#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #239
gra359

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1, 1970 BOSS 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Do any of you have pics of the center holes on the deck lid?? The metal is raised around the middle holes on my trunk lid and my middle stanchion does not sit flat. I’m trying to find out if this is due to the wing or trunk lid
I noticed that my center holes were also raised. But I waited till I test fitted my
EOS ZL1 1LE wing, and it sat flush with the trunk lid. No problem. What wing do you have?
gra359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #240
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra359 View Post
I noticed that my center holes were also raised. But I waited till I test fitted my
EOS ZL1 1LE wing, and it sat flush with the trunk lid. No problem. What wing do you have?
I have the Anderson and Next gen wing. The outer stanchions are ok but the middle stanchion on both wings don’t sit flush with the trunk lid. The AC wing is a bit worse than the next gen wing.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #241
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Stand by for a long ass post. But long story short, my spoiler SHOULD be shipping in about 8-10 days and I ordered on Nov 12th.

So I called Function Factory (who I ordered my spoiler though back on Nov 12th) to see if they can contact AC on the status of the spoiler. The person I talked to was super helpful (as always) and he straight up told me AC has ghosted them every time they have emailed AC. He said that spoiler is a huge pain in the ass for them because they know the wait times are getting longer and longer. They are also a distributor for EoS and recommended their spoiler as well. I told them that may be an option but let me do alittle more research on that spoiler.

After feeling alittle defeated, and looking at the EoS spoiler and about to pull the trigger on it, I decided to try and call AC and just entertain the idea of them just giving me another vague eta. Instead I got someone who was ACTUALLY helpful. He got my info and to my surprise, my order was in QC.

It didn't start off well cause he said they didn't GET my order till Dec 2nd. After a few WTF's, he did say they did some computer update around that time so its possible anything before then automatically became Dec 2nd. As far as the order goes, He mentioned there are 5 spoilers in QC right now, along with multiple other items, and of course there is only 1 guy who does it and he was off for a week. He also mentioned there are 6 total parts to that spoiler and it takes 5 days to make 1 spoiler. then to go above and beyond CS wise, he went and talked to the QC guy just to confirm my order was 1 of them and after a few minute hold, he said it was. So then he told me to expect a call from Pilot freight in 8-10 days and they will send Function Factory the tracking # once it goes out. then went on about checking the package b4 they leave and if I can't to check it within 24 hrs so they can file a claim and get it handled in a 72 hr window.

**he also mentioned there are 62-63 spoilers on order and the wait time right now if you were to order one is atleast a year.

Hopefully all this was true, and the total wait time will be at approx 22 weeks. Mainly I'm hoping, praying, that it shows up not screwed up.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:45 PM   #242
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Stand by for a long ass post. But long story short, my spoiler SHOULD be shipping in about 8-10 days and I ordered ...

I had called AC about mine on Feb 10. They said about 7 weeks at that time. It's been 9 weeks since that update from them. 6 months total.
Vivid did a check on it a week ago and said 2 more weeks so I should get mine by this Friday if the latest update is to be trusted.

If mine comes in damaged I'm getting a refund and probably buying the EOS one, even though I really want it I'm carbon fiber.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #243
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
They can build an entire Amazon facility before AC manufactures a batch of wings. They are probably backed up because 3/4 of their wings arrive with damage. Maybe it's time to invest in a better packaging method
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #244
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Now the wait time is a year for a CF Wing from AC. That is insane!
Just a note that Next Gen Speed as of yesterday had 4 in stock, if anyone was interested.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:52 PM   #245
AZIROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
I had called AC about mine on Feb 10. They said about 7 weeks at that time. It's been 9 weeks since that update from them. 6 months total.
Vivid did a check on it a week ago and said 2 more weeks so I should get mine by this Friday if the latest update is to be trusted.

If mine comes in damaged I'm getting a refund and probably buying the EOS one, even though I really want it I'm carbon fiber.

I contacted them around the same time and they told me the end of March/1st week April. That has came and went. Thats why I decided to call both places and just see if I could get a straight answer.

Thats where I'm at. If it arrives bad, I'm just going EoS. but EoS does make one in cf

edit.. sorry,, next gen is CF not EoS

Last edited by AZIROC; 04-19-2021 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #246
PROMETHEUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
If I was a gambling man I would say this is where the Anderson's wing comes from. http://www.screambodykit.com/view.php?ID=481
Check out the diffuser look familiar on that car even though its the page about the wing. Anderson's uses carbon post/stanchions that mate like the oem some wings attach to the stanchions with 4 exposed screws. little details like this and keyboard I can track down where this stuff comes from.

And what about carbon doors.. not many people are going to dabble with the doors..
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2a44633d1Yc3Qk

I've talked to CWS but them seem fishy I think there a trade company not the maker of the products I could be wrong but I get that vibe. ( A trade company is a middle man posing as a manufacture prices are a tad higher!)

I know its hard to trust people especially in China but hell this stuff is all made in China If you notice Anderson's sister company is seibon carbon. Which is manufactured or based in china.

I did a lot of business with the Chinese bought 1000s of dollars in Brushless motors, Foam and composite jets, servos, Lipo batteries, and speed controllers. I never got scammed but also I all ways searched for the maker of the items to get the best prices. You have to weed through the middle man a lot to find the actual manufacture. It takes a keen eye to see the difference of a copy made from a copy. anyhow I come to trust 3 makers of carbon if I was going to buy direct and for go the wait!

Racing & Carbon Fiber MFG CO LTD ( SABON CARBON)
sales@racing-cf.com
Instagram: @saboncarbon if you want to check out there work.

Sabon's Wing is pretty impressive just you need there carbon trunk to go with it since the holes will not line up perfectly to the oem holes... they were totally honest up front about this. I believe this is what's happening to the wings that are imported lately the companies that went on line to resale these items just assumed the holes matched and the wing would sit flush. You can get a wing and trunk for the same price as a wing from here. just FYI.. See quote..

I sent my LPE carbon scoop to be made by SAbon and got a hell of a good quote.. The weave on the LPE doesn't match the twill on the car plus I can get some made for people with the Edelbrock.

Supertechnics and screamingbodykits seem pretty reliable as well.

Trufiber should make this wing just, I couldn't give up my wing to copy. It was to expensive to part with.. and was no guarantee to get it back in perfect condition since the winglets would have to be pulled off to make to make the mold.

I think some of these companies are 3D SCANNING the wings vs old school making a mold from the oem part and this is why there are fitment issues.

A little off topic but hopefully it gives you some choices and something to think about.
Contacted screambodykit.com and they gave me a quote of $1050 plus shipping of another $475. 3 weeks lead time, coming out of China! Might be a worthwhile investment, but I don't like doing business with any company out of China. Way too many questionable characters for me to feel comfortable.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #247
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
having read through this entire thread all I can say some of you guys have the patients of a saint. I could never wait that long.

I'm also very leery that all this damage is caused by shipping. I think it is more a QA issue at the facility. Its a matter of backlog vs meeting customer expectations. They maybe of the mindset that "hey send it out to them even if its fubar and then we can work with them to make it right" sound stupid but stranger things have happened.

I want a wing but dont want to spend $5K on an OE and dont want to go through the pain you guys are suffering through. I must admit the EoS looks nice in gloss black but having stick on winglets turns me off... dont trust it

Sub'ed to this thread...
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #248
PROMETHEUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
having read through this entire thread all I can say some of you guys have the patients of a saint. I could never wait that long.

I'm also very leery that all this damage is caused by shipping. I think it is more a QA issue at the facility. Its a matter of backlog vs meeting customer expectations. They maybe of the mindset that "hey send it out to them even if its fubar and then we can work with them to make it right" sound stupid but stranger things have happened.

I want a wing but dont want to spend $5K on an OE and dont want to go through the pain you guys are suffering through. I must admit the EoS looks nice in gloss black but having stick on winglets turns me off... dont trust it

Sub'ed to this thread...
I could be completely wrong, but I believe the winglets are attached in the same manner, regardless of the manufacturer. And yes, I agree EoS is looking more inviting. I am hoping someone who has the wing can give us a evaluation of how it performs under high speed.
According to the EoS website the wing is made of ABS. On one hand, ABS means flimsy. On the other hand, I have seen very strong and sturdy ABS.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #249
Infamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
I could be completely wrong, but I believe the winglets are attached in the same manner, regardless of the manufacturer. And yes, I agree EoS is looking more inviting. I am hoping someone who has the wing can give us a evaluation of how it performs under high speed.
According to the EoS website the wing is made of ABS. On one hand, ABS means flimsy. On the other hand, I have seen very strong and sturdy ABS.
I helped a buddy of mine install his wing, now this was back in 2019. Maybe the design has changed since then. He purchased his from C7 carbon and the winglets came attached. Looked like they were part of the mold.

Here is a pic of the wing
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #250
PROMETHEUS

Quote:
I helped a buddy of mine install his wing, now this was back in 2019. Maybe the design has changed since then. He purchased his from C7 carbon and the winglets came attached. Looked like they were part of the mold.

Here is a pic of the wing
Looks like!
Old 04-23-2021, 03:17 PM   #251
AZIROC

Quote:
... all I can say some of you guys have the patients of a saint.

Ha... just wait till you get married!
Old 04-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #252
Infamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Ha... just wait till you get married!
been there done that twice... didn't lean my lesson the first time