Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #15
DHCP

Drives: 2018 CAMARO 1SS AUTO WHITE
OP, I feel sorry for you that they are playing unfair games with you.

I had an oil leak after getting an oil change from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet of Buford in Georgia. They forgot to tighten the oil filter. It could be a simple mistake but no due diligence was done for sure.

You don't want to trust them to work on your car anyways.
DHCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Sounds like a situation I had with my 2001 WS6 back when it was only a year or so old. Clutch was starting to slip just a tad and I wanted it replaced under warranty before it started getting bad. They denied my claim because the car was lowered. My actual response to the guy was WTF? How in the hell does that void my clutch warranty? With a straight face he said because it helps the car launch and get more traction therefor putting more strain on the clutch. We argued back and forth and I said that is like voiding my warranty for my window motor because I have tinted windows and the extra weight of the tint caused the motor to go out.

Long story short, too late, I ended up buying an aftermarket clutch and having it put in by someone else.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #17
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Sounds like a situation I had with my 2001 WS6 back when it was only a year or so old. Clutch was starting to slip just a tad and I wanted it replaced under warranty before it started getting bad. They denied my claim because the car was lowered. My actual response to the guy was WTF? How in the hell does that void my clutch warranty? With a straight face he said because it helps the car launch and get more traction therefor putting more strain on the clutch. We argued back and forth and I said that is like voiding my warranty for my window motor because I have tinted windows and the extra weight of the tint caused the motor to go out.

Long story short, too late, I ended up buying an aftermarket clutch and having it put in by someone else.

Yep. It's all good. I'll be doing my research on dealerships next time and the ones that are not dickheads about stupid shit will definitely get my money.
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #18
zerovisual

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
1st)The car is warrantied for track use in stock form.

2nd) A tune does not void the warranty on the rest of the car...just the engine. Even at that it depends on the dealership. Some are mod friendly.

I would Print off the TSB and hand it to them.

If still nothing call Chevy, tell them the issue, tsb, and take the car elsewhere.

I don't see how any part with a TSB or recall can be denied coverage. That basically means these parts are failing on stock cars, so the part is the issue and nothing else.
Wait I just bought a 2016 SS M6 and it is still under the factory warranty. You mean if the car fails to hold up to a burn out stock it is flat out under warranty? Of course the tire would not be covered, but warming the tires up for the track is ok under warranty? Also will they void the warranty for a simple cold air induction kit? That is about the only mod I think I want to do short of chroming/shinning up the motor.

I do not plan to beat the hell out of her everyday. But may of course take her to the drag strip on day. Could you go the drag strip and go straight into the dealer for a repair even with the drag strip numbers on your window?

Totally amazed at this..
zerovisual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #19
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
I would ask them to put it in writing that they are denying performing TSB# what ever it is, due to: and list the reasons.

When the reasons don’t prove to be the actual cause of the bolts loosening and coming out, GM having a history of this issue with non modded cars (tsb), you will have a Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act claim, breach of contract, etc....... BBB should be able to help you prior to actual legal force. If it’s just bolts, replace them, and file a claim against GM.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #20
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
Yep. It's all good. I'll be doing my research on dealerships next time and the ones that are not dickheads about stupid shit will definitely get my money.
So wait - did you get your car back and fixed?
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:46 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
I would ask them to put it in writing that they are denying performing TSB# what ever it is, due to: and list the reasons.

When the reasons don’t prove to be the actual cause of the bolts loosening and coming out, GM having a history of this issue with non modded cars (tsb), you will have a Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act claim, breach of contract, etc....... BBB should be able to help you prior to actual legal force. If it’s just bolts, replace them, and file a claim against GM.
This MvM stuff cracks me the hell up every time someone throws it out there.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #22
Rbelflower

Drives: 1968 RS/SS, 1992 RS & 2018 2SS Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This MvM stuff cracks me the hell up every time someone throws it out there.
The best part is the BBB.

BBB has 0 (zero) power.

They have nothing to do with any government agency whatsoever.
They are a private party with a clever name.

Honestly this board has more power than they do.. boycott the dealership.. Others see the posts and do business elsewhere.. hence forums have more power IMO.

I really don't like the BBB if it's not obvious. They lie to people just to get them to join their organization.
Rbelflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:59 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbelflower View Post
The best part is the BBB.

BBB has 0 (zero) power.

They have nothing to do with any government agency whatsoever.
They are a private party with a clever name.

Honestly this board has more power than they do.. boycott the dealership.. Others see the posts and do business elsewhere.. hence forums have more power IMO.

I really don't like the BBB if it's not obvious. They lie to people just to get them to join their organization.
LOL.... That too
Old 11-04-2018, 05:50 AM   #24
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
To the OP, just saw this thread. Not sure where you are located around ATL or if your Camaro is fixed, but if you are still looking for dealer service, try Maxie Price in Loganville. Very reasonable, mod friendly in my experience, good techs in the shop. Worth a shot!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote