Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #29
Anti_venomSS

Drives: '18 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
What class do you plan on running at WCF, with that setup? The slowest class is all motor, in which that has become a mid-high 9 second class iirc
Don't they allow street cars to run as well? Have been out of the scene for a while. Just want to make some fun passes on Thurs/Fri, not necessarily run a specific class.
Anti_venomSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #30
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_venomSS View Post
Don't they allow street cars to run as well? Have been out of the scene for a while. Just want to make some fun passes on Thurs/Fri, not necessarily run a specific class.
You might want to try wed and thurs, as those are the testing days... friday is a qualifier day.

And as far as letting you run on wed/thurs... I wouldn't know.... I usually go on Saturday and Sunday.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #31
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
A 10 second slip is not an easy task. I can tell you what I had in my car to run a 10.98 in Nov 2017. The first mod is free...negative DA or as close to zero as possible. You will need good air and really good prep to even have a shot without going full tilt on the mods.

As King said earlier, tuning is key and it is a constant work in progress when you are at the track. Datalogging passes and making adjustments accordingly. Dialing the car in on the dyno is great but the fine tuning happens all at the track.

My mods were;
Front skinnies
At the time I had M/T 305/20's on stock wheels but I would highly recommend going 17's and a lightweight wheel like Forgestars etc.
RotoFab with dry filter
Ported throttle body
Ported intake manifold...I used a stocker but would recommend the MSD
Flex fuel kit and e70+ in the tank
GM 3.73 diff
Lightweight battery (mine is a 21lb AGM)
Remove passenger and rear seat
Drain the windshield washer fluid

Believe it or not those all were my mods iirc. I was lucky enough to record a 10 second pass with the stock exhaust manifolds, all 4 cats, the suitcase muffler with the stock torque converter and the stock suspension.

The wheels/tires would take up most of your 2K unless you score a good used set, and add 500? for HP tuners software...which doesn't include the tuning...and plenty of seat time.

The other mods people mentioned will help (MSD 95mm tb, headers/no cats or a converter) but if the racing gods are kind to you, it is possible without them. Both Brandon and Troy used a 26" tire setup that seems to work well with the stock converter. Brett and myself had 28" tires but he had a Circle D and I had the 3.73 gear to get me there. I believe I have been the only person to run a stock exhaust system and 20" DR's though.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #32
PNYKLR2

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Convertible
The main point of the post was the fact I'm just wanting to do something quick and easy for around $2,000 to get a performance boost. Just got back from LS Fest and saw a lot of what looked like close to stock 6th gens running mid 11 times. But everyone was on DR's. Would love to get to around 11 flat in the 1/4 if it's possible for around $2k. My budget isn't set I just wanna start small before I go big and break the bank and the wife flips out.