Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #603
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Same thing as GM's warranty, you can take the Mustang to a "track day" but not timed competition racing.

I thought this was old news.
According to that sentance which Hotlap pointed out, no you can not take your Mustang to a track day and keep your warranty.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #604
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
If Ford really has changed the warranty to no track events, that really blows for all gt500 buyers. Maybe that's why they aren't interested in laptimes and it's not a track car haha.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #605
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
According to that sentance which Hotlap pointed out, no you can not take your Mustang to a track day and keep your warranty.

Hmm maybe the article I got it from is wrong then.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...to-a-racetrack
"To be specific, taking the GT500 to the drag strip or a test-and-tune track event will not void the warranty. Should an owner enter their GT500 into a bracketed heat at a drag strip, or any track competition, that will void the car's warranty.
This is the exact same warranty coverage policy offered on the Shelby GT350 and the rest of the Mustang lineup. It's the same warranty coverage as what Chevrolet offers on the Camaro lineup, though, Chevy only offers this coverage on the Camaro SS model or above. Dodge has said that tracking a Challenger wont void the warranty, but issues will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis."
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #606
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
We are the only ones that care about him spreading misinformation and making up facts? Thats pretty dumb that no one else cares...
It's been clear for some time the back and forth wasn't going anywhere, just time to move on is all.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #607
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It's been clear for some time the back and forth wasn't going anywhere, just time to move on is all.
Understood
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #608
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:

"To be specific, taking the GT500 to the drag strip or a test-and-tune track event will not void the warranty. Should an owner enter their GT500 into a bracketed heat at a drag strip, or any track competition, that will void the car's warranty.
This is the exact same warranty coverage policy offered on the Shelby GT350 and the rest of the Mustang lineup. It's the same warranty coverage as what Chevrolet offers on the Camaro lineup, though, Chevy only offers this coverage on the Camaro SS model or above. Dodge has said that tracking a Challenger wont void the warranty, but issues will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis."
I would say running slicks on a computer controlled DCT is a modification and would void the warranty, also say you probably can't faill the DCT or the 8.8 on tires that came with the car.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #609
Chadicus

Quote:

I am almost positive that the warranty used to say no "timed competitive" events and that test and tunes and track days were ok. But this new warranty wording definitely says no track use.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #610
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Ford's says not covered under "track use" though. GM has a trackday prep guide for all 1LEs. Am I missing something? (I may be. Don't know.)
The Track Preparation supplement applies to Camaro SS Coupe, Camaro V6 1LE, Camaro V8 1LE, Camaro ZL1 and the extreme Camaro ZL1 1LE.

It excludes “racing or other competitive events”

https://camarosofmichigan.com/2018/2..._guide-min.pdf

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...supplement.pdf

Name:  F91AE20A-9EFD-4BAE-B298-D9C8AA477F17.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  199.4 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #611
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Does that mean drag strip only?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #612
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
@ZRacerLE, very clever and very interested as to the responses.......
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #613
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The only way to deal with trolls.
Attached Images

BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:08 PM   #614
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Ford is very unclear about what does and doesn't constitute itself as "racing" or "track day" etc. They are very deceptive and a lot of the wording is open to interpretation or seems to not have any clear definition at all. GM basically says go to the track and they'll warranty it. Ford has all kinds of language that has different meanings.

But like I said before, if you go to the strip, then "racing" is considered "racing" if there is a car in the next lane. Regardless of what that car is doing or whether or not you even know the person, if they are in the next lane, then your warranty will not be honored. Like I said, it is as stupid as anything I ever heard. As far as a track day, I am not sure what they cover or don't cover. But it is plain to see that they do not want to cover these cars at all for one reason or another. Basically, with Ford, just keep money aside if you want to do anything other than drive bone stock car anywhere other than work or to the grocery store.

Back in my Mustang days one of the forums had an entire thread trying to figure out what meant what and it was still unclear.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:13 PM   #615
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Regardless I would be very hesitant to take any of these cars to the track or drag strip. Definitely not something as expensive as the GT500 (or any of the Shelbys for that matter) considering that they've been having these overheating problems. The only way I would do it is if it was a rental with no cameras or anything.

Which brings me to another subject, why is Ford having these issues with these cars anyway? It seems like they just can't get anything right this Gen.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #616
Chadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ford is very unclear about what does and doesn't constitute itself as "racing" or "track day" etc. They are very deceptive and a lot of the wording is open to interpretation or seems to not have any clear definition at all. GM basically says go to the track and they'll warranty it. Ford has all kinds of language that has different meanings.

But like I said before, if you go to the strip, then "racing" is considered "racing" if there is a car in the next lane. Regardless of what that car is doing or whether or not you even know the person, if they are in the next lane, then your warranty will not be honored. Like I said, it is as stupid as anything I ever heard. As far as a track day, I am not sure what they cover or don't cover. But it is plain to see that they do not want to cover these cars at all for one reason or another. Basically, with Ford, just keep money aside if you want to do anything other than drive bone stock car anywhere other than work or to the grocery store.

Back in my Mustang days one of the forums had an entire thread trying to figure out what meant what and it was still unclear.
And as a lot of us already know trying to get Ford to cover a major failure like an engine or tranny is time consuming and frustrating at best.