Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Replaced DRL now have wierd warning lights

Hi all,

The wife hit a folding table that came off a truck on the freeway. 2016 RS. It hit the driver side of the bumper taking out the side led marker light, smashed the DRL back into the bumper and left a gnarly scratch. Could have been worse, total of 10 cars effected is what she told me, 2 taking windshield damage. I pulled the light out and all was good. I put the side marker in a week or so ago and yesterday replaced the DRL (OMG what a pain in the ass). The wife told me now the window won't go down and the dash is showing the door is open. I'm kind of at a loss since is wasn't working on anything close to the door. I'm waiting for her to get home and going to try pulling the battery neg for 30 min or so but figured I would put it out there since I'm not finding anything online about it.

Thanks all
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:57 AM   #2
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Sounds wiring related to me. Might check all connections in that area to include the fuse box.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:34 AM   #3
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Sounds wiring related to me.
Absolutely brilliant. A+. Take the rest of the day off, with pay.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Absolutely brilliant. A+. Take the rest of the day off, with pay.
You are a funny guy, you should do stand up....seriously.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I would try disconnecting and reseating the wiring harness in the door jamb for the door giving you the window trouble and door ajar warning.
I do not think the door wiring/modules would be affected by a bumper hit.
Did you replace the side marker with an identical LED unit like you had before? Different LED units seem to screw up the logic in control modules. If it was working fine before, I would not expect a replacement to cause trouble though.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #6
NowaChevyGuy

Thanks all,

The new DRL is the same type of light, yes. I pulled the negative on the battery for an hour, no change. Then I pulled the door panel last and disconnected the panel connection and let it sit. Putting back together still have the same problem. Fuses look good. Looks like I'm off to the Chevy dealership this morning, yeeeaaaa.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
Old 10-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
Walterotg18

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss 1le
Did they tell you what happened? I had the same problems with my car after I got it back from the repair shop, it’s currently at the dealership getting the window problem fixed but the drl will still need to be replaced and not seeing your post I’m kind of nervous to do it

Last edited by Walterotg18; 10-14-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Walterotg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #8
NowaChevyGuy

It turned out the driver's door wiring harness had worn through the wires. It turns out the positive and negative are constant with a data wire controlling the actions. Due to the strike my car was at the dealership for over 30 days because the windows were stuck in the down position. I finally went to a wrecking yard and got one off of a 2018 for $150 because they have no idea when they could get the harness in. be sure when you pick it up and check if they put rubber grommets back in the door and body side both. They failed to do this so I had to send it back and let them keep it overnight so they can fix her problem pretty half-assed work to be honest with you, especially from a dealership. It's fairly simple to install, I had it covered under my extended warranty already so when the harness actually comes in they will give it to me so I will have a spare.