Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #57
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Azul View Post
Do you still have these videos? Id like to compare and contrast with my car as well and see if we cam help each other out.
Sorry. Not anymore. I deleted that channel.
The ticks are not notiable now after I tuned the car that forces V8 mode all the time.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #58
juggsauce

Drives: 17 2SS, 08 Tundra
Try Deleting the sound tube. I think it's just the sound it makes in v4 mode. It sounds like my buddy's old ranger did when it had a hole in the firewall and he'd lug the engine.

I think with that tube not carrying sound into the cabin you won't hear it.
juggsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #59
1Leah

Drives: camaro SS
I have a 2020 SS 1le and I was wondering if the ticking under acceleration was normal. Mine becomes really noticeable around 1500 rpms, and the high pitch ticking increases as I accelerate. I took it to dealership and they said its "normal drive train sound". I don't see how a constant ticking that can be heard inside the cabin, and the only way to drown it out is to turn up the music is normal. I've been rolling boosted cars for the last decade. Get a NA car to enjoy the V8 harmony and all I hear is a meissner sewing machine sounding injectors hard at work.
1Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #60
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I have a 2018 SS (manual) with 5k miles and I hear what sounds like a lifter tick or exhaust leak on the drivers side from inside the car. But I went to the passenger side (outside) and hear it too. I can hear it at idle. not so sure if I can hear it cruising. I think I can. Listening around, it kinda sounds like it's coming from the pre cats (I think that's what they are) right behind the front wheels.
Even though I don't have AFM, I feel a little better about the sound after reading this thread..