Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 02-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #15
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Holy smokes, I'd be pretty upset about that answer. And then to add pick up your car while we hunt down a part?

I see GM customer service may be trying to help you, so hopefully things get fixed quickly.... when I first read your post I said to myself, he's going to be waiting for months unless pressure is applied. Good luck, I hope this get's fixed quickly for you.

GM, please take care of this guy....If necessary, pull a part of the factory floor.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #16
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post

GM, please take care of this guy....If necessary, pull a part of the factory floor.
Yes GM. This is a GOLDEN opportunity to show you care. It's tee'd up for you. Blast a beautiful 400yd drive right down the middle!
Old 02-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #17
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi blpadge2,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this tonneau concern, and can understand your frustration with the proper parts for repair being unavailable. If it'd be of interest, we'd be more than willing to get in contact with your dealership to look into this matter further.

Please send us a private message including your VIN, full contact information, current mileage, and involved dealer so that we may best assist. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, you can visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
PM sent with details. Chevy has already assigned this case #8-2774024488.
blpadge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blpadge2 View Post
PM sent with details. Chevy has already assigned this case #8-2774024488.
Thanks very much for letting us know, Bobby. Our team has taken the time to review your case and just replied to your private message. Please follow up with us there at your convenience.

Kindly,
Lauren E.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #19
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #20
blpadge2

OK just followed up with GM.

Here is latest update.

Dealer sent car back to me last Thursday with the whole missing part saga. The dealership called me Monday to tell the unobtainable part was in. Somebody at the dealer or GM must have been working some mojo. Turns out the part they could not get was not the part on the convertible top that broke because of the spring-loaded tonneau cover that was not retracting, but the cover itself. Makes since the completely hidden top is new to the Gen6, but the other part that broke might be common to the Gen5.

I have an appointment to take the car in them on Friday at 4PM to finish the repairs as that was the earliest available time I could get off work to get the car to them before their service technicians leave for the day at 5PM.

My only regret is that if the dealership had kept the car last weekend like I had wanted, then it would be been fixed on Monday when the part came in, and I could have picked it up after work that day, instead of having to take time off work to run it over there. Combine that with some fantastic convertible weather missed during this saga, and the buttload of cold air moving in tonight.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #21
blpadge2

OK so this convertible top issue is the gift that keeps on giving.

Got call Monday, part was in. Took until today for me to be able to get time off and get car to the dealer before the service techs left for the day.

Was there about 45 minutes when my service rep comes out to tell me that this part didn't fix the issue, that another part will have to be ordered, and that they will have to contact GM for instruction on how to fix the issue.

Dealership had car for 8 days and was returned to me with repair unfinished awaiting further parts. Part arrived 2/27; I was finally able to bring car back on 3/3 and issue still not resolved.

At this point dealership has had 15 days to fix the issue. This is my 2nd trip to the dealership for the same problem. The car has had the convertible top broken for 15 business days, and I not being able to properly use the convertible top I consider an issue that seriously affects the value of the car.

Time to start looking into my options under NC Lemon Law, http://www.ncdoj.gov/consumer/automo...lemon-law.aspx
Old 03-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #22
Keifer
Summit White 2SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS, 2018 Tahoe
Quote:
The service reps words were "that GM didn't expect that to break under warranty and doesn't have any pieces in stock in any parts depot.
I seriously doubt GM told anyone that!

Some parts are only available from the supplier so it would not be available from the "parts depot".

The supplier would drop ship directly to the dealership.

GM thinking it wouldn't break under warranty

Last edited by Keifer; 03-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #23
blpadge2

Just got the car back tonight after it spent all day at dealership (3rd visit total). Everything seems to be working right with the top for now. Of course today would be the last warm day for the next week plus, so I did bring it home topless. Amazing how all now seems right with the world.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #24
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Glad you got it back and all is good.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #25
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Frustrating issue, I suppose this is the gamble we take with buying a new gen vehicle early in it's lifespan. I hope you don't have anymore issues, that sounds super frustrating!
Old 03-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #26
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
I had this problem DAYS after taking delivery. Super annoying and I was really regretting buying the car. Between ordering parts, and their "convertible technician" going on vacation my Dealer had my car 4 of the first 6 weeks of ownership. The final resolution was replacing the assembly parts (roll away spring, and plastic piece) on both sides.

It's really been the only issue and since it's been resolved I've had 0 problems. I'm in Texas and have been fortunate enough to take the top down nearly everyday.

It's obviously something wrong with the factory parts, but once it gets replaced it seems just fine now.
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #27
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Yes; most of us vert owners have NO issues.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 AM   #28
blpadge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Frustrating issue, I suppose this is the gamble we take with buying a new gen vehicle early in it's lifespan. I hope you don't have anymore issues, that sounds super frustrating!
Agreed. I had a rule to never buy anything GM makes in its first model year because they never have the bugs worked out. This was based on past experience with 1988 Beretta GT (failed ECM, failed radio/cassette player) and 1995 Camaro convertible (trim piece along windshield that never stayed glued down, blown head gasket in 3.4L V6, check engine light constantly on, horn button that shorted out and blew fuse every time you pressed it, ABS module and airbag module that would go out at various random times, trip odometer sticking and not working). But this car was so beautiful and the 20% discount and low interest rates I decided to chance it again.

Tags
plastic, replace, retract, stuck, tonneau