Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #771
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Not true at all. My Hellcat does not have this issue. And nobody with a Hellcat on any of the forums or pages I frequent have ever mentioned this issue. Hellcats can beat ZL1s in a roll race and have been known to start edging out even the Z7 Z06 once over 150 MPH.
All I am referring to is the initial kind of bog from a roll race. Once the car makes it into whatever gear it wants, its howling like a bat out of hell.

I don't say this from just watching videos or guessing. I run around with a group of SRT392s and Hellcat Chargers... I've watched all of them kind of bog at speed, and then shoot out like a cannon. Maybe what I'm seeing is just a trick of the eyes, but I can promise you what I'm seeing is the same I've seen on the Demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The race I seen the car was on 93. The one nobody believes.

Who can afford to drive around the streets with race fuel in all the time? How it runs on the street with 93 is more realistic IMO.
This^^^^ I already know the specs on the Demon, but most aren't going to drive it around in drag setup all day. More importantly, I'd be shocked if many of them even kept the skinnies on it for fear of damaging them.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #772
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Ok it was shaffe who specified "dyno tuning" but you still quoted me when I told him he was wrong about that implying I was mistaken...I'm not...you're still wrong.

please tell me a mod that cannot be tuned for without a Dyno?
I was merely referring to needing a tune in general. You're not slapping on a cam, you're not adding most blowers, or extensive internal work and just running it down the street.

And realistically, a dyno tune is best for cars that are seeing internal changes such as a cam or a blower/turbo simply because it can be tuned ASAP.

Sure, canned/flash tunes are all the rage now....but even with that, you're still using information gleaned from dyno tuning through the tuner setup.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #773
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Dynamic compression decides what fuel you need to run
hey thx for the refresher course. It was right around 10.5:1 DCR with factory square ports. Take my word for it...it wouldn't run on 93 with more than 20ish total timing in it.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #774
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Race fuel is the most inconvenient and expensive option possible though. It’s for sale nowhere.
There are 3 places in my little Podunk town that sells race gas at the pump and in 5 gallon buckets and I have 3 tracks within an hour drive if I race that all carry it. My brother has ran race only in his 500whp CRX for almost 6 years. It's worked just fine for me for many years. Not saying E85 isn't a great option for some, but tons and tons of people use race gas almost exclusively and have for a long long time. Saying people don't use it and it's cost prohibitive is completely false though, that is just your opinion.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #775
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
There are 3 places in my little Podunk town that sells race gas at the pump and in 5 gallon buckets and I have 3 tracks within an hour drive if I race that all carry it. My brother has ran race only in his 500whp CRX for almost 6 years. It's worked just fine for me for many years. Not saying E85 isn't a great option for some, but tons and tons of people use race gas almost exclusively and have for a long long time. Saying people don't use it and it's cost prohibitive is completely false though, that is just your opinion.
Didn’t say people don’t use it

It’s expensive and hard to find is a fact not an opinion. Sounds like you’re lucky where you live
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #776
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

It’s expensive and hard to find is a fact not an opinion. Sounds like you’re lucky where you live
Like I said earlier that's when you be like my pops and just have 55 gallon drums delivered to you lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #777
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:

C12 is $9 a gallon here and available 5 miles away. So to me it is not expensive or hard to find so no not a fact. I understand you can't afford it, it's ok.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #778
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I must have taken a wrong turn, could have sworn I clicked on the Mustang thread.

This is the true golden age of cars. Too bad it's probably the end of ICE soon, but them no one will have to look for race gas.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #779
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Speaking of Mustangs, has anyone gotten the PP2 out onto a track yet, or at least a windy back road to see how the new setup performs? It looks like it should do well on paper. I looked over on the Mustang website, and I haven't seen anything other that photos of the car or wheels or front splitter, or whatever. I want to know how it performs, not how pretty it is!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #780
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Like I said earlier that's when you be like my pops and just have 55 gallon drums delivered to you lol
Yeah that’s what I’d do if I ran it. It’s not worth much over E85 though. I’d like to try some ftw purple. But the price they want for it is just ridiculous. Hard for me to pay it just on principle lol
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #781
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Yeah that’s what I’d do if I ran it. It’s not worth much over E85 though. I’d like to try some ftw purple. But the price they want for it is just ridiculous. Hard for me to pay it just on principle lol
yeah when my pops was doing it, the prices weren't nearly as crazy as they are now. He had his Nova race car that ran on 110 ( I'm pretty sure it was 110) and his pro street 56 Chevy that he would fill half with 93 and half 110 so it made sense to just have a drum......man I wish he still had both those cars lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:09 PM   #782
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Good idea there. But you gotta make sure you get it from the same place all the time. And I wouldn't get the stuff that has to be mixed.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #783
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
As far as tuning, dyno tuning is great because you don't have to worry about getting caught datalogging at high speeds. And you can tune it on the fly. But I prefer custom tuning as it adjusts the tune based on the engine working while pulling the full weight of the vehicle. I feel that it is more accurate. But both ways are pretty good. And at least with dyno tuning you get pretty numbers to "oohhh, aahhh" over, lol!!

I personally wouldn't want any tune that requires race gas tho. I prefer good ole 93 octane.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:57 AM   #784
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Speaking of Mustangs, has anyone gotten the PP2 out onto a track yet, or at least a windy back road to see how the new setup performs? It looks like it should do well on paper. I looked over on the Mustang website, and I haven't seen anything other that photos of the car or wheels or front splitter, or whatever. I want to know how it performs, not how pretty it is!
I am surprised there hasn't been a PP2 vs 1LE review yet as the PP2 seems to be readily available at this point. One look at the window sticker and I say no thank you. No standard GT or SS IMO is worth 50k or more. The 1-3 year financial depreciation is going to be BRUTAL.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote