Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-23-2023, 04:20 AM   #1
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
For those Contemplating MBRP Exhaust

I bought my car brand new in 2019. The stock exhaust sounded way better than the stock I had on my 2011 thanks to the NPP and an awesome factory tune.
The problem I had with it? While it sounded good launching from a start, the pipes got too quiet at cruising speed.
Changing modes didn't help so i pulled my NPP fuse to keep the valves open.
Much better but still didn't ring my bells.....thanks in part to Ozzy Osbourne blasting through my 1984 speakers while cruising High School hangouts. My ears require more volume and depth from the car.
I did a lot of research on how to improve on the sound without breaking the bank while at the same time not having drone.
I was hooked on videos of Borla Atak but not very hooked on the price.
I came across videos of MBRP and heard the comparisons and I was sold.
Knowing I would lose the option of closing valves, I didn't care very much since my fuses had already been pulled for some time.
After my interest peaked on MBRP, I watched every video available on Youtube comparing Axleback vs Catback. I was undecided so I came here to read up on some feedback from those who bought both.
Many were saying that due to the X pipe, the Axlebacks were better than the Catbacks.
I decided to pull the trigger and hopped onto the MBRP website and selected the middle grade Axleback setup. I live in Oklahoma. We don't get a lot of snow so the salt factor was minimal when considering the concerns of rust.
I paid 690 bucks and it was delivered in 3 days. MPRP sent me an email with a link to track the shipping.
I got with a local shop to install it. He had done Borla and Flowmaster but hadn't heard of MBRP but was more than willing to do the install.
He bolted it on in 2 hours and I started it up. He was blown away, as well as I was.
He said my exhaust sounded as good or better than the Borla installs he has done on Corvettes that cost over 2 grand.
While doing my video research, many had said that the exhaust sounded the same as stock on on the inside the car but that is totally not true.
While the sound on the outside was awesome, I was blown away by the sound on the inside.
I had my rear seats down to accommodate the room needed to transport the exhaust system to be installed so the seats were still down when I started it and got inside (There is plenty of room to load the kit into the trunk via the backseat if you drop the back seats and forward your passenger seat all the way up). I kept the seats down for the ride home and I was in heaven.
There is no drone, it sounds like a different car and makes me think for what we pay, they should sound like this when we buy them.
The sound was total power. The tone was so deep and loud. downshifting is magnified by 10.
My installer took pictures of the set up under my car as well as the box the kit was shipped in. He said he was going to recommend MBRP to anyone willing to pay for Borla or Flowmaster. I think he was more excited than I was.
Videos on Youtube do not do this exhaust justice. You just can't hear the difference in tone and power.
If you are looking to upgrade your exhaust system, I highly recommend MBRP axelbacks. You will not regret it.
Thanks!

Last edited by RIPws6; 06-23-2023 at 04:31 AM.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:39 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I too like MBRP. I had a great touring system on my Mustang GT and chose it for my ZL1. I did upgraded Carbon Fiber tips though which I bought separately. MBRP has the best price point on exhausts.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:59 AM   #3
Green82

Drives: 2022 camaro lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
I bought my car brand new in 2019. The stock exhaust sounded way better than the stock I had on my 2011 thanks to the NPP and an awesome factory tune.
The problem I had with it? While it sounded good launching from a start, the pipes got too quiet at cruising speed.
Changing modes didn't help so i pulled my NPP fuse to keep the valves open.
Much better but still didn't ring my bells.....thanks in part to Ozzy Osbourne blasting through my 1984 speakers while cruising High School hangouts. My ears require more volume and depth from the car.
I did a lot of research on how to improve on the sound without breaking the bank while at the same time not having drone.
I was hooked on videos of Borla Atak but not very hooked on the price.
I came across videos of MBRP and heard the comparisons and I was sold.
Knowing I would lose the option of closing valves, I didn't care very much since my fuses had already been pulled for some time.
After my interest peaked on MBRP, I watched every video available on Youtube comparing Axleback vs Catback. I was undecided so I came here to read up on some feedback from those who bought both.
Many were saying that due to the X pipe, the Axlebacks were better than the Catbacks.
I decided to pull the trigger and hopped onto the MBRP website and selected the middle grade Axleback setup. I live in Oklahoma. We don't get a lot of snow so the salt factor was minimal when considering the concerns of rust.
I paid 690 bucks and it was delivered in 3 days. MPRP sent me an email with a link to track the shipping.
I got with a local shop to install it. He had done Borla and Flowmaster but hadn't heard of MBRP but was more than willing to do the install.
He bolted it on in 2 hours and I started it up. He was blown away, as well as I was.
He said my exhaust sounded as good or better than the Borla installs he has done on Corvettes that cost over 2 grand.
While doing my video research, many had said that the exhaust sounded the same as stock on on the inside the car but that is totally not true.
While the sound on the outside was awesome, I was blown away by the sound on the inside.
I had my rear seats down to accommodate the room needed to transport the exhaust system to be installed so the seats were still down when I started it and got inside (There is plenty of room to load the kit into the trunk via the backseat if you drop the back seats and forward your passenger seat all the way up). I kept the seats down for the ride home and I was in heaven.
There is no drone, it sounds like a different car and makes me think for what we pay, they should sound like this when we buy them.
The sound was total power. The tone was so deep and loud. downshifting is magnified by 10.
My installer took pictures of the set up under my car as well as the box the kit was shipped in. He said he was going to recommend MBRP to anyone willing to pay for Borla or Flowmaster. I think he was more excited than I was.
Videos on Youtube do not do this exhaust justice. You just can't hear the difference in tone and power.
If you are looking to upgrade your exhaust system, I highly recommend MBRP axelbacks. You will not regret it.
Thanks!
what part of Oklahoma you from?
Green82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:48 AM   #4
RIPws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green82 View Post
what part of Oklahoma you from?
Norman.
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #5
Captain50

Drives: 2017 SS Camaro
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Did you also get the xpipe installed with the axle back?
Captain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #6
RIPws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain50 View Post
Thanks!
Did you also get the xpipe installed with the axle back?[/QUOTE]

I did not. Do you have them? Curious if anyone got them thought it was worth it or if the could compare the difference.
I know I’m still way happy with mine. The next thing that happens is you get pissef at your AFM for shutting off the sound.
I’m getting a Range device to fix that issue.