Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
Ittookalongtime

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE Summit White
Austin Driveway - Track School/Fun

Friday I took a beginners class on track driving at Austin Driveway. I was amazed by the track because I had no idea that it was there and how cool it is. The class is great - taught by professional drivers. You don't need to totally track ready your car for the beginning class as you don't get to damaging speed the first days (90 or so) and breaking is manageable. You definately heat the tires up and should expect wear. I had dot 4 fluid and fresh oil and all went really well. It's a great course/track to test the handling of your car and romp on it pretty good. I continue to be blown away by the car - it really did well after a day of the hardest driving I've ever done. You can take a second class and access other sections of the track and reach even higher speeds. I'll definately be doing it. The guy teaching the class is a current pro and he goes along with you when you drive and gives you tips. He also drives your car which is even more amazing to watch what our cars can do. He went significantly faster than I could - trust me when I say that our cars are very capable. You all know that but I was amazed and motion sick. If you're near Austin and you want to get some speed out of your system, you need to check these guys out. It googles well they don't have the best web site but you can get what you need.
Ittookalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
I will definitely check the track out this fall... My neighbor runs his GT4 there frequently and you're right about heating up the tires!

Cheers
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
Zice

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Thumbs up

I will check this place out as well. Thanks for th info!