Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Question split ODB port?

Probably a stupid question.. But I have an insurance device in my current ODB port so I save on insurance. My OnStar will be ending soon and I found another company who has a very interesting security device, but it goes in the ODB port.. I also was thinking about buying the AFM delete which ALSO goes in the ODB port...

So is there any way to split the ODB port? Or any other ways to make the above work?.. Probably a long shot and I of course don't want to drain my battery either.. Believe I read in the past that one device has to be the master and the other the slave, so it wouldn't all work together properly anyway.. Just curious what anyone has to share from the car community.

Thank you!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
google amazon can usually answer.....

Heres a y split:
http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-16Pin...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Last edited by Glen e; 04-23-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:19 AM   #3
NY Andrew

I've seen that but some of the reviews had me questioning it because of the reasons I stated. Do you think I could use two of those to accomplish my goal? Would they still be active when the car is turned off? Because the one security device would have to be for example and insurance will boot me from the program if they see it inactive.

As a side note, I asked you a question about waxing on your main Rinseless thread. Thanks Glen!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #4
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
*sorry for reviving dead thread, wondering if you found a solution?
I've experienced data loss issues using a y-splitter on the OBD port, sometimes I would just freeze up data on one of my two devices randomly. It never happened when it was the only device connected. I have not tried to leave this devices installed with the car off so I can't comment on the battery draining.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
NY Andrew

Been using he y splitter with extension for months now including having 3 devices hard wired to be on 24/7. I think the one device in the OBD split is also on 24/7. Everything works and battery hasn't dropped below 11V after 2 days of the car being off. Not sure how low it could get before it causes an issue so that's a question, but everything works I love it! So in love with everything about this car and everything I've added couldn't be happier! But y splits mainly depend on the devices because sometimes one becomes the master and one the slave.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Where is the OBD Port location? And do you guys know of a local place that would sell an ELM327 Adaptor so I can use with an Iphone OBD app?
Under the dash on drivers side. I got mine on ebay.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
odb, odb port, odb split