Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #15
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I'm sure you know a TON about Radar because you are a RF Engineer.
Laser, not so much.
LASER. It's MAGIC! BC super high freq.

But the physics don't change. You aren't winning the POPO vs homer arms race. Just keep track of the donut hangouts.

I dump the money in maintaining the car, race on weekends, and keep my pecker up. YMMV
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 AM   #16
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Anti-laser priority system with 2 Rx/ 1 Tx front and 2 Rx/ 1 Tx rear is the way to go if you want maximum protection, especially against Dragoneye laser equipment.

I noticed one of the posters must have rifled through all the YouTube videos to dig up the one instance (recorded) where ALP lost the showdown. It looks like an off Axis shot from a pretty smart LEO, possibly not enough Rx/Tx heads on the vehicle as well.

One only needs to spend some time on RDforum.org to legitimately build an educated opinion on speed counter measures.

Also where you live has a lot to do with what equipment will serve you the best. I live in the home of speed traps. Encountering no less than 5 speed traps a day on the roads around Edmonton Alberta and surrounding cities. I need alert for MRCD (My Radenso pro-M covers that for me), and I need protection from Dragoneye laser equipment (ALP full system covers me for that), and I also run Waze.

Next weekend I'll be installing the ALP system and will meet up with some local guys from the RD forums who have the latest laser guns at their disposal and we'll test my system after the install. This is common practice and I'm sure there's tons of videos on YouTube verifying JTK/JTG.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #17
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post
Anti-laser priority system with 2 Rx/ 1 Tx front and 2 Rx/ 1 Tx rear is the way to go if you want maximum protection, especially against Dragoneye laser equipment.

I noticed one of the posters must have rifled through all the YouTube videos to dig up the one instance (recorded) where ALP lost the showdown. It looks like an off Axis shot from a pretty smart LEO, possibly not enough Rx/Tx heads on the vehicle as well.

One only needs to spend some time on RDforum.org to legitimately build an educated opinion on speed counter measures.

Also where you live has a lot to do with what equipment will serve you the best. I live in the home of speed traps. Encountering no less than 5 speed traps a day on the roads around Edmonton Alberta and surrounding cities. I need alert for MRCD (My Radenso pro-M covers that for me), and I need protection from Dragoneye laser equipment (ALP full system covers me for that), and I also run Waze.

Next weekend I'll be installing the ALP system and will meet up with some local guys from the RD forums who have the latest laser guns at their disposal and we'll test my system after the install. This is common practice and I'm sure there's tons of videos on YouTube verifying JTK/JTG.
Cool. Looking forward to the results.
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #18
Atlas24601

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Im a former LEO myself. I got out of that line of work a couple years ago and let my license expire last August though. I hated it, worst job ever.

I didnt do any speed enforcement ever. I was trained on the equipment and knew some of the traffic unit guys though. They said the only devices that gave them any trouble were laser jammers and that everything else was a waste of money.

I wasnt looking to start some sort of debate between laser/radar amd legality or whatever.

I was just wondering if anyone had their 2016+ Camaro actually setup with laser jammers, what system they had, and if it worked well.
Atlas24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #19
Atlas24601

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post

Looking forward to hearing about your setup some more! How much did the whole setup cost if you dont mind me asking?

Would you be willing to let us see some pictures of where you chose to mount the equipment and give a review here too?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
Atlas24601

Quote:
20yr ret Highway Cop here...
Laser Jammers DO work!!
I have them front and rear on my car. I've done 4 installs total on my friends cars.
All 4 cars will Jam to Gun on the dragon eye. I was a certified in Laser so I know how to shoot a car.
Cool! What brand/model are you using? Have any pictures of your setup on the Camaro?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #21
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas24601 View Post
Cool! What brand/model are you using? Have any pictures of your setup on the Camaro?
You know...............
I videoed start to finish install how to...
I never edited and published, didn't think people cared, LOL
I'm running the ALP of course and Passport 9500CI built in radar.

Let me see if I have the patience to edit the videos, LOL.

I will tell you this, before you even start, Run a red wire power line from the fuse box in your trunk to the front dashboard.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #22
Atlas24601

Quote:
You know...............
I videoed start to finish install how to...
I never edited and published, didn't think people cared, LOL
I'm running the ALP of course and Passport 9500CI built in radar.

Let me see if I have the patience to edit the videos, LOL.

I will tell you this, before you even start, Run a red wire power line from the fuse box in your trunk to the front dashboard.
I'd watch it. Cant promise anyone else would. Im wouldnt ask someone to go out of their way doing all sorts of video editing though.

I was more just looking for ideas on where to mount the emitters if I did end up purchasing a system.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #23
bobby35ny

Quote:
I'd watch it. Cant promise anyone else would. Im wouldnt ask someone to go out of their way doing all sorts of video editing though.

I was more just looking for ideas on where to mount the emitters if I did end up purchasing a system.
I'll have the raw video put together for you tonight...
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #24
Atlas24601

Looking forward to it! Thanks man!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #25
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I'd love to see it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
cfabrizio

Drives: 2018 Silver ZL1
Anyone know who can correctly install the ALP system in the DC/MD/VA area and do a clean install as well?
cfabrizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #27
bobby35ny

Quote:
https://youtu.be/8RUidSZT6ns
Old 04-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #28
Atlas24601

Thanks for the video!