Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-29-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
atst2009

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZLE M6
Anyone know of a decent dealer for service in DFW?

Just wondering if anyone in Dallas/Fort Worth area knows of a good Chevy service center for the ZL1?

I need to take my ZLE in due to a weird noise when I turn my steering wheel (I posted about it almost a week ago).
Last time I went to Autonation in North Richland for the free oil change and they were complete morons. Tried to tell me my brand new tires were trashed…they weren’t lol.

Thanks guys!
atst2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by atst2009 View Post
Just wondering if anyone in Dallas/Fort Worth area knows of a good Chevy service center for the ZL1?

I need to take my ZLE in due to a weird noise when I turn my steering wheel (I posted about it almost a week ago).
Last time I went to Autonation in North Richland for the free oil change and they were complete morons. Tried to tell me my brand new tires were trashed…they weren’t lol.

Thanks guys!
\]

I would and have taken my car to CLASSIC Chevrolet in Grapevine. The service advisor can be JUST as important as the mechanic that works on your car. Along those lines, I would ask for WHITNEY as she is top notch as far as customer service goes. Because of their sheer size (second in the nation) they have more loaner cars than most as well.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
tmak90

Drives: Camaro ZL1 1LE
I also am in Fort Worth and have taken my previous C7 and ZLE to Moritz for servicing. I'm pretty satisfied with the customer service there and they have addressed the A8 shudder issue I was having on my vette and most recently replaced my battery on my ZLE in a reasonable amount of time. The times I had to leave my car with them, they have either provided me a loaner car or an uber for drop off/pick up.

I may have seen you driving around, what color ZLE do you have?
tmak90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
jtblckmaro
JtblckZ

Drives: Black 2017 ZL1
I took mine in to Autonation in NRH.
Not sure the differences between ZL1 and ZLE where the noise is concerned but they took care of mine pretty well.
jtblckmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I promise if you use the sales guy at Classic Chevy grapevine Eric Hall mention me Jack with yellow zl1 and use the service guy he recommends you will be taken care of.

When the Zl1 and 1le were inflated I save 6 grand on my ride over the Houston market and probably 4k over the National market believe me I called every dealer that had a yellow zl1 in there hands there was No haggle I told him what I wanted to pay and that was it.

I saved another Houston guy 9k on his zl1 1le and the gentleman was so happy he nothing but great things to say about him and me. since then I've sent about 20 people there all with good experiences.

I'm pretty sure the Camaro club in North Texas uses that dealer and that salesman. although you would wait he told me the c8 would not be a penny over invoice and maybe could use our GM friends and family if available for it.

As far as service I had an problem in Houston that a dealer wouldn't cover but I told Eric about it drove up from Htown and spent the night at the In-laws and next day car was ready.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
Ch1

Drives: 19 ZLE M6 Red Hot
Ive taken my zle for oil and diff change at 500 mikes to classic at grapevine, for the mist part it went smooth but i don’t remember exactly what made me switch from them. I usually go to Sam packs chevy in Carrollton, they always did great job on the service visits, they also hand wash it there after every service, classic only offered drive thru wash. Another reason i go to sam packs is they sell lots camaros and corvettes and know what they doing with these cars
Ch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:04 AM   #7
Chronicle70

Drives: 2021 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Hello I was wondering if you ever had it looked at or repaired by anyone I also am from the dfw area with a 2021 ZLE having same issue have only had the vehicle for 6-7 months have about 800 miles on it just started 250 miles ago I bought mine from out of state so I have no idea who to take it to
Chronicle70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:18 AM   #8
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle70 View Post
Hello I was wondering if you ever had it looked at or repaired by anyone I also am from the dfw area with a 2021 ZLE having same issue have only had the vehicle for 6-7 months have about 800 miles on it just started 250 miles ago I bought mine from out of state so I have no idea who to take it to
Your best bet will probably be Classic in Grapevine. Vandergriff has a hard time trying to figure out which oil the car needs.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:21 PM   #9
Pcormier66

Drives: 2019 ZLE
Took my ZLE to Young Chevy in E Dallas off 1-30. 1,500 mile service and track alignment. I told them I wanted a baseline for track use and to adjust to OEM track alignment specs. The service manager came over and shared what values his other customers were using and offered to dial in a more aggressive setup, including sway bar adjustment. I politely declined but was impressed that they actually know what they are doing. I was a little worried. Based on my only experience I would recommend Young.
Pcormier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #10
Bain

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray Metallic ZL1
+1 for Classic in Grapevine. I have had great experiences with them with previous vehicles. I don’t know how they handle warranty issues with mods though.
Bain is offline   Reply With Quote