Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #15
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Did a anal inspection before I took delivery.Dealer did the paint correction before I accepted waited 3 more days before signing off.They we're pissed .
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #16
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
I would not buy anything just for sound or looks. If it does not increase horsepower then no. If the paint correction does not increase value of the car then no

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Option 2 and make sure you include ceramic+hydrophibic coatings on the wheels.

And add $135 for changing out the stock brake pads for z26 powerstops. You will understand why the first time you drive the car.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Option 2 first, protect the investment. The front end is a magnet for rock chips, should have came with Xpel from the factory.
These cars are not investments. They are depreciating assets.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #19
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
These cars are not investments. They are depreciating assets.
Life is a depreciating asset my friend. Protecting your ride is an investment, at least to me. I never said it was going to yield some coin later on down the road...
Old 05-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #20
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Life is a depreciating asset my friend. Protecting your ride is an investment, at least to me. I never said it was going to yield some coin later on down the road...
Ok. Cool. However my life is an appreciating asset.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #21
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
If you plan on keeping it protect it. 10 yrs from now I’ll be able to pull the film off the car and it will look way better than a car that wasn’t protected. If you don’t care about how it looks ten yrs from now go for the power mods. I can’t stand rock chips so I am having the entire car wrapped. I don’t drive my car in the rain or snow and it’s parked from nov 1 to may 1 . Only you know how you will feel with rock chips in it so go with what’s best for you.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #22
Gunkk

If I was buying a used camaro and could choose between a filmed one and a modded one... guess which one I would prefer.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #23
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
I wish I could go back in time and have the front bumper and hood wrapped on my BMW. Did it on my last Vette and the ZL1, and it’s always the first thing I’ll do to any new car that’s not a lease. But I have a professional relationship with our film installer and get great deals.

Some may say that film is a waste of money. Between the film and having parts repainted at a body shop, I think that’s an easy choice. But if you’re the type who isn’t bothered by rock chips and such, then it’s probably not worth it. For me, I feel I’ll probably be worth it in the long run. While it may not increase the car’s value per say, it should make it easier to sell private party down the road.

My thoughts anyway.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #24
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
If I was buying a used camaro and could choose between a filmed one and a modded one... guess which one I would prefer.
I find it interesting how many people are more focused on the future impact of selling a car instead of enjoying it the way you want it while you own it.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #25
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
I find it interesting how many people are more focused on the future impact of selling a car instead of enjoying it the way you want it while you own it.
Certain people can do both.

Seems you've agreed with the few that did say just do the exhaust and don't care about the quality of your paint. Why did you ask the question in the first place? Order the exhaust and be happy.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #26
Gunkk

Quote:
Well in my case, appearance matters. I prefer my cars to look good and stay that way. Since mine's a vert I already benefit from the improved sound (both SC whine and exhaust) that I get while topless driving. So you could say I already spent my wad on the soundmod!

In your case it sounds to me like you're going the exhaust route with your $... and there's nothing at all wrong with that choice. Make it your own and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Exactly.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #27
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

Seems you've agreed with the few that did say just do the exhaust and don't care about the quality of your paint. Why did you ask the question in the first place? Order the exhaust and be happy.
Because I wanted to see if any comments regarding paint protection would sway me or provide a perspective I hadn't already thought of. To say someone doesn't care about the quality of their car's paint because they won't spend $2k for film and a ceramic coating is kinda stupid.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #28
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Because I wanted to see if any comments regarding paint protection would sway me or provide a perspective I hadn't already thought of. To say someone doesn't care about the quality of their car's paint because they won't spend $2k for film and a ceramic coating is kinda stupid.
That's not what I said. I was mirroring the two sides in this thread. Those who don't care AS MUCH (does that make you feel better?) about their paint. And those who don't care as much about exhaust, or at least not more-so than they do about their paint.

You have agreed with the prior mentality obviously. Not sure what else you could have gotten that would have swayed you. Value of your vehicle, aesthetics, life stories, and more have all been thrown out there as benefits of the PPF/CC. So going in, what did you hope someone would tell you PPF would do? It would add 100 HP and make everyone think your car was worth $500,000?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote