Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #57
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I had to laugh at this one...... How have I been driving a 5th gen for 5 1/2 years when they were "undriveable"?
I'm actually really happy to hear that it works for someone. Maybe it's my angle on the instrument cluster (I'm 6'2"), but I cannot change focus between the road and the instruments fast enough to be useful in driving. Using the center display as the speedometer helps a lot, but it doesn't eliminate the fact that the speedometer is less than useful to me.

On the other hand, the HUD is a brilliant piece of engineering. It makes your speed, tachometer, and other information available with the most minimal focus shifts I have ever experienced. After a bit of use it becomes second nature and you barely realize you're looking at it.

Makes it interesting to switch to my Traverse after driving the Camaro. I find myself not paying attention to my speed for the first few minutes before I suddenly realize there's no HUD and I really have no idea how fast I'm going!