Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
2016 camaro A8 Shudder!! Frustrating.

Hi All, so I took my car in on 10-10-2018 for the shudder. The next day I get call from the service writer saying that they were gonna go ahead and do the flush per the tsb. I called for an update on Thursday and nothing yet. Come Friday, 10-12-2018 and the service writer calls me and says the tech talked to tech support and they told the tech that the vibration was due to my axle back exhaust?! Cmon, can this really be the problem? The shuddering is only when the afm kicks in. So luckily I have the factory exhaust that I can swap back and take it back again.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
TCL

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS/ Nightfall gray
I may have the same issue. Just install headers /xpipe/axleback. just got it tune. Now my rpm fluctuate up for a second then down, on and on. Is this what you got? I also have engine power is reduced message.
TCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
Hi All, so I took my car in on 10-10-2018 for the shudder. The next day I get call from the service writer saying that they were gonna go ahead and do the flush per the tsb. I called for an update on Thursday and nothing yet. Come Friday, 10-12-2018 and the service writer calls me and says the tech talked to tech support and they told the tech that the vibration was due to my axle back exhaust?! Cmon, can this really be the problem? The shuddering is only when the afm kicks in. So luckily I have the factory exhaust that I can swap back and take it back again.
How many miles do you have...the shudder is distinct, feels like you are going over rumble strips under acceleration, especially on the highway. Very different than a exhaust vibration. I would take it to a different dealer if they will not do the TSB, furthermore, I would not put the OEM exhaust back on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL View Post
I may have the same issue. Just install headers /xpipe/axleback. just got it tune. Now my rpm fluctuate up for a second then down, on and on. Is this what you got? I also have engine power is reduced message.
Totally different issue...maybe tune related.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Calvear0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
How many miles do you have...the shudder is distinct, feels like you are going over rumble strips under acceleration, especially on the highway. Very different than a exhaust vibration. I would take it to a different dealer if they will not do the TSB, furthermore, I would not put the OEM exhaust back on!

Totally different issue...maybe tune related.
I have 26k miles on it. That’s exactly what it feels like , I know it’s the shudder for a fact. Even the service writer told me that it’s exactly what the tsb says but gm wouldn’t let them go any further until the exhaust came off for a proper diagnosis.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #5
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
I have 26k miles on it. That’s exactly what it feels like , I know it’s the shudder for a fact. Even the service writer told me that it’s exactly what the tsb says but gm wouldn’t let them go any further until the exhaust came off for a proper diagnosis.

My 2017 A8 colorado had the shudder. They replaced the TQ Converter and all. Dealer told me the same issues were on the camros and silverados as well.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
I experienced the A8 shudder issue a month or so ago at around 19K miles. I took my car to the dealer and expected them to say something about my muffler delete, but they didn't. They were able to replicate my issue and proceeded with the transmission fluid flush and filter replacement. I can say that the vibration I experienced was very intrusive, every drive and some shifts you could feel the TC slipping. So far after 1200 miles no issues.
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #7
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Email Monday from dealer:
Your Camaro is needing the Torque Converter. We have ordered one, but they are on national back order. We expect to have one in a week or so. We are waiting on approval on the convertible piece. We have to have additional approval for that since it has been replaced before. There is a note in GMs database that those will break due to someone pushing there to leverage themselves out of the back seat. We are not saying that this is the case with your vehicle, but with that possibility we have to have the additional approval. Thank you for your time. I will update again when I have more news.

Email Wednesday
I wanted to inform you that your vehicle is ready for pick up. The factory would not allow us to replace the torque converter at this time due to there not being an updated part. We have replaced the trans fluid and trans filter. We also replaced the convertible frame cover and motor. This is a redesigned part, and should not have the same issue.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
Calvear0

Update:
I took my car to a different dealership and they were able to duplicate the issue. They did the TSB triple flush. They told me to drive it for 200 miles but as soon as I left the dealer it shuddered. I knew that couldn’t be good. I’m close to 200 miles so I’m taking it back this Monday. I love the camaro but I’ve been at the dealership like 6 times in a year. Frustrating to say the least