Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-28-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
BayStreet510

Drives: Yellow 2016 Convertible SS
Two questions on installing an amp ‘16 1SS

Its the non BOSE system.
Im installing a powered sub. I’ll use the sub thump harness. I’ve installed amps before.

My only questions are:

Where do I tap for the amp remote turn on wire?

Will I need any other harness or trickery to eliminate any noise/issues that these systems have with aftermarket subs?

Thanks!
BayStreet510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Use a Audiocontrol LC2i.. easy install with the sub thump harness. Use the rear L/R wires to eliminate amplied door chimes. You can also unplug the harness to the left of where you plug the sub thump harness into the amp (closest to the back of car) to delete unnecessary noises such as exhaust imitations.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
BayStreet510

Drives: Yellow 2016 Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
Use a Audiocontrol LC2i.. easy install with the sub thump harness. Use the rear L/R wires to eliminate amplied door chimes. You can also unplug the harness to the left of where you plug the sub thump harness into the amp (closest to the back of car) to delete unnecessary noises such as exhaust imitations.
I actually went with the sub thump harness for the speakers and their harness to deactivate the noise cancelation along with a line out converter. It’s going to be a basic setup with one powered 12” sub.

The thing I can’t find a clear answer to is what do I use for the remote wire. I’m thinking a fuse tap into the “AMP” fuse but I’ve read that it has constant power.

Any idea where I can attach that remote amp turn on wire?
BayStreet510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #4
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I used the wireless charge pad fuse in the trunk fuse box...
Old 07-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #5
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreet510 View Post
I actually went with the sub thump harness for the speakers and their harness to deactivate the noise cancelation along with a line out converter. It’s going to be a basic setup with one powered 12” sub.

The thing I can’t find a clear answer to is what do I use for the remote wire. I’m thinking a fuse tap into the “AMP” fuse but I’ve read that it has constant power.

Any idea where I can attach that remote amp turn on wire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
I used the wireless charge pad fuse in the trunk fuse box...
I have base model LT.. non Bose... I put a voltage meter and tried to find a fuse in the trunk with no luck. Mine doesnt have the charge pad option. Seems most of the ignition fuses are under hood. I tapped a couple of those for running gauges. I also tapped the 'passenger air bag' light for a dash cam. You can buy a meter for cheap and test your fuses, maybe you have something extra back there I'm un aware of
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #6
JCurry2885

Drives: Black 2018 1SS Camaro M6
Use the cig lighter wire in the center console for remote turn on. Its pretty easy to pull the console out and access it.
JCurry2885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #7
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
What is this, 1996?? Lol I had a system in my 91 Camaro RS. I had the custom box with a 12" Cerwin Vega. Man it thumped. Lol good times.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplifier, stereo, subwoofer