Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 07-20-2016, 11:52 PM   #43
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Had my car since December. Havn't had this happen yet. Do you possibly have residue on your windshield from a window cleaner? I always keep the inside clean with some alcohol if needed but mostly just hot water on a towel. I tried the rainx spray and one other spray but both left a residue that would fog easily. Using just water after a good alcohol cleaning has kept my windshield from fogging. I normally just keep my car set between 68-74 auto with the auto speed adjustment set to high I believe
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #44
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Had my car since December. Havn't had this happen yet. Do you possibly have residue on your windshield from a window cleaner? I always keep the inside clean with some alcohol if needed but mostly just hot water on a towel. I tried the rainx spray and one other spray but both left a residue that would fog easily. Using just water after a good alcohol cleaning has kept my windshield from fogging. I normally just keep my car set between 68-74 auto with the auto speed adjustment set to high I believe
The fogging is on the outside, ie: condensation, the inside is clear and dry. Drive early in the morning when dew point is low, run your defrost set to lo temp and high fan, you might get condensation to develop on windshield, if not then where you live the weather may be different than what others have noticed.
bryguycbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #45
BriGuy

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro Red Hot
Spoke with Deakler and Chevy

Field service engineer claims its just a nuisance I see it as a safety hazard as 30% of my field of view is obstructed. I hope they take this seriously before some one gets hurt, dies or worse totals their new 6th Gen 2SS
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #46
Blue's SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, for go, not show.
The first night I had my car it did this pretty bad. Since then I've modulated the AC so that it's only a very small amount of condensation on the windshield, day or night. I don't even notice it anymore.

Camaro/Firebird fan since 1977!
Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Blue's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:16 AM   #47
SCullen
Converts Oxygen to CO2

Drives: 2016 Black SS Convertable
Raising the temp on the A/C helps.

It's caused by air bleed in the dampers for the windshield defogger vents. Condensation forms on the windshield. It happens primarily in the early morning in high humidity conditions. When the sun comes up, it doesn't happen as much as the sun heats up the windshield exterior.

SCullen is offline   Reply With Quote