Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Bad nuts are loose on front sway bar

44k miles and I hear something banging around in the front suspension. My guess was sway bar and I was right. Dealer said that they have a TSB on this problem but of course I still have to pay. Bad nuts strip out over a period of time and have to be replaced. Sucks for me!
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
could have been worse mine broke off lol afe power had to put in bolts instead because the studs are built into the subframe fun shit lol
Old 09-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
When I first got my 2018 Colorado I pulled the exhaust to swap on the GM Performance system I had from my 2016. That was the plan anyway until I realized they make different lengths and the new truck was the long wheelbase version so no fit. Stock one went back on. But the point of the story is the bolts holding the exhaust system behind the cat were literally finger tight. So I'm glad I ended up removing and re-installing that so I could torque it properly. Made we really question the quality control. But I had already owned the Camaro for 2 years so I didn't immediately put that up in the air and start checking everything. But maybe that isn't such a bad idea after all!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote