offer the best system. Our halo kit is a great starting point, but after you have that, adding on additional modules that work with the system is much less expensive since you only need the one master module.

We're here to answer any questions that you may have, but we also know the values of opinions of other owners. We'll take a step back and let that discussion take place. We don't pressure anyone, and want everyone to understand their options. If we can help in any way, please let us know.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Let me step up and say...Just purchase the Night Owl System and BE DONE!!!!

I already had Headlight and Fog Halo's from AAC in RGB. However the CHEASY and I mean CHEASY controller these other guys sale is NO COMPARISON to what Night Owl offers.

The Night owl system worked seamlessly with my AAC RGB Halos and provides ultimate control from my Iphone clear across the parking lot.

I purchase a WIFI controller system from Gen5 and it was a JOKE!! Still sitting in my garage if you want it for free!!!! The remote worked about 3 feet from my car.

Night Owl is not cheap. However, it will get the job done right the first time around. It took approx 4 SL modules to complete my job, but controls----Headlight Halos, Fog light Halos, ZL1 lower fogs, ZL1 upper fogs, Grill lighting, 3d Carbon Vent lighting, Underglow,
Foot wells, Wheel lighting, and much much more.

Fire away with questions and will attempt to help along with others.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Drives: An ambulance, a 2ss/rs, x-wing
So what if all I want is headlight halos? I'm not interested in all the lighting. I just want the ability to change the color of my halos. I guess I'm just trying to see if the gen5 kit really is as bad as everyone says it is.
MedicalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalCowboy View Post
So what if all I want is headlight halos? I'm not interested in all the lighting. I just want the ability to change the color of my halos. I guess I'm just trying to see if the gen5 kit really is as bad as everyone says it is.
I just wonder why you wouldn't want ultimate control of your Halos?? If not just buy the AAC ones and be done with it. They offer a two color kit and wham bam thank you mam and your done. However if you ever plan to upgrade and do more lighting better off going with Night Owl.

For me the ease of control from far distances at car shows from my phone sealed the deal even more. You wont be able to do that with other systems
Old 12-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Drives: An ambulance, a 2ss/rs, x-wing
What do you mean by ultimate control? And is the AAC kit a single led or is it a ring of leds?
MedicalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
CamaroI

When I say Ultimate control it means the sky is the limit : >) on how you want your Halos to operate.

Do you want them flashing? Do you want them red? Do you want them green? Do you want them to fade in out, Do you want them strobing...Its really up to you when using the Night Owl system.

The AAC Halos I have are the RGB LED rings. Super bright. Get RGB so not limited down the road in color selection whatever system you choose.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePhantomSS View Post
ok so if i buy the gen5 kit first and want to upgrade to the nightowl everything will still be a go? ive been following nightowl posts and they been working on the android app for months. im a really big android person and dont want anything to do with apple
I control mine with my IPOD touch, I just keep the IPOD in the car. I use a droid for everything else in my life. LOL
The problem with Android is Motorola, Samsung and other companies tweek the OS for their needs. This leads to problems and conflicts with Apps, The App creator will update an App to correct a problem with one and it screws with the other. Droid users that have facebook will know what I'm talking about. One bug gets fixed and creates another.
ALL Apples run the Same system it makes it a lot easier for an App to be created and Glitches corrected.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #25
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
When I say Ultimate control it means the sky is the limit : >) on how you want your Halos to operate.

Do you want them flashing? Do you want them red? Do you want them green? Do you want them to fade in out, Do you want them strobing...Its really up to you when using the Night Owl system.

The AAC Halos I have are the RGB LED rings. Super bright. Get RGB so not limited down the road in color selection whatever system you choose.
Yup you can make your Halos do just about anything you can dream up. You can adjust the rate of fade/ strobe/ intensity Etc.. It's not just color changing.

The JDP and Night Owl do not require you to bake your headlights apart like the AACs
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #26
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Night Owl! Nuff said.

These videos might be a bit extreme, but they show the possibilities.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalCowboy View Post
What do you mean by ultimate control? And is the AAC kit a single led or is it a ring of leds?
The thing I personally do not like about the AAC kit is that you can see the individual LEDs that look like dots around the halo light.

However with the NightOwl kit, (assuming you have the RS pkg) then with your halos it will be one solid ring of light and you will not be able to see individual dots.

Also NightOwl is a no bake install..

Did I mention it is a no bake, safe install??

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 12-23-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #28
CamaroI

Can't really comment on the baking or no baking thing....I had an oracle installer do mine.

However I can say I prefer the LEDs rather than the solid rings. IMO the LEDs are brighter...Won't go wrong either way