Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Barnaby

Drives: 2017 1LT Vert
No remote detected....?

My car has recently been giving me the error message (no remote detected inside vehicle), even though it is in my pocket, the car will not start. It then says ‘place remote inside transmitter pocket to start vehicle’, or something like that.

Two questions - one, what the **** is the transmitter pocket? The diagram shows inside the cup holder or something like that, but that did not work for me... and two, why is it not detecting the remote intermittently like this? Needless to say the car does eventually start after hitting the button a bunch of times, and sometimes isn’t even an issue in the first place, but it is now becoming more common. Ideas?

Thanks guys
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Replace the battery in the FOB. The cup holder has the sensor for detecting the FOB to reprogram it.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
Barnaby

Drives: 2017 1LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Replace the battery in the FOB. The cup holder has the sensor for detecting the FOB to reprogram it.
How do you replace the battery in the fob, and with what exactly? (Type of battery, etc), TIA
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
CR2032, take out the key from the FOB, pry open the plastic bit, battery right there.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
This is a common problem. Likely your battery is fine and does not need replacing.
After some waiting, the car will detect your remote. it's irritating and unacceptable but it's reality.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #6
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I had this same problem with 1 of my 2 remotes. Changing the remote battery fixed mine.

Hope you have the same luck.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
There is a TSB for this somewhere. However, the TSB may not be for your issue. The TSB is for when it gives the message "shift to park" when you shut it down even though you have it in park. I think its becuase the FOB isnt being detected when the car checks for it during shutdown. It checks for it during shutdown so you won't start it and leave the key behind and go drive off then go to shut it down when youve driven 100 miles and realize you dont have the key anymore. It is supposed to give you a message like "FOB not detected" and ask you if you would like to restart. Since its giving you a chance to restart so you can drive back and get your FOB. Even though most people would probably see that message and wonder whats going on and not even think to use this last ditch attempt to restart it, then ignore it and then realize they can't restart it.

I am trying to find the TSB. It is apparently caused by a EMI (electromagnetic interference) problem with the FOB receiver and I think you have to tear into the console or dash and replace a module.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #8
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Needs a new FOB receiver ,car has to be reprogrammed.There has been 3 new receivers since 2017. I got a new 2019 put in mine. Part was like $40.00 and 1 hour labor covered by dealership.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote