Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-25-2020, 04:29 AM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Spark plugs,wires and fuel injectors?

So since ive been modifying my car i want to upgrade my spark plugs to a colder set, i also want to put performance wires on the car along with slightly bigger fuel injectors.

Does anyone have any products to recommend i havent found any but the stock spark plugs for my car same with the wires and fuel injectors. I havent been able to find any performance parts for these items. If anyone can recommend any that for sure works with the 2018 lgx engine i would much appreciate it.

Thanks again, Spud
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
MISTAPOWA

Drives: camaro rs
You're not going to find plug wires because the cars don't have them. You're not going to find bigger injectors because it's direct injection. You can find colder plugs but it's not needed. These cars are quite different than cars from the past, the same mods don't work on these.
MISTAPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTAPOWA View Post
You're not going to find plug wires because the cars don't have them. You're not going to find bigger injectors because it's direct injection. You can find colder plugs but it's not needed. These cars are quite different than cars from the past, the same mods don't work on these.
There are higher flowing injectors but there’s no need for them unless you’re running a good amount of boost.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
MISTAPOWA

Drives: camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF_RS View Post
There are higher flowing injectors but there’s no need for them unless you’re running a good amount of boost.
You'll never need a bigger injector even with boost. You can run a huge amount with more pump and longer duration.
MISTAPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
You'll never need a bigger injector even with boost. You can run a huge amount with more pump and longer duration.
Upgraded injectors are included with the Stage 2 Overkill supercharger kit which advertises 11-12 lbs on a vortec v3.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #6
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Ugh no plug wires eh? News to me