Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
Gibby McCall

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2017 2SS
2017 Camaro 2SS

Hello new here to this site previous owner of a 1996 Camaro Z28 now in a 2017 Camaro SS. Looking to upgrade my front and rear sway bars, anybody have a preference to manufacturer. Looking to replace the stock sway bar.
Gibby McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
BMR suspension upgrade. RDPStore.com is a great place to buy.
dmcmahan60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #3
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Great car, had on myself. Just curious here, why switch out the sway bars?
Old 02-25-2020, 11:28 PM   #4
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Post ZL1 Sway Bar Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby McCall View Post
Hello new here to this site previous owner of a 1996 Camaro Z28 now in a 2017 Camaro SS. Looking to upgrade my front and rear sway bars, anybody have a preference to manufacturer. Looking to replace the stock sway bar.
BMR is a worthy upgrade route. Another alternative is using the heavier duty GM ZL1 front and rear stabilizer bars with associated links, bushing etc. Others on this forum had good experience going that route (and many have equally good experience with BMR bars too--depends upon what goals are).

I wanted better handling while maintaining a semblance of decent ride offered by my 2SS's Magnetic Ride Control. My larger plan was to upgrade the SS bars to the ZL1 bars then go with Eibach lowering springs and adjust alignment to FE4/FEA parameters to allow more aggressive cornering (standard SS alignment spec is FE3 and FE4/FEA is more ZL1-1LE track oriented but not full track). If interested, you can find alignment spec info is covered in thread https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504284

With the ZL1 sway bar setup I experienced noticeable increase in cornering ability without having it ride like a truck.

Just to clear that I am not biased --ALL my rear suspension pieces are BMR (except sway bars)--- control arms, trailing arms, toe rods, rear rear cradle bushings, plus tunnel brace and driveshaft safety loop.

I used GM Parts Direct as source. Their staff had the expertise to get all the components needed--it is not just the bars--it is all stuff that goes with them (brackets, links, bolts, nuts, spacers). Great discounts; saved at least 33-50% off list prices. Cost was around $360 for before shipping for the entire package (shipping was reasonable at $30 given weight). GMPartsDirect customer service is excellent (but BMR people are stellar too having given them a lot of business). https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
CSP Build 1/20. Procharger D1X w/Stage 2 IC, Texas Speed 427CI long block w/forged internals/ported LT1 heads/FI cam, LT4 HPFP/injectors, ATI balancer, MM catch can, FTI torque converter, CSP meth injection & aux fuel, Aeroforce gauges, MSD wires, race BOV, PCM/TCM tune.
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote