Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-17-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
Clunk Fixed

My 7,000 mile, 8 speed, 2018 Redline SS Vert had a persistent banging on sharp left turns into my driveway. Eventually it morphed into a clunk that appeared during low speed. Took the car to my dealer, Ken Thompson Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX (Classic Chevy Fleet affiliate) and they solved the problem. According to the service writer, the front struts loosened over time and required tightening. I'm happy to report that the problem is solved and my Redline has returned to its status as the most solid, rattle free convertible I've ever owned. I'm also happy to report that the Thompson Group changed my transmission fluid to fix the so called "shudder" without argument. It seems that we get lots of complaints on this Forum about dealers so I'm glad to report that I have a good one.

Last edited by ac-427; 09-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
You have a very good dealer- a great dealer I might add. I don't know how many times I have had clunks or rattles that I have had on new cars. I tired brining it to the dealer and they failed to find it, or did not hear it or said they fixed it when they did not. I found the rattles myself- loose bolts, shock mounts, shock bolts, various other loose bolts, brackets, etc. So nowadays I don't even bother bringing to a dealer and just go ahead and find and fix the rattles myself.

My 2011 Camaro SS wins the most strangest rattle of them all though. I felt a rattle or like rolling beer can when I took a corner or hit a bump. Every fastener was tight under and in the car. It had me perplexed. I finally found it- it was actually rolling glass marbles under the carpet of the passenger seat- moving in between the carpet and the steel floor. There were many of them I had to fish out. Previous owner must have had a bag open and spill marbles all over the interior and they went down an opening where one of the seat mounting brackets was.

My shudder was a total nightmare at the dealer and I end up getting rid of my 2017 RS due to it and all the hassles.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
JT, you are right, I've got a great dealer. I know it because I've also had some bad ones. Mine is good enough that I've bought four cars from them.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote