Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 10-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #15
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Im very interested in the Mach1 perf package but I really can't see it price to price for a SS/1LE that it can compete, I mean, if I'm going to spend ~50K it's going to be really tough to drop that on a Mustang.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #16
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Looks like starting price is $52,915.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #17
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
WOW!

Content will matter a lot, and I am sure it wil not come equipped anything near a 2SS 1LE for that price. At least it gets a real manual transmission.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
WOW!

Content will matter a lot, and I am sure it wil not come equipped anything near a 2SS 1LE for that price. At least it gets a real manual transmission.
I think the Bullitt was mostly GT premium features, so I wouldn't be surprised to see content wise it be close to a 2SS

I'd still wager the SSLE is the better performer
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #19
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think the Bullitt was mostly GT premium features, so I wouldn't be surprised to see content wise it be close to a 2SS

I'd still wager the SSLE is the better performer
Oh, well that isnt too bad then really. Of course a cheaper option with less equipment would be awesome. I love the way the S550 looks, they finally put a worth-while transmission on a 5.0 Mustang, but it starts above $50K again.

And you're right, as it has gone all Gen., you will pay more for the Mustang and it wont quite perform as well as the cheaper Camaro.

I still like the Mach 1 though, just think the Camaro is a better value all around.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #20
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
WOW!

Yeah there will be a handling package which will be for the people who want to track the Mach1. No price yet, but I am guessing it will be pushing high $50's.

1SS1LE/2SS1LE is definitely looking like the better overall value. Especially if Ford dealers expect full MSRP, or worse, ADM on top of full MSRP. That could easily put the Mach1 with handling pack well into the $60's which is Zl1 or even Corvette territory.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #21
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Here is the problem:

This car starts out at $53k. Starts out. The Handling Pack will likely be about $3,500. You're at $56k (anyone else having slow internet right now?). Regardless, at a mid $50k point, you're really just buying the Mustang styling at that point. From a functional stand point, you can get a used C7 or, for a few grand more, a C8 or ZL1. For the same price, a GT350 still on a lot or a used GT350. For less, around $10k less, you can get an SS 1LE.

I like the Mach 1 - I really do. Out of the S550 offerings, I would rather own one over a GT350, as I think it's just a more robust package. But the price is hard to swallow in respect to the functional topics of the vehicle and considering it'll be in the realm of a PP2, just being able to stay on track for longer durations.

I really think the 6th Gen SS 1LE will go down in car-culture history for what it is. Camaro sales won't show that, but the enthusiast community will in the car's use.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Which version of the G3 Coyote will it have? The 460 HP version? The 480 HP version? Maybe a new 472 HP version. And which version or the PP/PP2 suspension will it have? PP? PP2? PP1.5-ish? PP1.63-ish?? And which of the 25 different Mustangs will it perform closest to? The Bullet? PP2? GT350? And it'll be priced right along the same lines. So basically it's just a badge and a few special colors and maybe a couple coolers on it and maybe it'll get just the M6 trans. It'll do 12.4-12.7 in the quarter mile with manual trans and with the A10 it'll be about a 12.3. It won't even come close to the SLE around a track. And the dealerships will charge a markup that the Ford guys will complain about but still pay. In fact, I'm starting to think they actually enjoy paying markups. Anyway, it'll be cool to see but that's about it.

The best Mustang value dollar for dollar hands down is the GT Premium. Get it for a discounted price, upgrade the suspension, throw a blower at it, and it'll beat a GT500 while coming in at about half the price.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #23
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Which version of the G3 Coyote will it have? The 460 HP version? The 480 HP version?

The best Mustang value dollar for dollar hands down is the GT Premium.
I believe the Mach 1 gets the 480 horsepower engine from the Bullit.

My wife and I have a 2015 GT convertible. It is a great GT (grand tourer). It's got decent power and a bit of a mushy ride. It definitely does not handle on par with the Camaro.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:40 AM   #24
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Which version of the G3 Coyote will it have? The 460 HP version? The 480 HP version? Maybe a new 472 HP version. And which version or the PP/PP2 suspension will it have? PP? PP2? PP1.5-ish? PP1.63-ish?? And which of the 25 different Mustangs will it perform closest to? The Bullet? PP2? GT350? And it'll be priced right along the same lines. So basically it's just a badge and a few special colors and maybe a couple coolers on it and maybe it'll get just the M6 trans. It'll do 12.4-12.7 in the quarter mile with manual trans and with the A10 it'll be about a 12.3. It won't even come close to the SLE around a track. And the dealerships will charge a markup that the Ford guys will complain about but still pay. In fact, I'm starting to think they actually enjoy paying markups. Anyway, it'll be cool to see but that's about it.

The best Mustang value dollar for dollar hands down is the GT Premium. Get it for a discounted price, upgrade the suspension, throw a blower at it, and it'll beat a GT500 while coming in at about half the price.
I think it's fair to criticize the Mach 1 for being just a mish mash of the best parts in the bin, but from a business perspective and a consumer perspective it's a hell of a lot better package than the couple thousand dollar sticker packages Camaro is currently offering.

This late in the life cycle you need these kind of models to keep interest in it until next gen.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #25
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post

My wife and I have a 2015 GT convertible. It is a great GT (grand tourer). It's got decent power and a bit of a mushy ride. It definitely does not handle on par with the Camaro.
Yea its getting the Bullit's 480 hp version of the 5.0. For the sake of the manual guys I hope the tremec 3160 with its tighter gearing does some magic to help it perform better than the mt82 did, because every Bullit I have ever seen tested or compared has been slower than an equal pp1 or pp2. I'd imagine the a10 will be fine since it keeps the rpms high.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post

I did enjoy my GT Premium. It was a great car and had some good power. I only ditched it because with what I paid for the car it would have costed about the same as a ZL1 if I modded it with a blower and other stuff. And it still wouldn't be a ZL1. So I figured I might as well just get the ZL1.

But I do think the Premium is the way to go. You get all the cool features and then you can upgrade the suspension however you want and top it off with a blower. End of the day you'll have way more than GT500 HP, really good handling, heated/cooled seats etc, and total cost will be high 50s low 60s if that. It kinda doesn't even make sense to spend all that money of the higher up trims. At that point you're just paying for badges.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:58 PM   #27
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I just figure for that ballpark dollar figure I can stay in the 1LE and have a better car. If Im increasing the budget to a Mach1 handling package it's still a bit off the 1LE and I'd rather go higher and grab the ZL1. I've had a 15gt/PP and it's not on par with the Camaro so when I think I'm spending *more* it's tough to swallow the Mach1.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #28
Thill444

The Mach1 makes sense from a Ford perspective. With the handling package you are getting the handling components and cooling from the GT350 (the PP2 still suffers from heating issues) and the Tremec manual which addresses the negativity of the MT82, and you get a Coyote motor. You also get some of the premium things the GT350 never got like digital dash.

But.. You lose the Voodoo which made the GT350 so distinctive and you basically have the same HP as a Bullitt. Personally I think they should have bumped the HP up a little in the Mach1 so it would have sat between a Bullitt and GT350 and still had the more reliable Coyote.

They made so many GT350's that it might be hard to argue buying a Mach1 for the same price as a nicely configured low mileage GT350 with an extended warranty.

Where the Mach1 may have some appeal is the A10 offering as people who can't/won't drive a manual did not buy a GT350 and the GT500 is just very expensive. But I don't believe you can get an A10 and the handling pack on the Mach1?

It also just makes the SS1LE/SS2LE and ZL1 all the more a better value by the time you add up the costs.