Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
11bravoss

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Remote tuning

Can get some help on better understanding remote tuning? I've searched some and everything seems to get off track and confusing. I'm mostly interested in HPT and what exactly I need to get a remote tune and how it works? I know on a dyno tune AFR is closely watched, so do I have to get a AFR gauge as well? Also how does the whole process work, I drive some and send in the file and the tuner ma les adjustments? I know total amateur questions here, but I'm completely new to remote tuning.
11bravoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
There's a lot of different ways. Each tuner does it a little different, but the most common way is:

1)purchase HP tuners and unlock your car on it (the person/company who will be doing your remote tuning might sell it, in which they probably offer a package deal of "buy HP tuners from us and get remote tuning at a discounted price."

2).(optional) depending on your setup, they might send you a "baseline" tune, that will get you in the ball park of where you need to be.

3). You schedule some Dyno time, at a local Dyno. Usually an hour suffices, unless it is a complicated setup. Obviously you want to coordinate this time/date with the person who is remote tuning your car, as they need to be available too

4). You go to above mentioned Dyno at the time and date, and make a few pulls. Some tuners have the ability to adjust the parameters remotely, some will just tell you to change certain cells for them.

5) rinse lather and repeat step 4 until everything is dialed in.

Your AFR is monitored by a wideband oxygen sensor (opposed to the narrow band oxygen sensors that are currently on your car). Your local Dyno will have a wideband that, at minimum, will clip onto your exhaust tip, or go into your exhaust. This reading will come out on the dyno sheet. You don't necessarily need your own, unless you feel like monitoring your AFR while you are driving it. From the sounds of it, that might be a waste for you, if you are getting someone to remote tune it.

6). Enjoy tuned vehicle.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
11bravoss

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Thank you for the quick reply.
11bravoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
Gen5&Beyond

Drives: 2016 2ss Camaro
All remote tuners are not created equal. Contact Brett at Pray Performance. You wont be disappointed. He's a great guy and replies quickly.
Gen5&Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravoss View Post
Can get some help on better understanding remote tuning? I've searched some and everything seems to get off track and confusing. I'm mostly interested in HPT and what exactly I need to get a remote tune and how it works? I know on a dyno tune AFR is closely watched, so do I have to get a AFR gauge as well? Also how does the whole process work, I drive some and send in the file and the tuner ma les adjustments? I know total amateur questions here, but I'm completely new to remote tuning.
I offer remote custom tuning and sell HPtuners and wide band afr gauges.

Feel free to call or send me an email 203-753-7223 tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote