Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Hello Everyone!

Recently "trusted" sources claim that GM will put the Camaro on ice after 2024-2025, but fortunately those are just rumors. I hope GM goes for a Gen 7 Camaro and in any-case if they do pull it off I sure hope it looks good, but for now we do not know. I really want a new Camaro and we all know GM and Chevy look into these forums for information on what we want, so I say let's give them what they want. This thread is made so that we the community can speculate and discuss what we would want in the next gen Camaro. I for one think it would be a great idea to not only discuss, but to also create, innovate and be creative by creating, drawing, concepts that everyone can observe and talk about, talking is one thing, but observing something tangible and realistic will be better in my opinion.

I am a college student currently studying towards a masters in Automotive Aerodynamics, I also have a bachelors in Art and have graduated Elementary Art School two times two years in a row. Apologies for the academic flex there, but I just wanted to give some back-round. Either way I alone could draw up a mock-up , but I think that will be a bad idea without first getting your opinions and hey if anyone else is a Artist and can draw then please feel free to collaborate with me, but you don't need to be a great artist to do this sort of stuff anyone can do it.

I am currently working on a mock-up now, and mine is a little bit crazy, but I think you guys might like it. It's a mid-engine all electric Camaro and the body is based off the ZL1. Anyway lets get this thread started! post your opinions and ideas!
Name:  cuda.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  27.9 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #30
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I was going to read this whole thread but you lost me with “mid-engine all electric”! If that’s the case design a completely new 2+2 spot coupe all electric just don’t call it a Camaro!
I think that could be the best thing and don't call it a Camaro . Too many people have their own idea of what a Camaro should be , to me it sounds like they are describing a CUV. Dumping the Camaro name opens the car up to everything without hearing someone say its not a Camaro. Best thing that could happen would be having a Corvette brand build a replacement , i like the sounds of a Corvette FireBird or Corvette Panther . It should be built with only one thing in mind and that's performance , be it with turbos or Hybrid or a cobination of both .If someone wants to stick a set of golf clubs in a car then get a Stingray or CUV.
They would sell and blow away any Camaro ever built with ease as far as performance goes . For as long as i could remember over my last 45 years around Camaros they always had that stigma over their head, maybe its time to let it go.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #31
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
4 cylinder turbo guy here...

anyone remember the buick avista concept? maybe camaro can take a look at that
Attached Images

rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #32
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I think the car should have an 80s inspired camaro for 2024+, with that hot Mustang GT wing.

LT2 Engine with Hybrid extension, 515 horsepower and 490 torque.

Better interior that we are all counting on, etc.

0 - 60 in 3.7 seconds
Quarter mile: 11.8 @ 122 MPH
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #33
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
If it isn't some kind of continuation of it's shape, it's just some vehicle they're calling a Camaro. I don't know why people get hung on the retro look, I think it looks gobs better than the MY it was based off of. I'd like to see a continuation of the 6th gen look, which to me is gorgeous. I agree that a Camaro has to have a V8 option. Electric will get here eventually, we don't need to expedite it.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #34
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf View Post
I think they should just drop the V8

I know that will make alot of hard core fans mad but its a feature that not many people care.

Replace it with a V6 hybrid kinda like the NSX.
I agree. The LT1 is a great engine but I just don't think it fits with the idea of a modern camaro very well.

I think it needs a straight 6.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #35
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hock23 View Post
. If they want to stick with retro styling, then retro the look of the early 70's split bumper cars, they were gorgeous.
It there a law stating that one person must say this in every design thread. That car was UGLY.

They should go back to building a big muscle car without all the track bullsh. Nobody brags about track times.

Lose the back seats and just make a really big trunk. Do something like the 80s Camaro back glass that made it easy to put stuff in it. Maybe do something cute like a removable bench seat in back.

Taller canopy, lower beltline. WTF is even up with the window sill at neck height. Let the chop shops do what they do and make a car I can see out of. A cabin that can fit big people in it with lots of cubby room.

T-Tops, or something with a shred of creativity for the roof. It's 2019 figure it out.

I said big alot because that's what Americans want. Big vehicles with big engines and big women. Shrinking the car down and throwing out everything but performance, especially track performance, was obviously a mistake. Small is feminine here and even women prefer big SUVs.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:33 AM   #36
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
It's a fine line between a 4-door, 4-seat sports sedan, and a 2-door, 4-seat coupe. It seems like many of you are asking for a sports sedan. It can't be a 2-seater; the Corvette fills that slot. Maybe it would help to define what everyone thinks a "Camaro" is. Right now, the requests are all over the map. GM isn't going to invest in anything unless they see a convincing business case for it, and sales of the 6th gen weren't it. Somebody is going to have to come up with a killer look and shape that everybody goes wow over, otherwise nothing is going to happen.

If we can come up with a consensus of what a Camaro is to people, it might be easier to start coming up with some design concepts. Forget what's under the hood; the focus has to be on looks. The only performance factor that would matter for this is if it's going to be electric, that opens up some new possibilities for styling, especially the front.

I think a couple of things need to be set in stone to begin with though, and that would be it has to have 2 doors and 4 seats. Beyond that, let's see what people think and go from there.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #37
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
GM is not going to invest Billions of dollars trying to keep a car alive that's not selling. A redesign to sell less than 5000 cars a month is bad business decision.
That sounds like GM investing in full-electric car business is terrible plain and shouldn't allow Caddy doing car business.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:31 AM   #38
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:

I know that will make alot of hard core fans mad but its a feature that not many people care.

They count for about 1/3 of the sales. So yes, a lot of people do care about them. Its also what helps sell the lower models.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #39
Hock23

Drives: Black 2016 RS
Quote:

Drop the V8 and I'm not buying a new one. I bought a RS and regret it everyday but I'm not shooting myself in the foot about it. Im going to pay this off, use it as my DD and then buy a V8 of the next gen(if there is one). If they stop production of a V8 Camaro i'll just buy a used one because that sound that only the V8's can produce is what drives the allure for me to own one. Camaro's and V8's go together. Without the V8 option, I just feel like it wont be a true Camaro.
Hock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #40
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Hello everyone!

It’s good to see that this thread is fully active lost of the time, it really makes me motivated to keep working on the project! As I said before I started school and I am currently interested in Automotive Aerodynamics, and I spoke with my professor through email (Online Class) and pitched my idea. He said during the semester we will be focusing on our car that we design and build from day one and that at the end of the semester we will have a finished car. I found it pretty convenient not only for me but for my side hobby which is this thread I guess? I plan on going into this long-term and I’ve read your replies and comments and found them very interesting. I renewed the car multiple times trying to make it pleasing to everyone, and the pics below are just concepts. My plan is for a front-engine Camaro, and for now, it is called the Camaro. It will have packages like the RS, SS ZL1 and such and will have a plug-in hybrid and fully electric version as well. In the near future, I will do the interior as well. To be honest the Camaro community can’t seem to agree on much regarding the design aspect of the car, but hopefully, with these mock-up ideas, we can maybe settle on something simplistic and aggressive.

Thank you for sticking around!
Attached Images

WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #41
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I loved the 3rd Gen. Wish someone could come up with a modern re-design that looks like a 3rd Gen. Had good visibility too. You know how people love to bash visibility in our camaros.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #42
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I loved the 3rd Gen. Wish someone could come up with a modern re-design that looks like a 3rd Gen. Had good visibility too. You know how people love to bash visibility in our camaros.
Does that problem even exist anymore? Now I feel more comfortable in the Camaro than in my Mazda
@WarlockCamaro very nice design!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote