#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #15
BRM ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
Thanks again guys. I forgot how to quote everyone in one single post so I’ll kind of respond to all of you here. I always forget about valet mode so thanks for reminding me because I wouldn’t have initiated it. So will my PDR activate with valet? My iPhone also gives me that “parked car” location gtfoxy but I have not dug further into it’s features so I’ll be doing that.
That “rear end collision” on the Carfax would scream a big red flag if I was a buyer arpad_m. It’s unfortunate that more details are not provided to explain what was repaired.
Correct it valet mode will record anytime the car is started. You have to go into the PDR modes to activate.
BRM ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #16
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
My suggestion is to not use a dealership body shop, that's where most of the joyride buffoonery comes from. Nice, reputable standalone body shop is what you need...
Old 04-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #17
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Thanks again guys. I’m pretty sure I’m going to take the bumper off and have the shop respray it. The lower valance/diffuser can be had for about $230 on gmpartsdirect.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:04 PM   #18
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I would find out what body shop in your area people are taking all of their exotics. the attention to detail at these places is usually better, and these people see $$$ and fast cars all the time. Also, if they do take your car out, at least this probably isn't the first time the guy is out in a fast car lol. sorry, I know this is not funny. :(

I have heard of people paying cash at a body shop, and then checking the carfax, and the work is reported there anyway. I am really curious as to how this works. I guess if you do it under the table, maybe get it in writing.

You should definitely get a loss of value payout though. You might have to fight for it. I would take a lot of pictures of the damage. If it does end up on the carfax, you can show how minor it was. The carfax will note that the damage was minor though, and if it comes down to it, I would take a loss of value payout, and have the accident on the carfax, vs no loss of value, and you gamble whether the carfax shows your accident. If the car is fixed well, for a minor accident, I doubt you will lose more than a few k of value, if that even.

I would be super selective in choosing the body shop. I have had bad luck because it seems like when my cars have gotten hit, you can almost always see some issues with the repair. Most people can't see or find the issues, especially if you do not point it out to them. But knowing my car, I would be able to tell the paint not matching, issues with body panel alignment, etc. Again, really really minor, maybe not even visible in pics, but I would be able to tell. Was really bad with my atomic orange c6 that got hit 2 times, my black 03 cobra was fixed really well though when I had the front resprayed because of rock chips.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #19
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You sure you can't just buff it out yourself? Too I agree no insurance or police report if you want to avoid a carfax entry. I might question the need to respray the whole thing by your description and no pictures.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote