Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Tracks in FL

Never tracked a car but now that I have this beast I am getting the itch. Anyone know of any good novice track days/courses in the area?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Sebring is the closest to you. Several groups have track days there, I've never attended any of them but I have been racing there in the SCCA for over 30 years.

Palm Beach International Raceway (was Moroso for several years) also has several different groups running track days there. SCCA has a monthly Track Night America event there on specific Tuesdays (I know, a weekday?). It is run from 3PM until 9PM and on those days, next one is later this month, July 26.

SCCA also has PDX events at Daytona whenever our club racing events and drivers schools are held there. Next one is Friday, August 5. There is also an SCCA club event there that weekend.

I think Homestead has track days too but I've never looked into them, it's a four hour tow for me.

Then there's the FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsports park) located near Starke. I've never been there, know people who have and have gotten both good and bad feedback from them. The worst being that it's very easy to destroy your car in a couple of places there if something were to go wrong.

I did attend two of the SCCA PDX events with my race car in the past when I was testing some things. One at Daytona on the drivers school course and one at Sebring (long course). I will never run my race car in a PDX at Sebring again, too many people have no idea what a point by is. Daytona is easy because even with my measly 130hp I can pretty much run with anyone on that short course.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Okay. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Has any camaro6 members done a day at the track? Wondering if there has been groups in the past.
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Guys know if there are any near sarasota?
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote