Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #169
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Do you think the timing the next gen mustang anticipates a 7th gen Camaro on VSS-R?
Well, yes and no. Both companies know the general timing of the others “normal” refresh cycle. They almost never land in the same year and definitely not in the same quarter if they launch new models in the same year.

Both subscribe to the forecasts that my company provides (I used to handle the subscription when I was at GM) so just going through the forecast tells them pretty much what they need to know about the others expected launch timing and some of the powertrain / technology content.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #170
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Well, yes and no. Both companies know the general timing of the others “normal” refresh cycle. They almost never land in the same year and definitely not in the same quarter if they launch new models in the same year.

Both subscribe to the forecasts that my company provides (I used to handle the subscription when I was at GM) so just going through the forecast tells them pretty much what they need to know about the others expected launch timing and some of the powertrain / technology content.
Do you anticipate another refresh to the Alpha Camaro before it changes to VSS-R? ..if VSS-R even happens

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #171
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Do you anticipate another refresh to the Alpha Camaro before it changes to VSS-R? ..if VSS-R even happens
Again, yes and no. I handle the powertrain side of the forecast. Others handle the vehicle side of the forecast. Since I have history with GM, I sometimes get involved in conversations with the vehicle forecasters about what may or may not be happening in the GM vehicle portfolio. The forecast as it stands today shows Alpha 2, but we’re talking a lot about maybe changing that to VSS-R. No clear decision at this point.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 02-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #172
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'm guessing they will skip Alpha2, Alpha is already a world class chassis and VSSR will give more options as far as hybrid/electric.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:41 PM   #173
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Quote:
Again, yes and no. I handle the powertrain side of the forecast. Others handle the vehicle side of the forecast. Since I have history with GM, I sometimes get involved in conversations with the vehicle forecasters about what may or may not be happening in the GM vehicle portfolio. The forecast as it stands today shows Alpha 2, but we’re talking a lot about maybe changing that to VSS-R. No clear decision at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I'm guessing they will skip Alpha2, Alpha is already a world class chassis and VSSR will give more options as far as hybrid/electric.
That’s been my input so far, but there are other considerations around Alpha 2 that have to be included in the analysis. Our vehicle forecasters are more in tune with that stuff than I am.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #174
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
My sources tell me that GM is waiting to see if the Mach E Mustang is selling before they release the C7 E-Maro.��

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 02-11-2020 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ��
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #175
BlueCam

Drives: 16 2SS Blue Velvet (SOLD)
My 16 2SS is my keeper, especially with the new 2020 Silverado in the driveway.
BlueCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:34 PM   #176
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
My un-named sources tell me they are going to be shelved until the rest of the "ugly duckling" 2019s can be sold off . LOL just joking I love my 19s looks!
MarkSS1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #177
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I once had a car I was selling, I never did sell it until I got smart and advertised it.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:08 AM   #178
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
My source works at Milford - says they have not seen or heard anything new on Camaro in over a year. They would be seeing it 24 months prior to any production.

Says its on the drawing boards, but in order for it to come around, the OTHER Alpha platform vehicles will have to run their sales cycle. The CT4 and CT5 were both retooled for 2020 (kind of like a Alpha 1.5), so GM is not going to retool it for 4-5 years. Those models will pace the Alpha platform as they WAY outsell the Camaro (the only three vehicles currently on the Alpha are the CT4, CT5 and Camaro)

His mindset is that if the 6th gen stays in production, it will make it to the 7th. If GM pulls the plug short notice on the 6th Gen and keeps making the Cadillacs - that will be the death roll
Old 03-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #179
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
My source works at Milford - says they have not seen or heard anything new on Camaro in over a year. They would be seeing it 24 months prior to any production.

Says its on the drawing boards, but in order for it to come around, the OTHER Alpha platform vehicles will have to run their sales cycle. The CT4 and CT5 were both retooled for 2020 (kind of like a Alpha 1.5), so GM is not going to retool it for 4-5 years. Those models will pace the Alpha platform as they WAY outsell the Camaro (the only three vehicles currently on the Alpha are the CT4, CT5 and Camaro)

His mindset is that if the 6th gen stays in production, it will make it to the 7th. If GM pulls the plug short notice on the 6th Gen and keeps making the Cadillacs - that will be the death roll
Isn't that kind of backwards, the Camaro vastly outsells the Cadillacs it shares alpha with (CTS and ATS) Cadillac needs camaro to keep CT4 and CT5 alive
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #180
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the Cadillac models WAY outsell the Camaro?

ummm
Old 03-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #181
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Isn't that kind of backwards, the Camaro vastly outsells the Cadillacs it shares alpha with (CTS and ATS) Cadillac needs camaro to keep CT4 and CT5 alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
the Cadillac models WAY outsell the Camaro?

ummm
The vehicle registration data I just pulled shows that Camaro still far and away outpaces all the Cadillac Alpha models combined. Keep in mind CT5 is still in launch mode and CT4 hasn’t even hit the market yet, so that could change by the end of the year. But Camaro did outpace registrations of ATS and CTS combined before those models ended production.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #182
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
The vehicle registration data I just pulled shows that Camaro still far and away outpaces all the Cadillac Alpha models combined. Keep in mind CT5 is still in launch mode and CT4 hasn’t even hit the market yet, so that could change by the end of the year. But Camaro did outpace registrations of ATS and CTS combined before those models ended production.
Thanks for the insight as always Jim!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote