Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
Shadow7

Drives: Camaro, Jeep Cherokee
1LT 2020 Clunk sound when cold start

Hi everyone, I have an odd thing going on with my 2020 1lt V6 Camaro with 10 speed auto trans.

Car now has 2175mi on it and I bought it with 1349 miles on it. It has always done this since I owned it. First off this car runs great and shifts well. Nothing seems to be wrong other than this strange clunk sound right after startup from sitting overnight and cold engine. Sound is coming from the right side engine compartment it seems.

Only does it when starts up for the first time after sitting overnight or longer, after that the car can be restated normally with no clunk sound for the rest of the day. When it does make the clunk it can be felt, almost like someone whacked something with a rubber mallet. Very odd...Anyone have any ideas? trying to avoid leaving it at the dealer for a few days if I can.

I have tried brake pumping, leaving climate control off and on while restarting. resetting door locks and just an overall reset. nothing is solving the annoyance.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Last edited by Shadow7; 05-31-2020 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Wrong section
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
People are going to want video could be any myriad of things. is the clunk on startup? Or when you take it out of park and dry to drive it?
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Did you ever get a service printout and car fax before you bought the car? That usually sheds a lot of light on issues. Hopefully it’s nothing major for you that turns out to be a problem. Should be covered in the balance of the warranty.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
So it makes this clunk upon a cold start, and just sitting in park?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Shadow7

Drives: Camaro, Jeep Cherokee
Yes...in park and normal startup. Clunk! I do have a short vid too. I need to see how to post it...not to savvy...

Im listed as the first owner as the dealer said the person who had it was denied from the bank later so the car was never titled they say. Well that's their story so whoever had put 1349 miles on it before I bought it. The car has always ran great while Ive had it.
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote