Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #1
FIFTY017

Drives: 2018 Silverado Z71 TxEdition
MAJOR ELECTRICAL ISSUE****

So 3 days ago I went go pick up dinner and noticed that my dash board lights were going crazy!!! Every service message was going off, Check air bag, power steering, theft deterrent system, tire monitor system, suspension, park brake assist. Before i started the car i did notice the check engine light pop up. upon starting it disappears then all this other stuff lights up. Just trying to get any feedback with anyone elses experiences out there. Have no idea what would cause this. I did notice that when putting the charger on the battery it took a good 3 hrs to get it to full charge. Thought maybe battery could be an issue. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Oh, I do have an appt with the dealership, theyre just slammed and cant get it in till next wk.

Also, the blinkers and other lights are working around the car. Rear cam doesnt work either.

Thank You
Attached Images

Last edited by FIFTY017; 10-24-2018 at 08:35 AM.
FIFTY017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
You may have a bad battery and the low voltage was making the electronics act strange. Or you might have a wiring harness that has a loose connection.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
FIFTY017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
You may have a bad battery and the low voltage was making the electronics act strange. Or you might have a wiring harness that has a loose connection.
I was thinking something like that also. was hoping the charging it up may have corrected. dealership is so busy cant get in till Friday. hopefully they'll have another nice Texas Edition silverado. I have a Rockford 500w amp and a custom 12" enclosure. Hope thats not messing with anything.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Is the car stock other than the sound system? Is anything plugged into the car electronically, if so what and how is it plugged in?

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
FIFTY017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Is the car stock other than the sound system? Is anything plugged into the car electronically, if so what and how is it plugged in?
I have a rockfort amp wired in through a low level converter for the 12" sub in the trunk. Thats it.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
TJay74

Depending on that AMP it could be keeping a system on and active in the car and could be draining the battery. I have a Kicker CX300.1 in my car and when I tried to use the speaker sensing inputs on it to turn the amp on it would keep some of the sub systems of the car turned on, would drain my battery in 2 days.

I ended up putting a high/low level line converter in mine, been perfect since then.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
Old 10-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
FIFTY017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Depending on that AMP it could be keeping a system on and active in the car and could be draining the battery. I have a Kicker CX300.1 in my car and when I tried to use the speaker sensing inputs on it to turn the amp on it would keep some of the sub systems of the car turned on, would drain my battery in 2 days.

I ended up putting a high/low level line converter in mine, been perfect since then.
That was a concern I've had also. Its been over a year since it was installed and have had no issues thus far. dropped her off at dealership this morning and got a call back after the tech had been diagnosing for over an hour or so and is baffled. Not what i like to hear. we will see what happens. I to am using a high quality low level converter that is recommended for the bose system in the chevy vehicles.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #8
FIFTY017

UPDATE....just gotta call from the dealership and after a week of trying to figure out what the HELL was going on, they figured it out!!!! Apparently a fuse in one of the ECM modules blew. thankfully they put a new fuse in and it blew again which lead to the replacement of this module and its working properly. this is not located in an easy spot to find or in the normal fuse box area under the hood. Hope this could help someone else in the future!!!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #9
TJay74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFTY017 View Post
UPDATE....just gotta call from the dealership and after a week of trying to figure out what the HELL was going on, they figured it out!!!! Apparently a fuse in one of the ECM modules blew. thankfully they put a new fuse in and it blew again which lead to the replacement of this module and its working properly. this is not located in an easy spot to find or in the normal fuse box area under the hood. Hope this could help someone else in the future!!!!!

There are two fuse panel system in the Camaro, one under the hood and one in the trunk under the carpeted floor cover.

Glad they found the issue.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
FIFTY017

Well the FIFTY is back in the shop again with the same DAMN issue. Lets see if they can take it a step further to see why this ECM module is blowing fuses. Keep y'all posted.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:12 AM   #11
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I have the same issue, the third time it happened the engine shut down while I was doing 40-50, like you hit the stop button all lights including the headlights, that was fun.! Mine comes and goes so it's not a fuse.
My 2018 went off the deep end last night, went full brightness, all gauges went to zero, HVAC system went offline, no turn signals and every service this message scrolled across (airbag, side scan, suspension, etc). Ran fine came and went a few more times over the next five miles then everything came back up and it's been OK since. I removed and sanded the paint from the four cabin star grounds and the engine compartment inner fender ground with no joy.
I was headed to work in the morning in the dark and the same thing happened. I didn't have time to turn around and swap vehicles, anyway other than not having any instrumentation or heat (was 34 out!) nothing bad happened last time so I kept going. So I'm tooling down a lonely rural road using my radar detectors GPS speed display for a speedo and the engine and lights shut off, I was coasting like I was in a glider nothing but wind and road noise! :O The steering didn't lock and I calmly pressed the start button and it fired back up and the lights came back on, still no HVAC or instrumentation the rest of the trip. I contemplated pulling over and pressing the "Blue" button to have them send a flatbed for it before it tried to kill me again but the Onstar wasn't working either, WTF! I restarted it and everything was normal and has been so far, that said after the first incident it was OK for a few days so I'm not sold. 45K Death Machine.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #12
FIFTY017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I have the same issue, the third time it happened the engine shut down while I was doing 40-50, like you hit the stop button all lights including the headlights, that was fun.! Mine comes and goes so it's not a fuse.
My 2018 went off the deep end last night, went full brightness, all gauges went to zero, HVAC system went offline, no turn signals and every service this message scrolled across (airbag, side scan, suspension, etc). Ran fine came and went a few more times over the next five miles then everything came back up and it's been OK since. I removed and sanded the paint from the four cabin star grounds and the engine compartment inner fender ground with no joy.
I was headed to work in the morning in the dark and the same thing happened. I didn't have time to turn around and swap vehicles, anyway other than not having any instrumentation or heat (was 34 out!) nothing bad happened last time so I kept going. So I'm tooling down a lonely rural road using my radar detectors GPS speed display for a speedo and the engine and lights shut off, I was coasting like I was in a glider nothing but wind and road noise! :O The steering didn't lock and I calmly pressed the start button and it fired back up and the lights came back on, still no HVAC or instrumentation the rest of the trip. I contemplated pulling over and pressing the "Blue" button to have them send a flatbed for it before it tried to kill me again but the Onstar wasn't working either, WTF! I restarted it and everything was normal and has been so far, that said after the first incident it was OK for a few days so I'm not sold. 45K Death Machine.
Yea bro!!!! thats the same issue!!! this time the service person said that the ecm fuse was ok but noticed another wire may have been loose and tightened it back up. i will get the specific diagnosis today and post it here so it can help to narrow down future issues. if you notice, your turn signals and hazzards SHOULD still be working on the outside. mine were. so i still drove it limited distances if i had to.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #13
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Never thought to get out and look, good to know. So what did they come up with?
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:09 PM   #14
jcomfort

Drives: camaro 2016 rs
Major electrical errors

Hey so whatever ended up happening? I am experiencing same issues with my 2016 6th gen camaro. I have diode dynamic LED side markers and i think it is drawing a current to strong causing this to happen whenever they are on.
jcomfort is offline   Reply With Quote