Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Countsin378

Drives: 2017 2SS convert 50th Anniversary
2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Convertible exhaust?

Anyone know what our options are for exhaust upgrade for SS convertible with NPP. Seems all venders are clear that the products they are selling only fit coupe due to clearance problems with the structure brackets in the convertibles. Right now seems only options are LT headers and risk a CEL/engine code (no handheld programs support 2017 and no local tuners), shorty headers (minimal performance gain) or chance that an axle back will work (also minimal performance gain). Anyone have input?
Countsin378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
As you mentioned, we are "restricted" on exhaust due to the extra structural support underneath. I went with the Borla 16 Chevy Camaro SS 6.2L w/ Dual NPP S-Type 11924. VERY happy Camper here. Sounds AMAZING, and it is axle back only, as opposed to cat back........

I purchased it for a phenomenal price from dynosteve (Forum Sponsor)...

EDIT: There is a Post in here somewhere, where someone installed this IDENTICAL system, and posted a Video on it.......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
For what it's worth, I have MBRP axel back exhaust, but while I was down there it didn't seem like the chasis (X) bar underneath would pose much of a problem for a full system, and It can be temporarily removed with a few bolts if need be
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Are you still happy with the Borla axle back exhausts? This is the one I am considering. How is the sound at highway speed with the convertible? I you don't mind my asking, what was the cost and cost for installation?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #5
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie52 View Post
Are you still happy with the Borla axle back exhausts? This is the one I am considering. How is the sound at highway speed with the convertible? I you don't mind my asking, what was the cost and cost for installation?
Personally, I am EXCEPTIONALLY happy with mine!!!!! Best price I could find anywhere was in here.........Shoot a message to dynosteve.....
My Dealer charged me 1.5 hours labor.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 09-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
I have the borla axel back atak on my vert fifty with NPP. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have bought the NPP version cause mine just stays in track mode all the time anyway. I like the exhaust but my AFM and NPP values do squeak a little and when my top is down it can be a little annoying. When I talked to Borla back in May before I purchase the exhaust they told me that cat backs wont work on our cars cause of the bracket but any axel back should work fine.
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #7
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSS50 View Post
I have the borla axel back atak on my vert fifty with NPP. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have bought the NPP version cause mine just stays in track mode all the time anyway. I like the exhaust but my AFM and NPP values do squeak a little and when my top is down it can be a little annoying. When I talked to Borla back in May before I purchase the exhaust they told me that cat backs wont work on our cars cause of the bracket but any axel back should work fine.
Have you talked to Borla about the squeaking ?
Old 09-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
GunnSS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie52 View Post
Have you talked to Borla about the squeaking ?
I have once and they instructed me to take pics of where the squeak is coming from which I know for sure its the open and close of the values. I did a fuse pull which opens the values and of course the squeak is gone. So I just haven't had a time to lift the car and take pics or some form of evidence. I was hoping just to find a fix like oiling the values or something. I don't know
Old 09-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #9
dyno1000

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I talked to a guy at texas speed about their headers and the guy told me theirs would fit. Now, that's just what he said. Been thinking about calling ARH and seeing what they said. Just figured I would throw my 2 cents in there
Old 09-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #10
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyno1000 View Post
I talked to a guy at texas speed about their headers and the guy told me theirs would fit. Now, that's just what he said. Been thinking about calling ARH and seeing what they said. Just figured I would throw my 2 cents in there
The headers may fit but what about the rest of the exhaust?
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
I have once and they instructed me to take pics of where the squeak is coming from which I know for sure its the open and close of the values. I did a fuse pull which opens the values and of course the squeak is gone. So I just haven't had a time to lift the car and take pics or some form of evidence. I was hoping just to find a fix like oiling the values or something. I don't know
Please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com and I will ensure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #12
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com and I will ensure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
Now THAT is AWESOME Customer Service.........
Old 09-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #13
GunnSS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
I will and thank you David. Thank you
Old 09-28-2017, 12:30 PM   #14
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
I will and thank you David. Thank you
I don't have anything from you yet. Just want to make sure I don't miss your email. Has happened with other forum members in the past and I need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Did you send me something yet?

db
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote